Blood Rage

This gem is now completely useless and unviable.

I don't even understand the point of using this when others build on shadow are easier to do than to try to subtain the frenzy charge which is kinda boring.

I'm running a Shadow CI Flicker Strike, and getting the frenzy charge is absolutely needed because I don't want to die in the middle of a mob pack because I ran out of charge.

I'm not even sure Flicker Strike will still work, I'm just gonna go on CoC Cyclone or something that everyone will do because it's the only thing that work.

Really...
Finally degeneration based on Energy Shield values \o/ \o/ \o/
This was a much needed change.
It should have stayed as chaos damage though. Somewhat unrelated; why should anyone bother with getting any chaos resist at all now? Are chaos damage monsters/affixes going to be prevalent in 2.0? RIP Amethyst Flask.

Does the buff timer only reset if you successfully gain a frenzy charge? (Instead of after each kill as sherkhan's post above seems to indicate)
If so, that MUST change.

I'm also concerned with the low chance to actually gain a frenzy charge on kill (without any beta experience); I imagine it will prove difficult to use this buff to generate any charges in/for a party.
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
Last edited by Ashen_Shugar_IV on Jul 8, 2015, 3:23:57 AM
"
Does the buff timer only reset if you successfully gain a frenzy charge?
No, it refreshes on every kill, as always.
TL;DR I'd rather have the ability to use the old bloodrage on CI than have buffed frenzy charges meanwhile can't use bloodrage at all on CI.

I never understood the notion of "we don't want CI builds to use it without downsides". bloodrage has always been the "upside" of going CI with a build, same with melee phy dmg on full life gem if you choose to go melee with CI. with the buff to max life gain per level and hp pot base value, the "fix" to how armour scraps interact with armour's defence value, and introduction of strong unique life chest armour (lightning coil, CoD etc), CI builds no longer has the seemingly 'advantage' of higher EHP. even top player like havoc mentioned on his stream that to him, any build that could be done on CI would be done better on life, or even hybrid when expansion hit live.

the last straw for CI builds( phy attack build specifically, as I'd never do any other builds with CI already on live) is bloodrage for me, which IMO balances out CI's inability to use HP pots: you can have high attack leech for free! so as long as you deal enough phy damage as attack, and position yourself well, the lack of HP pots is not a problem.

Now this change basically nails the coffin to any CI builds to me. why bother spending more currency (yes average CI gears are still way more expensive than your average life gears) only to be gimped?

oh and also, if this change goes through on live, better change the gem to strength based instead cuz there is no way any builds that span mostly on the int / dex side of tree to sustain the degen, meanwhile strength chars will have ezpz time to sustain this skills cuz of life regen / end charges.

I have always agreed / been neutral with GGG's changes since start of open beta. Yes I even semi-agreed with the heavy nerfing on bringer of rain. However, this is the first time I find the change ridiculous beyond belief.

/forum/view-thread/869543 all my builds' compilation
Please PM me on forum to inform me if I won an auction. Thank you.
Last edited by abcnever on Jul 8, 2015, 7:04:21 PM
i can see why you felt blood rage needed a change after you buffed frenzy charges, after all most builds are just gonna use frenzy charges to increase the damage they do. BUT for Flicker strike this is a huge nerf, finally after removing the biggest issue that flicker strike had (desync) u go ahead and change the source of frenzy charges which are needed for flicker to function.

maybe add a Chance to get Frenzy charge on kill with flicker strike?

honestly as much dmg as im gonna gain with the new frenzy charges id much rather have the old ones back if it meant i could keep the Frenzy on kill from blood rage.

please give Flicker Strike an increased effect of blood rage or something.

was really looking forward on doing a flicker strike build in the new league, however now that excitement i felt is gone...

I don't understand why you would buff frenzy charges (what every build likes to use to inflate their dps) and then nerf blood rage (which only flicker builds use to actually work).

Could you please explain? This seems like a direct nerf to a particular build, which wasn't overly popular, rather than a general nerf to people who were exploiting the extra damage and attack speed.
IGN: Frazetta
After playing with it on the beta, it really does confirm what I said above. People using it for extra dps will not care/notice a problem, it gives them even more dps. People who rely on frenzy charge generation will notice a huge difference. Sometimes it takes up to ten kills to generate a charge.
Why nerf flicker like this? It wasn't op or fotm. There are many flicker variants and this cripples all of them, except maybe oro's.
IGN: Frazetta
Last edited by Sicyo on Jul 9, 2015, 2:06:45 PM
How does "You lose 4% of your Maximum Life per second as Physical Damage" + same to Energy Shield interact with Chaos Inoculation? Do i lose 8% per second from my Energy Shield? Will Chaos Inoculation build be playable with Blood Rage? Other changes like new Leech already seems to make my Flicker CI Build very difficult to play and now i read Blood Rage will be nerfed as well. I think the "You lose 4% of your.." should reworked so it doesnt affect you in combat like its now because the damage is chaos at the moment. The lesser Frency Charges thing could be okay because it feels too easy to grind mobs on some lower levels (under 80) but 25% seems to be very hard. I run out of charges in some 74+ maps and 25% of Frency Charges would make Flicker useless i think. Im currently already hitting with Frenzy to get charges again. I think that Change would affect cheap builds like my build or doesnt it? The problem is i have to kill more/faster but i can't. Im level 87 and have equip worth lesser than 8 exalted i think. My dagger have 76-237 damage and 15% increased attack speed and I very need my shield to get enough Energy Shield. And another question: at the moment its a good thing to increase blood rage duration but with new changes it could kill me at some point or doesnt it?

My idea: Chaos Inoculation should get an extra attribute for Blood Rage to compensate this problem. Like "Blood Rage degeneration doesn't affect you below 50% of Energy Shield"

I think i have another good idea for the Frenzy Charge change: Increase the chance to gain a charge per level.

I dont know if I included all influence but for my situation it would be good choice. Maybe it would make endgame builds too overpowered again or something like this but i dont know. Just a suggestion.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh sorry its just theoretically for me. It's just what i thought when i read/heared new changes. I didn't tried it by myself. Just heared from some other players and followed informations posted by GGG. Now I think i should have tried it by myself to post here...
Last edited by rulorn on Jul 9, 2015, 1:38:20 PM
"
rulorn wrote:
How does "You lose 4% of your Maximum Life per second as Physical Damage" + same to Energy Shield interact with Chaos Inoculation? Do i lose 8% per second from my Energy Shield?

Of course not. Not only do you still have Life, CI also does not change any modifier based on Life.
... i had a neraly good running Shadow Flicker (without CI) i had some tough moments on 75+ maps and had to take care... but now, nearly ALL of my Skillgems got reworked ... and the result:
Flicker isnt possible anymore (no charges generated), had to socket LL to sustain a littlebit more -> less dmg -> less chance for a kill -> less chance for a charge..
i spent a lot of time for farming and trading... and now ... it seems as if all was jsut wasted time :(

i am understanding that nerfs had to be done ... but destroying a build that was not absolutly overpowered really hurts :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info