''Why arent they moving?'' cold snap permafreezer [HC 2.X]

You could make an video mapping?
"
uit wrote:
What do you think about Southbound Soldier Gloves?

nice life, freeze duration and resist. Synergises well, wouldnt use them solo since there are freeze immune stuff in poe.
pvp loooooooool
Last edited by eMbbuZomg on Aug 3, 2015, 3:44:34 AM
Any updates?
Yeah, I'm also a bit curious if there are updates to this build. I'm considering trying it out, but I'd like to know a couple of things, if possible:

1. Is it viable for solo play including higher level maps, Atziri, etc?

2. How did the Proliferation testing go? Which gem would you change and would it be used over Empower in a 6-link staff?
Hmm, this line from patch notes 2.0.2 is a bit concerning...

"
Temporal Chains' slowing effect now applies multiplicatively with Chill's slowing effect. This will result in less of an impact when both are used on the same target.

However, if it only affects the chill portion, it should still be ok to freeze stuff, right?

My Vagan just hit lvl 7, so soon I'll start to level this build. I just hope it still works...
"
Bizze79 wrote:
Yeah, I'm also a bit curious if there are updates to this build. I'm considering trying it out, but I'd like to know a couple of things, if possible:

1. Is it viable for solo play including higher level maps, Atziri, etc?

2. How did the Proliferation testing go? Which gem would you change and would it be used over Empower in a 6-link staff?

atziri cannot be frozen, so nope.

ele prolif only would replace conc effect, since it lowers prolif radius

just threw a quick 75 dark forest to test, and oak couldnt hit the ground after jumping up before he was dead.
pvp loooooooool
Hi!

I finally passed lvl 60 and have started Snapping. I thought I'd share my leveling experience up until now.

I cannot use my +3 staff until level 69 or something, but it seems to be working fine anyways, as long as you don't miss your first target when you have 0 Power Charges to spend... My current tooltip DPS is around 5000, with a fairly mediocre staff I found.

I started out with an Elreon -8 cost ring and Glacial Hammer linked with most other gems I could use at early levels in a Tabula Rasa.

After level 30 or so I switched to using Life Sprig and Flame Totem, linked to Faster Casting and Empower lvl 2, for both focus-firing of mobs/bosses and AoE damage. I supported this with Ice Nova instead of Cold Snap in the Tabula (replacing my Glacial Hammer since it doesn't work with wands anyways) and switched to Blood Magic since mana is so low. I always wanted to try out Ice Nova and I didn't wanna bother with respeccing fire damage, so I just went with a cold skill.

I'm currently level 61 and heading into Act 3 Merciless. Please note that I'm playing in Warbands, so I could afford taking bigger risks and died a few times vs. Cruel Malachai.

I have a few questions:

1. What are the ideal stats on jewels for this build? Any difference between Tempest and Warbands?

2. There is one additional jewel slot in the tree, accessible with only 3 more passive points, just above Resolute Technique. What's the thought process behind not picking this one up? We could get more Freeze duration as well as other desired stats from this (including up to 7% life).

3. I've looked at your gear and I cannot understand how you get the Dex requirements for Ice Bite/Herald of Ice/Haste without more Dex on gear. I had to pick the +30 Dex node on the left side of the Witch tree in order to get past lvl 10 or so for these gems. Could you elaborate?

Last edited by Bizze79 on Aug 27, 2015, 6:18:19 PM
Is pledge of hands a possible upgrade? Or is the +3 staff just better?
"
janus1231 wrote:
Is pledge of hands a possible upgrade? Or is the +3 staff just better?
pledge is significally worse, you want damage per hit, not dps to freeze.
pvp loooooooool
"
Bizze79 wrote:
Hi!

I finally passed lvl 60 and have started Snapping. I thought I'd share my leveling experience up until now.

I cannot use my +3 staff until level 69 or something, but it seems to be working fine anyways, as long as you don't miss your first target when you have 0 Power Charges to spend... My current tooltip DPS is around 5000, with a fairly mediocre staff I found.

I started out with an Elreon -8 cost ring and Glacial Hammer linked with most other gems I could use at early levels in a Tabula Rasa.

After level 30 or so I switched to using Life Sprig and Flame Totem, linked to Faster Casting and Empower lvl 2, for both focus-firing of mobs/bosses and AoE damage. I supported this with Ice Nova instead of Cold Snap in the Tabula (replacing my Glacial Hammer since it doesn't work with wands anyways) and switched to Blood Magic since mana is so low. I always wanted to try out Ice Nova and I didn't wanna bother with respeccing fire damage, so I just went with a cold skill.

I'm currently level 61 and heading into Act 3 Merciless. Please note that I'm playing in Warbands, so I could afford taking bigger risks and died a few times vs. Cruel Malachai.

I have a few questions:

1. What are the ideal stats on jewels for this build? Any difference between Tempest and Warbands?

2. There is one additional jewel slot in the tree, accessible with only 3 more passive points, just above Resolute Technique. What's the thought process behind not picking this one up? We could get more Freeze duration as well as other desired stats from this (including up to 7% life).

3. I've looked at your gear and I cannot understand how you get the Dex requirements for Ice Bite/Herald of Ice/Haste without more Dex on gear. I had to pick the +30 Dex node on the left side of the Witch tree in order to get past lvl 10 or so for these gems. Could you elaborate?

1) freeze duration, life cast speed and damage roll is an ideal, i would always use one with life roll and freeze duration atleast.

2) maybe lategame, but i feel like having enough duration already and need to pick up more base damage increase

3)24 dex from ammy, 50 dex from tree, 21 dex from jewels, 14 base dex. this puts me at 109 dex, my haste is not fully leveled iirc, but its enough for lvl 20 herald of ice and ice bite
pvp loooooooool

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info