Detonate Dead

There is a delay between the corpse exploding and the monsters recieving damage, it makes the skill feel really clunky and awkward to use. If the GGG guys could include a fix for that in a hotfix patch, it would be awesome.
Yeah it's a bit annoying the half second damage delay. It is a bug, right? I mean, nothing in patch notes and all it does is make things clunky.
Last edited by MrPing1000 on Mar 10, 2014, 12:56:05 PM
Was waiting for 1.1.1 to see if there would be a fix for the damage delay but it seems it has still gone unmentioned. DD is really, really awkward to use since 1.1 so any info from GGG about what is up with this would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: It seems people are saying that this delay has been there for longer than since 1.1 which to me is really wierd. I played DD in the days before 1.1 hit and didn't have any problems and as soon as 1.1 went live I noticed the delay instantly.
Last edited by Trakkan on Mar 14, 2014, 5:28:25 AM
Edit: It seems people are saying that this delay has been there for longer than since 1.1 which to me is really wierd. I played DD in the days before 1.1 hit and didn't have any problems and as soon as 1.1 went live I noticed the delay instantly.[/quote]

You are right, the delay was introtuced with 1.1.0.
DD with
is just f*cking amazing!!
Can Spell Damage Block Chance prevent (reflected) damage coming from DD?
Last edited by azmodael on Apr 6, 2014, 7:56:38 AM
The explosion cannot be Blocked, Evaded nor Dodged, because they all apply to Spells/Attacks specifically - DD's damage type is neither Attack nor Spell (usually called 'secondary' damage for some reason).
The explosion might be a secondary effect, but does the Reflect mechanic care about the source of damage, or just the damage type?
It's not a secondary effect (you specifically attempt to explode a corpse with DD :P ), but so-called secondary Damage. There are four main Damage types in PoE: Attack, Spell, Damage over Time, and 'secondary' Damage.

Reflect does care about the source. You are the source, you eat the Reflect.
It does care about Damage type too. Secondary Damage cannot be Blocked, Evaded nor Dodged, but Armour and all that works against the Physical Damage, and for example Resists/AA mitigate the Fire Damage.
I have a question from a different angle.
Can DD blow up my corpse? (as totem)
If so, how is the dmg calculated if I'll be running CI?
Same as for stun chance where it counts your HP from the state before picking CI?
And in case I'm lucky for this to be true, how long (approx) would it take to execute following combo:
cast-on-death + spell-totem + DD on my own corpse?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info