Curse On Hit Mechanic Issue

"
VagrantNomad wrote:
"
Yggdrasil_57 wrote:
Like enveratise says.

You have to shatter a frozen ennemi to trigger the CoH gem, and it will only curse mobs in the radius of the HoI onkill effect.

I am well aware of that interaction. I just want to make sure this is not broken - once I get to maps it will be much more apparent due to the density...I just wanted to know if someone uses this regularly in order to go ahead and start practicing and leveling gems.

The most important change in map is the monsters's life pool. The more life they get, the more is difficult to freeze them. So you can have some difficulties applying your curse if your cold damage is not high enough.
I use HoI + Ice Bite combo, and my actually lvl18 Ice Bite (57% chance to gain a Frenzy Charge on Killing a Frozen Enemy) provides me a good amount of frenzy charges. Often 1 or 2 charges per pack of white mobs, sometimes 0, sometimes 3~4. So I guess it should be OK with CoH and its 100% chance to proc.

Or perhaps your HoI onkill effect is actually too powerful and you instantly kill near ennemis with it ? In that case I'm not sure Assassin's mark is applied.

"
f4sak3n wrote:
I do know that for a while there was a bug where HoI's triggered cold explosions did not apply curses the same way in which HoT's lightning bolts did. This was a known issue/bug which was acknowledged by the devs. I had assumed that it would have been addressed by now but perhaps it hasn't and this is the reason why you are not finding success.

I'm pretty sure this bug was fixed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info