Detonate Dead

messing with :

Trap - multiple trap- ice nova (testing)

just not high enough level yet to try

I have an open 3L so playtesting ideas
Last edited by kilthas84 on Dec 29, 2014, 12:14:07 PM
Deleted to keep all information in one post.
Last edited by kompaniet on Dec 30, 2014, 4:11:43 PM
Currenty at lvl 68 (Bloodlines)

I specced over to EE and man dps increased

4L
------
Trap
Multi trap
ice nova
increased Aoe

I lead off with ice nova trap and entire screen is covered in 1-2 throws

-50% Fire resistance - EE
-35% Fire resist - Flamability

Even if i mess up and tag fire first my flamability will knock down the added resistance

Soloed Dominus-Merc and now mapping :)

Double post. Forum is acting up.
Last edited by kompaniet on Dec 30, 2014, 7:40:36 AM
What you can do with dd and cheap 1-3 chaos items on a 76 map: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rvXfSSPLZg&

Passive skills: http://poeurl.com/y95J6R6

Items used in video:
Spoiler

Latest game version in use here. 1.3.0h

Here is my feedback for this skill:

This skill is very powerful but only later on.

Even with the change from physical to fire damage it does very poor damage in act 1 normal. I feel there is zero reason using this as your main skill there and then. Other skills just do more damage.

I would increase the damage at lower levels to bring it in line with other skills and spells.
From maps and onwards it does more than enough damage as shown in my video so the problem is only before that.
Last edited by kompaniet on Dec 30, 2014, 4:12:10 PM
I want to use it with Molten Strike + Cast on Melee Kill + Flame Surge + Detonate Dead

Might use Righteous Fire + Herald of Ash + Molten Shell

Will it work or I need to find a better fire plan?

Something like that
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAdwEswUtBg4J9gthDF8NzRJpFCAWbxccGS4aOBpsHKccziSqJy8n1SftKo0rUDGeNZI22DbpOlg64TwtPQ89_EGHQ8hHfkkbTP9N408EUEdTpVW1VcZXDVhjWfNboF8_YEthIWVNZp5odGjycXlyqXTtdqx4DXloeu98DnzZggeD24TZhO-Mz49GkFWUoJuhna6ezZ_fogCmV6cIp1WsmKyqrY2vbLc-vTa-ir6nwBrAZsEExFjE9sauxtjPftIh1HzYTdi92WHZfNpi4urjauxV7w7vfPAf8WzyQfJF9kj3MvfX-ej60v4K_lT-jw==
Is there a legitimate reason why it isn't affected by herald of thunder/ice ? I know it isn't a spell, however it is like the only non-DoT skill that isn't affected by those.
IGN: DatInternet
Detonate Dead does not deal Spell Damage - that is a legitimate reason.

There are multiple Skills that deal secondary Damage:
Herald of Ice
Herald of Thunder
Explosive Arrow (explosion)
Infernal Blow (explosion on kill)
Bear Trap

None of the above are affected by Herald of Ice/Thunder's Damage bonus, because they all deal neither Attack nor Spell Damage.
without a small dmg buff or at least a posibility to spawn more corpses than 9 from desacrate,this skill is pretty much useless without insane gear and especialy at low lvl's and the mana cost is ridiculously big.
When using Cast on Melee Kill with Leap Slam I noticed that when killing multiple enemies that Detonate Dead wasn't always detonating multiple corpses. As nearly as I can tell the order of operation seems to be to determine Leap Slam's damage per individual target and then individually apply Detonate Dead if applicable. This seems odd in light of the fact that if Detonate Dead subsequently kills something before the Leap Slam damage calculation continues on to the next target the next target's corpse doesn't detonate.

Is this intentional, and if so why do it this way? On the one hand the current method makes sense from a coding perspective in that nesting the damage functions like that might be simpler than having two different loops. On the other hand from a gameplay perspective it doesn't make as much sense when you have a Leap Slam that is capable of killing 10 mobs in a pack, but because your Detonate Dead is also able to kill all of the mobs you only see one out of ten corpses detonate.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info