Cold Snap

when I got this skill I thought I was going to get something like ice-nova only on a specific point, and with more crowd control.

It would be nice if the radius was increased to improve CC-ability, and of course, this has to mean that the damage goes down a little as well.

Currently it only hits a lot of mobs if they're really packed, if I get swarmed from 3 sides, this skill isn't fast enough to get even half of them before reaching me.

As primary damage skill it takes too much mana, and takes too long to cast to be really effective.
ign:mptyspace
This spell should ignore current enemy snap-to selection and fire directly at the cursor. It is exceedingly difficult to get all of the enemies inside its range if you dont know which enemy or blank space its going to decide to pick to aim for you at.
Using it on a lvl 30 witch specd for Ice damage. The damage is a little bit low, but that is understandable because it's supposed to be used for support.

This skill really shines when coupled with elemental weakness, making it a base of around 35% chance to freeze. Add in some frost walls to the mix and enemies can hardly touch you!

I really like this skill, except for the animation. I think the description (a spike of ice) is a lot cooler than the beam that is in the game right now. A spike protruding out of the ground would be the coolest thing ever, and make this skill my favorite hands down.
I love the gem combination possibilities in this game. I found an immensely powerful combination using this spell mixed with the support gems Elemental Proliferation and Added Lightning Damage and the Elemental Weakness curse.

The Added Lightning Damage support boosts the weak Cold Snap damage and helps apply the Shock debuff for added damage.

Elemental Weakness increases the chance to apply both Freeze and Shock effects.

Elemental Proliferation takes advantage of the high chance to Freeze and spreads it to the entire pack as well as the Shock effect to a decent degree.

This combination results in a spammable AoE spell that Freezes solid large groups of mobs and destroys them quickly from the amplified Shock effect. It actually gets more powerful the larger the AoE pack thanks to the Elemental Proliferation. Passive skills in increased area of effect size and shock chance boost the potency further.
Last edited by Blackguard on Apr 8, 2012, 5:54:01 PM
Can some1 tell me if "Cold Snap+Increased Duration" increase freeze/chill duration???
Well if you support it it will show up with an icon if it does work so that's the easiest way to tell. But the answer in this case is no. The chill is not a skill effect duration, it's simply a status caused by the cold damage. It's not part of the skill cold snap itself so it can't be supported. The increased chill duration on cold damage is the skill boosting the chill duration, but it doesn't make the chill part of the skill itself. One way to increase the duration of the chill is to use added cold damage which has increased chill duration on it.
I really don't like the idea of unavoidable skills in a game such as this and I don't feel adding a cool down will change that, possibly changing it to work more like lightning warp, with a .25-.5sec delay with a clear marker on the ground so players have the ability to react and escape if they are fast enough.
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!
Last edited by NotSorry on May 10, 2012, 2:04:00 PM
It has a delay as is and is completely avoidable. Just make sure to strafe while approaching enemies that cast it and you'll be fine. It could be increased a bit though as it may be nearly impossible to dodge with negative movespeed.
"
Umbraal wrote:
It has a delay as is and is completely avoidable. Just make sure to strafe while approaching enemies that cast it and you'll be fine. It could be increased a bit though as it may be nearly impossible to dodge with negative movespeed.
Against mob ai it's not a big issue, but anyone with half a clue in pvp is going to lead the target
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!
I'm not sure if this is correct, but some bosses seem either immune to freeze/chill, or freeze/chill have Diminishing returns on the same enemy if used over and over.

I tried spamming cold-snap on Oak for example, and he never froze/chilled once.

I think that makes this spell very misplaced in the few instances i could see it being great (Locking down a boss in say perma-chill mode with the occasional freeze to allow your allies to kill him)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info