Poison Arrow in PvP

"
toxicm wrote:
I noticed it's overtuned because I lost 3/4 of my HP by 1 hit from level 82 archer with 4L PA. I killed him with two Leap slams. Then I switched to chaos resistance gear and ask him to hit me again, I died in 3 seconds with 44 chaos resistance and 443 regeneration. With dual curse setup and mirrored bow it's under 1 second death from chaos dot.

I don't have idea who Mulla is, and this was his answer:
"
MullaXul wrote:
No, they need to address ea.

3 seconds with 44 chaos res. get 75 and you can last longer than 3 seconds which is enough time to get out of the cloud range and kill him. Get a warding flask and ignore curses for the duration of the flask (6 seconds). You two shot him with leap slam but made no post saying "leap slam is overtuned". It takes you less than 2 ex to fully counter that poison arrow whereas he probably needs more to get an upgrade that'll make him win vs your dueler.

PvP isnt about build vs build or high dps = default win. You can have an insane low life 1m dps build but still lose since you're paper as fuck and you're gonna be casting so much auras your enemy will be on you before you're ready. PA has so much counters already that you can do reasonably cheaply and it doesnt scale as much as other builds. You don't need a mirrored bow since PA isnt about bow dps but +3 gem levels and leo damage over time mod, which doesnt need fucking 6 tier 1 mods et/ex. Put an absolute BiS PA user vs a BiS 2h cyclone user and all the cycloner needs to do is wear 2 mings, quicksilver of wardings and the PA guy cant do shit anymore. Also CI.
"
toxicm wrote:
I noticed it's overtuned because I lost 3/4 of my HP by 1 hit from level 82 archer with 4L PA. I killed him with two Leap slams. Then I switched to chaos resistance gear and ask him to hit me again, I died in 3 seconds with 44 chaos resistance and 443 regeneration. With dual curse setup and mirrored bow it's under 1 second death from chaos dot.

"
MullaXul wrote:

they lie, mulla is PA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Btw you said rangers are easily countered, wanna duel my troll ranger? :-)

oh and also, mirrored pa bows =O
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
Last edited by Tommie_Sjukskriven on Aug 1, 2015, 4:36:38 PM
"
A222 wrote:
"
toxicm wrote:

"
MullaXul wrote:

3 seconds with 44 chaos res. get 75 and you can last longer than 3 seconds which is enough time to get out of the cloud range and kill him. Get a warding flask and ignore curses for the duration of the flask (6 seconds). You two shot him with leap slam but made no post saying "leap slam is overtuned". It takes you less than 2 ex to fully counter that poison arrow whereas he probably needs more to get an upgrade that'll make him win vs your dueler.

PvP isnt about build vs build or high dps = default win. You can have an insane low life 1m dps build but still lose since you're paper as fuck and you're gonna be casting so much auras your enemy will be on you before you're ready. PA has so much counters already that you can do reasonably cheaply and it doesnt scale as much as other builds. You don't need a mirrored bow since PA isnt about bow dps but +3 gem levels and leo damage over time mod, which doesnt need fucking 6 tier 1 mods et/ex. Put an absolute BiS PA user vs a BiS 2h cyclone user and all the cycloner needs to do is wear 2 mings, quicksilver of wardings and the PA guy cant do shit anymore. Also CI.

Hell not even Ming's, why sacrifice the life or ES to counter it? Most people now a day should be pushing near capped Chaos resists knowing the threat of Added Chaos,Ming's,Atziri's and other Chaos conversions that aren't degens but straight up unmitigated damage buffs vs ppl that ignore Chaos resists thinking its worthless. PA got buffed significantly this past patch but I feel it was warranted, its now a gear check for you and if you aren't surviving it..re assess your gear. Just look at the skill, look at how it works it's not on the same level as EA wall/arena rape-age or 1hit kill crit. It's a very honest skill imo, stronger then before...still honest. Is it as brain dead to just cloud the arena as it is to wall spam everything in sight as EA? Sure, but the bottom line is PA is in no way a 1 size fits all BiS skill gem you can dominate PvP ladders with.

A222 pretty much nailed it with everything he said.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
which is enough time to get out of the cloud range

What are you talking about? get out to where? do you mean login screen?
PA duration is 10-15 sec, and only 2-3 sec needed to cover whole 1v1 arena with clouds (except barracks one)
facing PA on 1v1 now require specific build to counter it. 2x ming's + flasks is not enough. IMO that is the main problem.
I feel like it's time to release +8 max chaos res shield.
Last edited by EFBBBF on Aug 1, 2015, 4:46:42 PM
"
EFBBBF wrote:
"
which is enough time to get out of the cloud range

What are you talking about? get out to where? do you mean login screen?
PA duration is 10-15 sec, and only 2-3 sec needed to cover whole 1v1 arena with clouds (except barracks one)
facing PA on 1v1 now require specific build to counter it. IMO that is the main problem.
I feel like it's time to release +8 max chaos res shield.

Chaos resists could be a tiny bit easier to get, I agree there. Cloud duration or range reductions would be good adjustments to the skill before messing with its damage.

Edit: The buff to Slower Projectiles was the biggest one IMO. New Concentrated effect really butchers ranges but people can often just ignore it now in favor of Slower Projectiles + Pierce/Drill neck. Removing the interaction between Pierce/Drill neck from PA would also be a decent idea. If there is 1 skill where it doesn't make sense its this one.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Aug 1, 2015, 4:52:54 PM
@A222
You don't even read. It was low level character with crap equipment (I was able to kill him in 2 leap slams means that he had crap equipment) and still able to kill high level character with ok equipment in 3 seconds. And all that with 4L PA. And I know what warding flask is.

