Cold Snap

Unavailable

Post your 0.9.4 feedback for this skill here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last edited by Jess_GGG on Jun 7, 2018, 9:30:15 PM
Last bumped on Jun 7, 2018, 9:30:39 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
This spell is designed primarily as a control and support skill. Many players seem to enjoy using it as a primary attack spell, but it doesn't scale well with damage at higher levels.
Guilty as charged Mark. Lvl 46 Templar , Using it as attack spell. Damage is low but freeze is handy for escapes.
Modulate -Skullfuck , tune to play POE
Ive been using it along side my frost nova and Cold snap still seems to deal more damage

Both are lvl 9 and i started using them as i got them. Frost nova is almost lvling but the dmg gap atm is 219 vs 182 max damage
not using this skill anymore since mobs were nerfed on my templar, mainly using ice nova now.

altho my build doesnt work for chaos due to gear, build. focused in killing alot of weak mobs.
0.9.5 feedback below this post

Compared to Frost Nova this skill seems a bit too powerful.

Only reason to use Frost Nova over this skill is convenience.

I feel it is a bit too weak damage wise.

I could live with it if they'd up the mana-cost and raised the damage.

Still, the main use of this on a frost-witch is holding off clumps of melee units and freezing archers that you couldn't reach otherwise.

Problem with mouse-over skills is still the games camera perspective. You have a longer range towards the distance, top-right of the screen, while in the left-bottom of the screen, you simply have less range and on top of that you are likely to click the chat rather than the enemy below.
Unavailable
Unavailable

Sorry, can't figure out how to link socketed gems.

It seems almost strictly better than Frost Nova at this level. Comparable damage, chance to freeze, extra chill duration, and ranged targeting all make it better at crowd control.

The downside of having a smaller (I think) AoE isn't enough to make it a meaningful choice between using this and Frost Nova.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
unicron wrote:
Problem with mouse-over skills is still the games camera perspective. You have a longer range towards the distance, top-right of the screen, while in the left-bottom of the screen, you simply have less range and on top of that you are likely to click the chat rather than the enemy below.
I can attest to this problem. I've ended up rebinding my skills by accident when I was trying to firestorm an enemy in the lower right corner.
Last edited by Strill on Jan 5, 2012, 4:28:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info