''Why arent they moving?'' cold snap permafreezer [HC 2.X]

1st things 1st, heres an example of what the build does
Quick youtube vid (currently, this is the only gameplay footage i have recorded but you get the idea)

Prolif version example, more soon™

also big thanks to redeye for theorycrafting the build with me :)

The build is based on few core items, wich are one cheap unique item, one bit more harder to get rare item and rare jewellers + cold snap mtx

By crafting a socketed gems are supported by lvl 1 bloodmagic on our staff (crafting cost: 2 divine orbs from vagan lvl 7), we can skip EVERY mana node in the tree, and reserve 100% of our mana later. This build is non-crit, so its using iron will support gem for damage.

Using iron will makes strength give you damage, so we try to stack as much strenght on gear as possible for life and dps.
My Gear
If you can afford a 5linked carcass jack i really recommend one to boost aoe clear speed

Passive tree

Why does it work?
5 jewel sockets allow us to get a whopping 144% increased freeze duration modifier (old tree had maximum of 60% pre 2.0) paired together with our 20%quality curse on hit, 20%quality temp chains and 20%quality frostbite for insane duration freezes

Links
5 Link cold snap in +3 gems Cold snap - Cold penetration - Added cold damage - iron will - concentrated effect (6th link would be empower or hypothermia, tested in standard, both iron will and added cold damage are simply better over lvl 2 empower, lvl 3 empower is ~equal to added cold and lvl 4 empower is superior to added cold, with my strenght iron will is superior to compared to lvl 4 empower @570+str)

4 link curse on hit (20%quality) - frostbite (20%quality) - temporal chains - ball lightning (if reserving 100% of mana you need a 5link for blood magic)

auras: herald of ice, rest is up to you, i prefered using between discipline and haste, arctic armour is also nice, so is herald of thunder.

3link : cast when damage taken - increased duration - immortal call

leveling
Level with flame totem & firestorm trap untill lvl 60 when you can equip romira's banquet and start coldsnapping. Tree works fine, just grab some fire damage nodes while leveling and respec them with the free respec points you get from quests.

Bandits
Help oak in normal, cast speed or kill all in cruel and kill all in merciless

Empower vs iron will
Empower lvl 4
iron will lvl 18 q20%

Questions answered in comments
"
mrsteelonyx wrote:
wow cool build, btw how much total strength do you have? also i gotta feeling empower would be better than an iron will gem.

614 strenght with the chest in my gear, 570 with carcass jack for testing now

"
uit wrote:
How do you clean big packs, btw?

i right click and they die

"
eMbbuZomg wrote:
"
Xanin wrote:
interesting build, have you tried hypothermia instead of added cold? i think you'd get a big effective damage boost

hypothermia would be better for bosses if your initial hit would be high enough to chill/freeze, with added cold damage you one shot whites wich results in faster clearspeed

"
eMbbuZomg wrote:
"
l2ap wrote:
What would be your 6th link?

"
eMbbuZomg wrote:
Links
5 Link cold snap in +3 gems Cold snap - Cold penetration - Added cold damage - iron will - concentrated effect (6th link would be empower or hypothermia, tested in standard, both iron will and added cold damage are simply better over lvl 2 empower, lvl 3 empower is ~equal to added cold and lvl 4 empower is superior to added cold, with my strenght iron will is superior to compared to lvl 4 empower @570+str)

empower for solo play (lvl 3 or 4), hypothermia for party play since you wont be oneshotting the mobs so ramping up the damage will be better

"
Schaller wrote:
Seems really nice. You can squeeze some extra freeze duration from using Catarina to benchcraft freeze duration suffix (it's on the body armor for some reason).

Consider getting Ice Bite + Herald of Ice, since you're chilling/freezing 90% of the time for the frenzy buff and auto-cursing if you vaal boots like these to make a pseudo-5l allowing your chest to be used for something else.
blood dance for extra regen

Should work better than Asenath's Touch with the 0q innate curse on hit - although a regular 20/20 is nicer for things that can't be frozen.

Shock also helps greatly - try using Vaal Lightning Trap now that it has 100% pierce? Could also get one of those overpriced Vaal soul on shatter jewels and supplement the clear speed with some Vaal Ice Nova/Cold Snap that can potentially self-sustain.

Yea, definetly use ice bite before reserving 100% of your mana. Any vaal skill is fine, i mostly played ''support'' paired with vaal discipline for our group. Auto cursing sucks since you cant reliably use it on bosses where its only truly needed.

"
Cataract wrote:
Have you experimented much with running the setup with mana instead of BM?

Interested in the build, but not sure if I'll be able to find a +3 cold with cast speed and an open prefix to master craft without some decent luck on poe.trade.

I havent played it mana based in a long time, not sure how that would work now, maybe later.

"
Zaccie wrote:
can this do all maps? 78+?

Character lvl 82, done upto 79 maps with that setup ^^ Cannot really do immune to curse map mod reliably since you lose the ability to dual curse boss wich is needed for perma freeze

If you have any questions you can reach me ingame @MuchFlameSuchBurn
pvp loooooooool
Last edited by eMbbuZomg on Aug 2, 2015, 4:50:56 AM
sounds cool, maybe i give it a try, thanks!
Last edited by uit on Aug 1, 2015, 9:10:06 AM
Sounds cool. I might make this!
wow cool build, btw how much total strength do you have? also i gotta feeling empower would be better than an iron will gem.
ign-justanormalname
Last edited by mrsteelonyx on Aug 1, 2015, 10:07:34 AM
nice build. i wonder where the idea came from?

lol
IGN: SlightRedeye
(GMT + 0:00)
"
mrsteelonyx wrote:

614 strenght with the chest in my gear, 570 with carcass jack for testing now

"
uit wrote:

i right click and they die
pvp loooooooool
interesting build, have you tried hypothermia instead of added cold? i think you'd get a big effective damage boost
I hate the lab

SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216
"
Xanin wrote:

hypothermia would be better for bosses if your initial hit would be high enough to chill/freeze, with added cold damage you one shot whites wich results in faster clearspeed
pvp loooooooool
What would be your 6th link?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info