[2.0] The Samurai (2H Crit Katana Wild Striker)

Wouldn't it be better to drop faster attacks for melee physical damage on the wild strike setup?
"
Sammun wrote:
Wouldn't it be better to drop faster attacks for melee physical damage on the wild strike setup?

That only effects the initial hit, and not the elemental effects since they're considered attacks and not melee, thus they won't gain the damage so faster attacks is better. Similar to how melee splash doesn't effect the elemental attacks. WS is tricky so tooltip dps is deceiving, despite getting a much higher tooltip with MPD, your damage is actually overall lower in clear speed than FA (well except maybe for bosses, but that's why we use DoubleStrike).

I've tried to bring the most out of the ele effects with this build and that's scaling weapon/attack damage. I'd say your better off testing with something like Hypothermia with Hatred+hoI setup in place of faster attacks but I believe attacking faster to be a bit more reliable for proccing crits since as 2H the crit chance isn't that great. Which puzzles me why 1h setups don't use hypo and instead favor getting 9+ aps with a dagger that should have over 50% crit without power charges...
-[2.0] Tokyo's CoC Hybrid Damage Frostblader ---> view-thread/1401907
-[2.0] The Samurai (2H Crit Katana Wild Striker) ---> view-thread/1368690
-[2.0] Dyadus Elemental Wild Strike - Cheap and Beginner friendly! ---> view-thread/1394595
Hi!

I wanted to try the new Wild Strike build for my 3rd character on Warband league. I am around lvl50 but the build looks good enough to be lvl82 and it's also fun to play. I just wanted thank you that you write this build for us. Good luck to you all!
"
yodaHUN wrote:
Hi!

I wanted to try the new Wild Strike build for my 3rd character on Warband league. I am around lvl50 but the build looks good enough to be lvl82 and it's also fun to play. I just wanted thank you that you write this build for us. Good luck to you all!

Glad you like it! Here's hoping RNG blesses you with good drops!~
-[2.0] Dyadus Elemental Wild Strike - Cheap and Beginner friendly! ---> view-thread/1394595
since you're taking so much crit, have you tried using a cast on crit setup with this passive tree?
"
dantven wrote:
since you're taking so much crit, have you tried using a cast on crit setup with this passive tree?

Nope, I don't think 50% crit chance with charges justifies any coc build, not to mention we get almost 0 spell damage, so even if you did do coc your spells would deal poultry damage compared to an actual coc build, which usually uses a spell shield, and losing 2-3 links means damage goes down the drain, or significantly at the least.

If you wanted a cocstrike build, with a imperial skean, something like:

Wild Strike - Multistrike/faster attacks - CoC - Arc - Shock nova/Glacial cascade

6th link being life leech or faster attacks, or lightning pen, etc. skean is best due to high aps, 40% less crit chance from using golden kris is nothing compared to the .25 loss of aps. Shadow would be best though due to elemental starting path.

I am currently working on a coc or another certain trigger gem which doesn't lose too much melee damage unlike 90% of coc builds, but it isn't wild strike.
Hi, decided to give it a spin - was looking to make an Exquisite Blade build, tried to plan it for Cyclone but got a 20% Wild Strike drop xD. I am currently levelling a full evasion+life Ranger. Overall it is more or less similar to your build with the exception of Iron Reflexes (and no Vaal Pact). Hard to tell how will it go, have 190% Evasion and 190% life on the tree + Phase Acro. I could also grab Arrow Dancing, not sure about that one, what do you think? This is my first evasion character ever so i do not know what to expect.

So i am curious about what else can i use except Double Strike - maybe Frenzy? You also mentioned that you aren't using Blood Rage because of Vaal Pact, what do they have to do with each other? Anyway i am going to try Blood Rage and see what's wrong with it :) Is Wild Strike's single target that bad that we have to use another attack for it?

Also picked this up pretty cheap for the time being, and can craft either Crit Chance or Multiplier, which one would you pick?

"
r3bs wrote:
Hi, decided to give it a spin - was looking to make an Exquisite Blade build, tried to plan it for Cyclone but got a 20% Wild Strike drop xD. I am currently levelling a full evasion+life Ranger. Overall it is more or less similar to your build with the exception of Iron Reflexes (and no Vaal Pact). Hard to tell how will it go, have 190% Evasion and 190% life on the tree + Phase Acro. I could also grab Arrow Dancing, not sure about that one, what do you think? This is my first evasion character ever so i do not know what to expect.

So i am curious about what else can i use except Double Strike - maybe Frenzy? You also mentioned that you aren't using Blood Rage because of Vaal Pact, what do they have to do with each other? Anyway i am going to try Blood Rage and see what's wrong with it :) Is Wild Strike's single target that bad that we have to use another attack for it?

Also picked this up pretty cheap for the time being, and can craft either Crit Chance or Multiplier, which one would you pick?

Hey, thanks for trying something similar to it! I have no experience with eva characters so can't really comment on that, but 190% life is very nice to have. The whole blood rage vs vaal pact mostly has to do with no life regen. With no life regen, you take the full 4% degen from blood rage, so if you have near zero armour your gonna have to constantly flask and could lead to some rippy moments, I would think anyways. So I opted for BD's for frenzy generation even though again the life regen on the boots has no effect. Arrow dancing you'd have to test yourself.

Wild Strike is good enough for single target, the problem I found was mana cost, simply can't maintain mana on one mob for more than a few hits. Maybe if all your gems had 2 mana on hit, but there's not much else you'd plug into that extra 5-6link anyways. You could experiment with Frenzy, you could also give Vaal Lightning Strike a shot too, should be really powerful and mostly used on bosses, where you tag em, then run if you want and let the skill finish them off. If you can try to fit vaal haste and vaal grace in your setup, should make bosses even easier.

I would recommend crit chance for your smexy sword :) More crit you have the more you can actually dish out the deeps from multi, unfortunately there's just no way to get higher than roughly 40% crit chance without charges, most people will only get around 30%. Which is why I think rat's nest is a little better than abyssus overall even though you'd lose around 25-35k tooltip dps, which less than half of that is actually effecting wild strikes secondary effect.
Thanks for the answers :) I think i'll just use the boots instead of Blood Rage, it drains my hp quite a bit. I'll update my progress later on when i get to maps :)
Hey - Just wanted to say I'm also following your build!
Still pretty new to PoE and saw your Katana build and started a new character right away! I'm able to farm Voll Merci atm and trying to work on my gear. I was dying a lot till I read your Note about being squishy ^^
Up to 21k with my Wild Strike and slowly working on my Passives... I didn't follow your leveling guide so I'm a little behind in damage.

Any tips of what I should try to upgrade next would be appreciated! Or add me if you'd like to roll together :)

My current gear on a "Farmers" budget:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAO4DlgYgDY0PqxR1FSAWvxjbGbQj0ySLJpUppSoLKjgqTSzpLYMwfDGwNZI2PTsoPydHfkp9SshLV04qUUxVS1WFVuhW-lh1W69fsGBDYeJirGVNbIxtbG49bqpvJ2-ecFJ0oHTxdwd3131bfyuDCYTFhNmGs4cTh2qHdohbjDaaapu1nKSdqp-CpcuplKxHsAu1SLXyvTa-gL6nwOPDOspKy_XUUti93L3dDeCV45_xs_Pq
Last edited by Daishi_GD on Aug 29, 2015, 11:16:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info