[FIX] Windows 10 "Unable to initialize"

Sorry but i don't know what to do with your files, i downloaded the .zip , and inside there comes hbghelp.dll and FontMap.text,
Spoiler
wich only says : "Fontin SmallCaps" = "Verdana"
"Fontin" = "Verdana"
"OptimusPrincepsSemiBold" = "Verdana"

What else should i do? i copied them into the game's folder and nothing.
Hey,

I don't know have you already tried this that has been said in the "Common Technical Problems" topic:
"
"Error: failed to initialise"
This is usually related to the language profile of your keyboard.
Switching it to US/UK English, removing the other language profile then adding it again should fix this crash. Thanks to Enoki for this!

Also, in this thread I've explained one possible temporary solution to fix this issue:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1430748
"
Tonzzo wrote:
Hey,

I don't know have you already tried this that has been said in the "Common Technical Problems" topic:
"
"Error: failed to initialise"
This is usually related to the language profile of your keyboard.
Switching it to US/UK English, removing the other language profile then adding it again should fix this crash. Thanks to Enoki for this!

Also, in this thread I've explained one possible temporary solution to fix this issue:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1430748

I don't know if you were talking to me, but i already tried that. I'm not sure if that is my problem, the first error i got was related to some .dll files, i downloaded them, copied them into the game's folder and into SysWOW64. Then i reinstalled Visual C++, and the drivers of my GPU (i have a core i3 third generation, 4GB DDR3 ram, and integrated Intel HD 4000 [and i was able to play on win 8 and 8.1]).
I've also tried turning firewall on, and copying the files from the .zip file that is linked on this thread (copied them into the game's folder) and nothing, the error msg is 0xc000007b.
Oh, also i tried reinstalling the entire game, and copying the entire game folder from my desktop, but i want to play on my laptop as well :(

Edit: I found the fonts for this game and copied them into the Font's folder (C:Windows/Fonts) and had no problems doing it, but nothing happens :(
Last edited by SybDarret on Sep 27, 2015, 11:36:40 PM
"
SybDarret wrote:
I don't know if you were talking to me, but i already tried that. I'm not sure if that is my problem, the first error i got was related to some .dll files, i downloaded them, copied them into the game's folder and into SysWOW64. Then i reinstalled Visual C++, and the drivers of my GPU (i have a core i3 third generation, 4GB DDR3 ram, and integrated Intel HD 4000 [and i was able to play on win 8 and 8.1]).
I've also tried turning firewall on, and copying the files from the .zip file that is linked on this thread (copied them into the game's folder) and nothing, the error msg is 0xc000007b.
Oh, also i tried reinstalling the entire game, and copying the entire game folder from my desktop, but i want to play on my laptop as well :(

Edit: I found the fonts for this game and copied them into the Font's folder (C:Windows/Fonts) and had no problems doing it, but nothing happens :(

Have you tried to update DirectX? If not, download the DirectX WebInstaller from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35 and run it as administrator just in case.
Windows 10 font protection goes through Windows Firewall. If you have it disabled or stopped, fonts will fail to install or register.
If you have this service disabled, simply make it automatic and start it and the game should work. You can always disable windows Firewall from its settings, if you need to run any other software, but the service itself needs to be up and running.
Last edited by aryosgr on Nov 8, 2015, 4:53:56 AM
links offline
Can someone please fix that link
nice
Last edited by dadadums on Apr 11, 2019, 11:58:43 PM
Anyone can provide a mirror?
It's work , thx bro.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info