Blood Rage

"
abcnever wrote:

I never understood the notion of "we don't want CI builds to use it without downsides". bloodrage has always been the "upside" of going CI with a build, same with melee phy dmg on full life gem if you choose to go melee with CI.

I have to agree with this, the synergy with Bloodrage was basically the sole reason to go CI.
Of all the changes they made to the BR gem, the % ES dmg/ phys dmg degen is the most egregious mistake, in my humble opinion. If I recall correctly, there even have been several nerfs to CI in the past, on the ground that the synergy with BR alone was sufficient enough to make CI a viable build choice.

Dear GGG guys, I would love to hear your opinion what you believe is the upside of going CI, nowadays. Because, let's be honest, it certainly isn't the chaos immunity, which is a rather negligible source of damage in the grand scheme of things.

Maybe I was wrong, but I've always felt the passive skill galaxy, and consequently, the ability to build your character in different ways was the biggest selling point of Path of Exile. Well, this particular change feels as if I'm being shoehorned into a certain cookie cutter build and have to build my character the way you intended to.

Let me assure you, this change is not, as you might believe,"balancing" the Bloodrage/CI combo, it is in fact "unbalancing" the viability of going CI over Life altogether.

I will not go into any of the other changes you've done to the Bloodrage skill, as I can see pros and cons for every single change you made, especially in light of secondary changes like the buff for frenzy charges, for example, but I can see absolutely no upside to this particular nerf to the Bloodrage/CI synergy.
Last edited by Lardking on Jul 19, 2015, 6:10:13 PM
"
Lardking wrote:
Of all the changes they made to the BR gem, the phys dmg degen is the most egregious mistake, in my humble opinion. If I recall correctly, there even have been several nerfs to CI in the past, on the ground that the synergy with BR alone was sufficient enough to make CI a viable build choice.

I'd say the biggest factor isn't it being Physical Damage per se (this 'only' disabled natural Recovery), but making it scale with ES too is what made it hurt so much more. It was really interesting to see it changing to Physical Damage at first, and only scaling with ES a week or so later.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Lardking wrote:
Of all the changes they made to the BR gem, the phys dmg degen is the most egregious mistake, in my humble opinion. If I recall correctly, there even have been several nerfs to CI in the past, on the ground that the synergy with BR alone was sufficient enough to make CI a viable build choice.

I'd say the biggest factor isn't it being Physical Damage per se (this 'only' disabled natural Recovery), but making it scale with ES too is what made it hurt so much more. It was really interesting to see it changing to Physical Damage at first, and only scaling with ES a week or so later.

Yeah, I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough in my initial post, but that's basically what I meant. I agree that scaling it with the ES is the real problem.

I've edited my first post.
Last edited by Lardking on Jul 20, 2015, 2:27:57 PM
I'm not sure that I like it. I made my tree before I realized that I wasn't trying to mitigate chaos damage anymore, so that's kind of my fault... but all the same, it feels like it's now a bit too much work to utilize the skill. It was a bit of a delicate balance anyways reaching equilibrium with my hybrid, and now I feel like it couldn't be done without sacrificing everything that my build good.

Does anyone else feel that this physical damage mechanic to both life and ES is a little overly punishing, or am I missing something? Even stacking life leech on GR, I can't keep up. I could take CI, but I had always intended my char to be a hybrid. It's pretty likely that unless I think of something to fix my build, I'll probably just drop off using that character entirely until there's a new respec.

Thoughts?
Bloodrage is bugged. I have 3.6% life regen and a Lightning Coil chest, but I'm still degening life...
With 30% mitigation from the chest I should have about 0.8% life gain, not life degen...
Still looks like a problem to me. There is no point in the gem saying that it deals physical damage if physical mitigation doesn't work on it. And if it really is unavoidable, then they need to change the gem's description. Either way, there is an issue at hand.

I sincerely hope that it is something they overlooked, because if it is another misleading piece of in-game text, I'm just going to be very salty...
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on Jul 29, 2015, 10:50:22 PM
Conversion is not mitigation. Actual mitigation such as Endurance Charges, the Soul of Steel passive and the Chaos Golem's bonus apply just fine.
This is just how Damage over Time always works and always has worked. It's just as "misleading" as literally every other mention of Damage over Time.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Conversion is not mitigation. Actual mitigation such as Endurance Charges, the Soul of Steel passive and the Chaos Golem's bonus apply just fine.
This is just how Damage over Time always works and always has worked. It's just as "misleading" as literally every other mention of Damage over Time.

I'm not saying that damage over time is misleading. I'm saying that describing the type of damage as physical is misleading.
But it is Physical Damage over Time, and just like Bleed, it cannot be Converted to other Damage types. Neither can Ignite be Converted, nor Burning Ground.
How is it misleading if it describes precisely what it is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info