Detonate Dead

"
H463N wrote:
As someone who uses detonate dead a lot i dont like the new summoner skills...
I already hate to see all those beautiful corpses being shattered by those freaking ice casters and now i also have to share them with those annoying necros :(
they (and you) will also have a skill to MAKE corpses... which means, you don't have to wait for something to die before using DD or fight over corpse with another corpse user.
How will DD work now with Desecrate?

Since Desecrate creates corpses, and Detonate Dead explodes their corpses based on the Corpses life; how much life do the corpses from Desecrate have? Or are they dummy corpses with no interaction, or 1hp corpses? Maybe even Corpses based on skill level, or even based on the map level?

Would be nice to know how the Desecrated Corpses interact.

Edit:

It seems the Desecrated Corpses are based on map level. I say this because Lv1 Desecrate Corpses seems to be doing roughly/exactly the same damage as normal mob corpses in Merciless Docks. Will test some more maybe but I've got a good feeling about this, especially for bosses. :)
Last edited by Mosphe on Jan 30, 2014, 12:05:14 AM
it was already mentioned a few spots that desecrate created corpses are the same level as the map/zone it is casted in. so basically still unknown, but very similar to monsters in the area.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
it was already mentioned a few spots that desecrate created corpses are the same level as the map/zone it is casted in. so basically still unknown, but very similar to monsters in the area.

Ah was just editing my post as you posted this lol :)

This gives me hope to start a new DD character, as I had a few problems with it's previous playstyle.
I feel like the gem or desecrate will be severely nerfed (most likely desecrate will not create corpses with life based on level or a damage penalty to exploding such corpses).

As of right now, it's incredibly strong. 18% of white mobs life can get scaled by say 100% increased spell damage, 50% fire damage, obviously add Concentrated Effect and boom. 44%*1.7 = 74% - ish of life is done in one hit. And since that'd probably kill some mobs, you've got more corpses to explode. Desecrate just enables the original explosion.

Cast on Crit is a cool way to spam it though :) Just feel like it won't last :/
Could we get some confirmation from GGG as to whether or not the Desecrate-Detonate Dead is working as intended?
"
994125010 wrote:
I feel like the gem or desecrate will be severely nerfed (most likely desecrate will not create corpses with life based on level or a damage penalty to exploding such corpses).

As of right now, it's incredibly strong. 18% of white mobs life can get scaled by say 100% increased spell damage, 50% fire damage, obviously add Concentrated Effect and boom. 44%*1.7 = 74% - ish of life is done in one hit. And since that'd probably kill some mobs, you've got more corpses to explode. Desecrate just enables the original explosion.

Could we get some confirmation from GGG as to whether or not the Desecrate-Detonate Dead is working as intended?

Detonate Dead doesn't scale from Spell Damage. It only scales from; Fire damage, Elemental Damage nodes and Area damage nodes. So with this scaling, Ingite works wonders. Also the damage is so high, Elemental reflect is not nice. :(

I hope they don't nerf Desecrate because it works nicely with DD. The only real buff to DD from this patch is being able to control where the corpses can be exploded from! What is great! :D (Apart from Corpse leveling from Desecrate what is very nice)

As of writing this, I was wondering if Remote Mine (+30%-49% more damage) would work with the base 18% corpse life explosion? Would be nice. :)
"
Mosphe wrote:
As of writing this, I was wondering if Remote Mine (+30%-49% more damage) would work with the base 18% corpse life explosion? Would be nice. :)
does, because it isn't specific after all.
"
Mosphe wrote:
"
994125010 wrote:

Detonate Dead doesn't scale from Spell Damage. It only scales from; Fire damage, Elemental Damage nodes and Area damage nodes. So with this scaling, Ingite works wonders. Also the damage is so high, Elemental reflect is not nice. :(

I hope they don't nerf Desecrate because it works nicely with DD. The only real buff to DD from this patch is being able to control where the corpses can be exploded from! What is great! :D (Apart from Corpse leveling from Desecrate what is very nice)

What if you put DD on a totem when you run into reflect packs? Obviously not a solution if you don't see the reflect pack.
it is very simple: you cast Desacrate (lvl1) that creates 3 random area-lvl corpses. you detonate them starting chain reaction

you enhance DD (quality!!) with: conc effect, fire pen, fire% (i also dipped in added lightning)

with some tree investment you should be able to reach 100% effective life

no totems, no mines, no traps. these just slow you down

my fire generalist is able to (with curses) one shoot entire packs. area lvl does not matter at all. it works just as good in lvl78 map as in cruel fellshrine

ofc fire/ele resists are a problem but in practice it means two explosions instead of one. big deal

reflect is handled by arctic armor quite easy. synergy of AA and fire dmg is strong

use something for single tough targets - incinerate works nice

relevant gear (other stuff has no +dmg mods and is mostly reasists and mana for MoM+EB)
Spoiler
has anyone tried CWDT+Descrate+Detonate ?

Seems like a good combo since both gems can be level 1
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info