Poison Arrow in PvP

when i see post like this, i think we need to do a pvp starter tips thread, like this:
1.Pay attention to chaos res , 70%+ with good hp regen is a must vs PA
P.S. I know that many new players wanna do sarn fun fights or duels, but after pve most of them dont understand why he lose fight
100lvl mele pvp QUIT
Last edited by Jedi_blr on Aug 2, 2015, 1:52:11 PM
Anyone who hasnt fought LibritanniaES PA build should do so if they want to see the amount of damage PA clouds can do. Hes probably got the best gear for PA atm (though better can still be obtained)

One of my chars with 75 chaos res and 800 regen per sec still cant beat his PA char. I dont die in 3 seconds but the best I can hope for in a match is a draw. The buffs to gems and the addition of new jewel mods allows PA damage to scale really high. Add to that Chill with temp chains and youve got a hard fight ahead of you.

IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
This is starting to be boring. I didn't start playing PoE yesterday or this game is some theoretical physics.

Point is, bad equipment elemental player can't do as much damage against 44% elemental reduction as can bad equipment PA player against 44% chaos res. Chaos dmg is buffed to hell in this patch, it's ok to me, but it should be planed bit better. Well, hell, almost all bow chars playing PA in PvP.

I'm out.
44% is not good vs PA main user, and ur regen is not good too in 2.0, its like fight vs Cremma boss on 44% fire res-> instant death. If u ar not new in poe pvp why u cry about PA without max res, or u think PA is not a pvp build?
100lvl mele pvp QUIT
"
toxicm wrote:
This is starting to be boring. I didn't start playing PoE yesterday or this game is some theoretical physics.

Point is, bad equipment elemental player can't do as much damage against 44% elemental reduction as can bad equipment PA player against 44% chaos res. Chaos dmg is buffed to hell in this patch, it's ok to me, but it should be planed bit better. Well, hell, almost all bow chars playing PA in PvP.

I'm out.

Are you sure? You seem to be unaware of the most obvious stuff. Also almost all bow chars playing PA is also wrong, the ammount of crit rangers and EA is still more popular.

Aegis is generally strong in pvp, though sometimes it's about the players, pots, trees and general tactics. I am not saying you're bad although you ignore the fact that stacking chaos res will help.

If you want to PvP for real and not just stomp your friendlist you need to be more dedicated, open for improvment, talks with other with similair builds and/or knowledgeable people, invest some currency as well as learning what pots to use when and in which fight. I still think pot management is one of the most important things in PvP.
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
Last edited by Tommie_Sjukskriven on Aug 2, 2015, 3:59:19 PM
"
toxicm wrote:

I'm out.

This shows how much you know thinking that PvP is/should be copy pasted forum PvE builds, comparing chaos damage to elemental damage, and speaking to top HLD players as if you were the senior.

Bad feedback = bad balance, I hope GGG takes this into account if they are still planning on balancing PvP.
Exactly, bad feedback = bad balance, problem is that GGG taking feedback from ppl with couple mirror worth equipment whining about some other ppl with couple mirror worth equipment that can one hit them with EA or some other skill.
"
toxicm wrote:
Exactly, bad feedback = bad balance, problem is that GGG taking feedback from ppl with couple mirror worth equipment whining about some other ppl with couple mirror worth equipment that can one hit them with EA or some other skill.

You read it first right here folks. Stop using a quill rain for your EA builds since Glyph Mark is now the best EA weapon. The same goes to the boys with +3 gem level bows for PA since the weapon dps obviously is the most important stat.

Oh and we should be balancing the game around the mid tier players now instead of the top tier ones.
Last edited by A222 on Aug 3, 2015, 8:36:42 AM
"
maxed out PA deals no dmg to anyone with 800 regen and 75 chaos res while they are cursed, imo it should not be nerfed.

EA wallspam deal no dmg to my imaginary build with 200k hp and 30k regen, no reason to nerf EA wallspam dmg /s

gl to build 800 regen efective pvp char on temp league.

maybe that will surprise for someone but kaom's heart grants only 500 hp now.
Last edited by EFBBBF on Aug 3, 2015, 10:23:46 AM
"
EFBBBF wrote:
"
maxed out PA deals no dmg to anyone with 800 regen and 75 chaos res while they are cursed, imo it should not be nerfed.

EA wallspam deal no dmg to my imaginary build with 200k hp and 30k regen, no reason to nerf EA wallspam dmg /s

gl to build 800 regen efective pvp char on temp league.

maybe that will surprise for someone but kaom's heart grants only 500 hp now.

you miss my point completely, spells and attack at least deal some dmg to any build, PA is totally noneffective vs certain life specs and all CI spec, no matter how good items PA has or how good a build. Ofc it is really good vs builds that have no regen, low chas res and low hp.

items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
Last edited by missuse on Aug 3, 2015, 10:42:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info