Blood Rage

some feedback regarding bloodrage for the devs here.

I feel like bloodrage needs to be free for CI again. If Im gonna back that up obviously I need to waffle a bit about CI and frenzy...

People in the feedback forum are making too big a deal of how bad a state CI is in imo. But, it does need something, its slightly lacking and its a free bloodrage sized lack.

Frenzy charges, Ive been debating in my head if theyre too strong, I was feeling like they were. If you compare them to endurance and power charges they are fine, equally as appealing. But how to get them is making some real problems imo. Ive been testing out CI attack builds and if you cant get ZO youre fucked basically. You need that leech and the frenzy charges, and even the attack speed because the life option has it and 25% is no joke. Its too imbalanced making it suicide to run for many CI and relatively easy for life.

Almost everything about CI is slightly worse than the life alternative. Its not that CI is bad and you cant make it work, its just too punishing and it doesnt give you enough back that makes it worth the bad bits. Everyones getting frenzy charges now, rage, blood dance, curse on hit poachers mark with a herald, simply using frenzy... Thats fine, theyre all using endurance charges too and power charge is probably the most popular act3 bandit choice among them. Having CI get theirs for the cost of socketing that gem, its not op, its not going to make path of ci. What will happen is ci builds will actually be appealing to some people and a few people will play ones that work well, a few more than do right now. For ci attackers its about much more than the frenzy charges, its the leech and the attack speed theyre losing, and ci attacks have been hit pretty harsh in other areas.

The physical part for life is good, just keep that and make the es part 3% of your es as chaos damage, have the physical degen of life just not touch es at all for ci so its back to how it was for them, they can actually use it without locking out their ability to recharge. Its crazy right now how much of an imbalance blood rage is causing between life and ci attackers when even without it in the picture life is still more appealing too often.

Leech is absolutely awful right now too btw, I stack all the leech I can, get vaal pact and hit mobs with a mirrored dagger doing aoe damage and I can barely even notice I have any leech at all against packs of 10+ mobs. CI need more leech, I even took blood drinker and turned it into es using energy from within jewel and it does nothing, Id be better off unspeccing ghost reaver and leech entirely, it feels like it literally does nothing. You need 4%+ leech at the new values or 200k+ dps, preferably both before leech is even leech and thats completely screwing over the dex leech part of the tree. If you are on the str regen side fine, you can run the green gem bloodrage all day and have ur green frenzy charges and the leech you need but things like shadow that cant regen es and instead leech to it? Theyre fked right now imo because their whole way of getting es back has been absolutely demolished.
how about 10% runspeed on blood rage? it would fit imo.
I use Abyssus helmet. The mini heart attacks are now an important part of my life.
By the way: is there any form of counterfeiting the New blood rage colaterals aside from Life regen?

I´m a Vaal Pact user and I don´t expect to get a free, easy, 20% Attack speed - but will be interested in knowing if it can be done, even if it´s hard to get there.
Physical Damage Reduction from Endurance Charges and the Chaos Golem bonus applies. Soul of Steel too, technically, but that's far away. It's not a whole lot of Degen mitigation in and of itself, but it also reduces the Damage enemies deal :P
(if you want to stop the degen, it's Regen or nothing)
Thanks vipermagi.

Considering that this thread is algo a suggestions thread, I have a suggestion to make: to create/modify a support gem that could be (costly) used to counter Blood Rage debuff (Arctic Armor comes to mind, as it´s really hard to get working).
Was considering to finally make some melee guy again, even though it does not seem to be very viable right now compared to ranged ... I was thinking going ES/life hybrid for that extra pool since I feel like you really cannot have enough of a buffer in HC. Was looking forward to use this gem, but it seems like Hybrid/CI is pretty much excluded from using it since 2.0. Really most unfortunate.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Physical Damage Reduction from Endurance Charges and the Chaos Golem bonus applies. Soul of Steel too, technically, but that's far away. It's not a whole lot of Degen mitigation in and of itself, but it also reduces the Damage enemies deal :P
(if you want to stop the degen, it's Regen or nothing)

ign: fanimala
How much life regen do you need to run the rage?
Absolutely none!

But it all depends on how comfortable you are with the degen.

Some players use vaal pact and still use blood rage because they clear incredibly fast and are never in danger, and are safe to weapon swap or something to turn off blood rage effect when they want.

In general if you are pure life or pure es based then you want at least 4% if you don't want to lose life over time, if you are hybrid you will need to calculate the required regen if you want to sustain.

Things like: abyssus, vulnerability maps, shocked ground, will also likely change how much you want as well as less regen/no regen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info