Blood Rage

"
FaceLicker wrote:
"
DarkRookie wrote:
When I get chilled or frozen while this skill is active, My character turns white even after the chill or frozen effect.
This issue has been around forever. GGG even has it listed in the .92 known issues thread as evidenced by this Thread but have yet to resolve the problem.

Yeah, that's (one instance of) a very tricky graphical problem with how effects layer together. It's going to be complicated to fix, and is not high-priority because for the most part it has zero gameplay consequences.
All feedback after this point is for 0.9.6.
Balance & Design
My level 45 claw marauder thanks you for this skill. It looks and performs perfectly in my opinion, except for the aforementioned effect layering bug.
I do like the chance to gain on death effect on this skill but I feel it's primary purpose is to subvert having to get life leech on items.

I would rather the leech/degen be reduced slightly (maybe 2%/2%) and the frenzy charges changed to chance to gain on hit with attacks (which would increase with level).

As it is right now it's purely for glass cannons in the sense that it works best if you do huge amounts of damage and have no life, A theme that seems to run with a lot of things in the game.

Their are few rewards for survivability so far other than just stacking life/defense for hardcore and slowing the pace of the game down for it :/
-Meteoric Destiny!
The reward for building endurance (hp% and armor%) is having more chance of staying alive in a high danger situation. Glass cannon builds are very prone to being oneshotted, so this skill is a good trade-off to keep us going.
Garrison - Closed beta Elemental Cleave DW Duelist
The screen flicker doesn't bother me, but I haven't gotten all the frenzy charges yet, so that may change.

This skill is very strong mid game when used on a Duelist with Golem's Blood, blood magic, and 2H axes while using Blood Frenzy.

Warlord's Mark + cleave clears out small groups faster. But this lets me drop any ranged before melee has a chance at me.

The combat speed this add when chasing down run-aways and single mobs is fantastic fun. On other characters I just skip them usually.

Just got into Merciless and it it takes two flickers per kill instead of 1, but I have a feeling that that is because I'm using a weapon 15 levels below me. I had the same problem in Cruel until I upgraded my weapon then I went back to one shotting things.

I have a blast, and I can't comment on late game, but this skill is definitely a mid-game powerhouse.
Lol, I come in here to post a funny story and realize that not only am I the last post, but I posted feedback in the wrong thread. The above post was obviously meant for the flicker strike discussion.

I saw someone die to this recently. A gold dropped towards the end of the fight and he forgot he had the buff on, so no flask. It was pretty funny. It might be good to add a HP will not drop below 1 hp to this. Just because that's a real crappy way to die.
"
Xine wrote:
Lol, I come in here to post a funny story and realize that not only am I the last post, but I posted feedback in the wrong thread. The above post was obviously meant for the flicker strike discussion.

I saw someone die to this recently. A gold dropped towards the end of the fight and he forgot he had the buff on, so no flask. It was pretty funny. It might be good to add a HP will not drop below 1 hp to this. Just because that's a real crappy way to die.

It would also provide a very easy way for a high-ES, Pain Attunement + dual Redbeak build to drain their health to 1 while getting free frenzy charges for 10% FCR at minimum. Whether that's a good thing or not, I don't know.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
Last edited by UristMcDwarfy on Feb 28, 2012, 8:47:27 PM
"
UristMcDwarfy wrote:
"
Xine wrote:

It would also provide a very easy way for a high-ES, Pain Attunement + dual Redbeak build to drain their health to 1 while getting free frenzy charges for 10% FCR at minimum. Whether that's a good thing or not, I don't know.

Sounds like fun to me.
Last edited by Xine on Feb 29, 2012, 12:00:34 PM
I have just started to use this skill and it works nice as a means to get reliable life leach. However, I do not understand the purpose of getting increased attack speed when your life is 35% or lower. In practice this means that you hit a little bit faster only one time, as at the point after that hit you are above 35% of max life again.

I would like to see that it gives you an increased attack speed if you are getting hit. For example, 2% per hit to a maximum of 5 hits and it lasts as long as the blood rage buff lasts. Only a suggestion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info