Curse On Hit Mechanic Issue

ty
Last edited by VagrantNomad on Jun 26, 2019, 2:45:38 AM
There's no reason that wouldn't work short of you never proccing the explosion. If you definitely are and nothing's getting cursed, that's a bug. Are you capable of recording video?

(The one thing I would note is that Assassin's Mark doesn't do very well at generating charges, I would be looking at mobs' heads to see if the curse icon appears instead.)
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
A while back (like, the patch in which Heralds were introduced) I tried something similar and it didn't work either. I think the difference between Herald of Ice and Herald of Thunder is that HoI is secondary damage whereas HoT isn't. Secondary damage is really wonky in that a lot of things that you'd think would work doesn't.

Things might have changed since then though, and the issue you're having might be something else entirely.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
I use it just fine currently on my dual curse caster. HoI - COH - Warlords - Poachers. I can easily sustain frenzy and endurance charges.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
ty
Last edited by VagrantNomad on Jun 26, 2019, 2:45:48 AM
Are you absolutely sure that HoI triggers? I mean, linking a CoH setup to it will only curse the mobs within the radius of the HoI explosion(meaning when you kill a frozen enemy). if you're using something like RT or you're unable to freeze enemies consistently due to lack of damage dealt with crits, then HoI won't consistently trigger and it won't work as well.

"

Having all these linked will cause my normal attacks (in this case Reave) to trigger the curse on cold detonating enemies.

In case you think that the added damage that HoI and Hatred gives your other attacks (or spells) CoH, it doesn't. it only gives you the cold damage necessary to freeze and thus trigger HoI, which in turn is the one doing the cursing.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
Like enveratise says.

You have to shatter a frozen ennemi to trigger the CoH gem, and it will only curse mobs in the radius of the HoI onkill effect.
I do know that for a while there was a bug where HoI's triggered cold explosions did not apply curses the same way in which HoT's lightning bolts did. This was a known issue/bug which was acknowledged by the devs. I had assumed that it would have been addressed by now but perhaps it hasn't and this is the reason why you are not finding success.
ty
Last edited by VagrantNomad on Jun 26, 2019, 2:46:21 AM
Okay, So are you getting power charges, but you can't keep them up for long? or do you don't get them at all?

if it's the latter, check with what viperesque says if the curse marker appears. if not, that's a bug.

if it's the former, well... you'd have to look for a better way to get charges then.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info