I didn't have 75% chaos resistance, I had 44%, but I don't see how it can help me against better equipped players. I might die in 2 second rather in 1. Still pretty much fast dead.

@Tommie boy
After your posts about killing uber Atziri with your 2H axe marauder, but without any proof cuz you don't need any proof, do you really think someone will take you for serious? Go play in sand.
EA is way more broken than PA.
With enough regen and Ms you can escape the clouds and comeback at melee distance before you die.

If you die in 3 sec from the cloud, seem to me your regen+Ms is quite low. Probably because you are used to tank so no need to be quick and escape?

True some now get 100k pa tool type but generally I seen those strong PA users have 0 defences and run away a lot, sometime they even forget to get chaos resist themselves!

Even the most tanky Pa user can get owned if you flicker at the right moment. True those shit mirror arrow and other teleporting skills are unfair vs melee but if you meet someone that just like to run away, do the same to them.

Unlike EA, you can use Ming and other chaos res item and survive burst of PA. With EA you need to switch gear to get defences and then swap back to damage them. At least vs pa you can keep your offensive gear vs them.

Also you play EAGIS and complain about PA. AEGIS block build are pure trolls. Boring gameplay, no real brain used, just tank and don t move, and if you see your block don t work it s all QQ and ragequit.

If you critic PA for being op then you should also admit a 20ex shield and 1 ex amu+boot tanking almost everything is more broken than weak pa users.

I doubt you can tank a good EA btw, if you ever meet Mies in sarn try to tank his EA with aegis.

The fact you have no idea who is Mullaxull or how you talk about Tommi being a fraud is also a sign.

Pa is killing you and you QQ about it, but EA "don t" and you say it s ok. Do you want balance for everyone or just for your build? Then let s also nerf block, with jewels it became stronger than ever.

I would say anything that 1 shot players should be balanced. Pa should be nerfed but EA 1 shot more people around than PA, so it need to be looked at first.

ps: if your PVP toon is this level 92 Aegis marauder, you might want to take those chaos res nods around the Templar area and see if low level Pa still hurt that much.Have you tried to tank an elem attack with only 44% res? same with PA. I have feeling your problem is you are to much in confort zone because of being full block and forget 44% of any elem even chaos mean death in pvp.
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Aug 2, 2015, 9:39:37 AM
It's not comfort zone. I'm dieing a lot with Aegis, you just need block reduction gem. There are maybe players with high dps EA that can 1 hit anything but I never saw them. I'm playing PvP only for Leo missions and even that is hard to get if not 1 vs 1. I'm not QQ-ing about anything, this is feedback. There are much more harder to kill players that can 1-2 hit me and I didn't said anything about them. It's completely different problem.

It's not problem to escape in PvP from anything, but what is the point of just running around? PA is, IMO, more broken than EA. Only some EA players with very good equipment are problematic, but with PA, it's almost everyone with bow. I don't get obliterated from every elemental player with 44% of that elemental resistance and chaos res is not that easy to obtain.

Why should I know who Mulla (or any other player) is? Not interested in them, so no need to know. And about Tommie, just read his post in uber Atziri killers theme. Don't know the right name but you can found it. It's complete fraud, probably some 12 years old kid. That's I'm sure about.

P.S. You all hating here because my opinion of your private profiles. Your choice, my opinion, no hard feelings.
maxed out PA deals no dmg to anyone with 800 regen and 75 chaos res while they are cursed, imo it should not be nerfed.

whining about a skill while u haven't even capped res is a bit... well I don't know how to call that.
items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
No, we're hating coz your feedback is bad and if such feedback is taken by GGG even after being disproved by the top HLD players then PvP will further go down the drain.

You have a skewed idea of how PA works, thinking mirrored-tier bows contribute to the damage, thinking 44 chaos res is enough when getting getting 75 literally means 31 LESS damage since there isnt chaos pen, and thinking the build itself has a high power ceiling by implying better geared people have way more damage. PA comes online fairly easily and fairly cheaply, but damage boosting steroids are far and few near the top. Certainly not comparable to the power ceiling of a build that relies on a mirrored weapon for example or crit. You also have a skewed idea of PvP evidenced by how you judge the OPness of something by standing and tanking and recording how fast you die.

I can also make a glass cannon trapper/miner that can probably one shot you (an example of which was done by GreenDude last season) but that doesn't mean I'm unbeatable now since you can use range + avoid and destroy my mined areas while I get one shot since im a glass cannon. There are different aspects as to why some builds can be called OP. Take EA for instance. It's OP vs melee since EA can face a wall and shoot into it for repeated explosions that just demolish all but the most defensive builds. EA and PA work on the same "scaled by gem levels for damage" principle, but at this stage EA is like PA, but imagine clouds stacking on top of each other all surrounding the archer with each cloud doing considerable damage. That is why your feedback towards PA seems shallow and unreasonable. It's also not as if PA is dominating the leaderboards the same way EA is. We shouldn't be calling for nerfs on builds that are viable, since in a perfect scenario you should be able to be beat and be beaten by every build.

I don't even HLD but when the LLD seasons were in their spotlight GGG made such terrible balance desicions I remember how it felt to be a participant. People who whine about skills being broken without good proof and reasoning are the reason PvP is so shit, and if GGG only make an effort to work with the PvP community then we'd probably be in a way better place than where we are now.
Last edited by A222 on Aug 2, 2015, 1:42:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info