Detonate Dead

My man, instead of using CoMK, just use infernal blow with melee splash. Boom, everything explodes, guts and gore everywhere. There are better ways to take advantage of the strong points of detonate dead.
cast on melee kill (but inferno is already this) and cast on crit and cast on stun. all nicer options.

haven't figured out cast on death yet =p... i forgot if it uses self corpse or not.
I think this skill needs a graphical indication of its AOE.. At the moment, only the corpse gets blew up and we cannot tell how far it reaches. An indication would be nice.
"
parapaparapa wrote:
My man, instead of using CoMK, just use infernal blow with melee splash. Boom, everything explodes, guts and gore everywhere. There are better ways to take advantage of the strong points of detonate dead.

I'm aware of Infernal Blow and the joys of using it. Using Infernal Blow, unfortunately, does not negate the oddity in the order of operations with regards to damage done by attacks and how odd it seems, at least to me, that it is done on a per enemy basis instead of a per attack basis.
Since ele proliferation radius nerf this skill feels underpowered.

Now this skill heavily depends on cast speed and can't be used w/o repeatedly desecrate precast.

Something need to be changed, base DD and Desecrate cast speed, or proliferation radius and burn duration, or amount of corpses created by single Desecrate cast, or DD base crit chance, or amount of Desecrate uses.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Sep 20, 2015, 2:20:43 AM
today after playing my CAST ON MELEE KILL character with detonate dead i figured something out...

why does "comk" that casts SPELLS even cast detonate dead? now that detonate dead is not considered a spell?

i mean, please don't fuck with it now, its my flashback character, but might want to reword cast on melee kill
IGN: Nivius
Ty for scam <3
Detonade Dead is a Spell - that's why it is Cast. Note how Cast on Melee Kill shares that particular keyword, too.
It does not deal Spell Damage, which is an entirely different concept.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Oct 8, 2015, 6:08:18 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Detonade Dead is a Spell - that's why it is Cast. Note how Cast on Melee Kill shares that particular keyword, too.

so it is a spell but does not have the spell keyword/tag?
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Detonate_Dead

when i thought i could not get any more confused...
i always thought it was a fire skill. something in the land of unknown. not an attack nor a spell.
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:

so it is a spell but does not have the spell keyword/tag?
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Detonate_Dead

when i thought i could not get any more confused...
i always thought it was a fire skill. something in the land of unknown. not an attack nor a spell.

it is not a "spell" tag as it does not deal spell damage. it has "cast" to allow it to be used with trigger gems and supports/passives relying on cast speed... or being able to cast at all.

yes it is a fire skill, deals fire damage. also deals AoE damage. correct it is the 4th untyped/secondary damage base vs attack, spell, and DoT.
Detonate Dead is a spell. However, it deals damage that isn't spell damage.
We've learned that players want the "Spell" tag on gems to not be associated with spells that deal non-spell damage, so they get the "Cast" tag instead, to show they're still spells you cast, but spell damage modifiers won't affect them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info