Cold Snap

Greetings,

I was wondering how this would work with the trap skill? Interest is in the cool down part.

I throw a trap it goes off, if I throw a second trap what is, or how does the cool down work? Does it wait 4 seconds?

I was thinking about using coldsnap with trap, Ele.Pro, and either IAOE or cold pen. But I have no clue if the delay is different due to seperate trap mechanics, or not.

Second question would be how does cold snap delay work with remote mine?

Third question how does trap/Cold snap v.s Freeze mine v.s cold snap/remote mine compare in your opinion(s), to each other?

Thanks!

"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
AstosMaldova wrote:
you can be really silly though with coldsnap. it would require a lot of slots but you could get ice spear with powercharge on crit and improved crit, and mix it with coldsnap with the same 2 support gems. If you get 5 power charges with enough crit chance nodes.. There's a good chance you can spam the spell at least 7 or 8 times in a row. Just use the ice spear to build to 5 charges and fire away. maybe increase your area effect's range and damage to make them really count.
vols or a power charge on crit with tempest shield, then a cold snap cast on damage taken also on cast on stun.
enjoy?

If you want to spam Cold Snap it is possibly. First it is really i mean REALLY expensive... And second you are damned to be Glas Cannon -Build.
First you need Soul Taker. Second 6l Volls Protector rr/gg/bb and finally all Crit Chance Nodes you can get with Scion. Mix it with Cyclone+Cast on Crit and have fun. Almost forgot, you need also to craft a really sick "Platinum Kris" with Spell Damage +Spell Crit +extra Crit + Accuracy too...

PS.
And... your party members will love you...
Last edited by SuperDumbo on Feb 17, 2014, 1:12:13 PM
I'm using a Cold Snap spam build. It's the most fun I've had as a caster, ever :)

Just needs a

Technically, you only need the 1st, but the rest helps a lot.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
hi, can we use coldsnap with spell tondem
Urgently needs a rebalance

A quick comparison
Arctic Breath level 20
- 467 - 701 damage - 1 second cast time - ~575 dps
- 5% crit chance

Cold Snap level 20
- 269 - 404 damage - 0.85 cast time - ~400 dps
- 4% crit chance
- Consumes power charges or has a cooldown

Sustaining power charges with Romira's you can get mediocre clear speeds. Otherwise with Voll's Protector, it's possible but unreliable to sustain versus packs, and impossible versus single target. The 4% base crit chance hurts it so much.

My suggestion would be increase crit to 5/6% and cast time to 1 second. Could do with a damage boost but the real problem is crit chance, until that is fixed it is really unusable as a main skill.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
sounds like an oops
Fun fact: Cold Snap used to have some of the highest per-Hit Damage.
Power creeeep.
"
lukeiy wrote:

A quick comparison
Arctic Breath level 20
- 5% crit chance

Cold Snap level 20
- 4% crit chance

Sustaining power charges with Romira's you can get mediocre clear speeds. Otherwise with Voll's Protector, it's possible but unreliable to sustain versus packs, and impossible versus single target. The 4% base crit chance hurts it so much.

My suggestion would be increase crit to 5/6% and cast time to 1 second. Could do with a damage boost but the real problem is crit chance, until that is fixed it is really unusable as a main skill.

This is NOT a DPS skill. I use it as my main skill, and I'm ok with the lack of damage. It's a fair trade-off for the freeze. I think the skill might need a bit more DPS, but nothing huge (like 20-30%, maybe?), balanced by lowering the Freeze Duration on it.

If they made it do more damage and cast slower, it would make it drastically stronger at Freezing, and harder to balance.

--

In short, needs a bit more damage, but it's a good spell. If you're looking a for a DPS Cold Spell, try Freezing Pulse, Ice Spear or Arctic Breath. Stay away from Glacial Cascade :D
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
"
CantripN wrote:
"
lukeiy wrote:

A quick comparison
Arctic Breath level 20
- 5% crit chance

Cold Snap level 20
- 4% crit chance

This is NOT a DPS skill. I use it as my main skill, and I'm ok with the lack of damage. It's a fair trade-off for the freeze. I think the skill might need a bit more DPS, but nothing huge (like 20-30%, maybe?), balanced by lowering the Freeze Duration on it.

If they made it do more damage and cast slower, it would make it drastically stronger at Freezing, and harder to balance.

--

In short, needs a bit more damage, but it's a good spell. If you're looking a for a DPS Cold Spell, try Freezing Pulse, Ice Spear or Arctic Breath. Stay away from Glacial Cascade :D

You won't freeze bosses, they have too much hp. Meanwhile, Arctic Breath drops chilled ground for guaranteed boss slowing. It also benefits from all the same supports (concentrated effect, increased AOE), as well as being able to shotgun with LMP. So it has better utility versus the enemies where it counts, and better damage. And it doesn't deplete your power charges.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
Most spells have received even more buffing since the last post about it. With Flame Surge out, Cold Snap is put to shame in terms of damage. For the amount of hoops you need to jump through to sustain it as a damage skill, Cold Snap just doesn't compete. Even as a utility to freeze, it's just so far behind in damage. It could use a massive boost to base damage, you can take a bit off the freeze duration if need be to keep it from being too strong (30% increased freeze damage down to 15%?)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info