What's the selling point for going pure evasion?

"
"
sidtherat wrote:

and your PERSONAL experience? because that lvl 57 char you have surely did not experience the top end content. people love to formulate strong opinions on subject they 'feel' strongly about yet they have no personal experience whatsoever

Why do you assume it's a strong opinion? It's a single sentence post. It only amounts to the "Huh, that's odd" that one might say to themselves if they saw someone dressed as Santa in July.

because it takes a lot of 'balls' to speak in oneliners about subject one has no personal experience whatsoever. but it seems to be the new 'internet meta'
This wouldn't be so bad if 5-link lightning coils weren't going for 8ex.
Screw that.
"
shaunus wrote:
Screw that.

Well, when there is only one endgame chest piece for any build, I think that speaks volumes about the current game "balance" by itself, regardless of said chest piece's accessibility :)
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Immortal call works great if you got endurance charges. I use warlords to generate (there are other ways). CWDT setup works same as before.

Here is example. I'm also evasion. 40% dodge 46% spell dodge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEeQ1L04NR8&t=4m43s

I tried to use CWDT+IC on my 7EC Marauder and it did not work well. I could not justify losing 7 ECs for 5-6 seconds of physical immunity. I use 2 warcries, EC and RC, which means they are almost always on cooldown. If CWDT pops while my EC is on CD, I might not be able to get my EC charges back before IC expires (and no way to get back 7 charges while fighting bosses without adds).

I can see some use for manual casting of IC for fights like Atziri trio. CWDT maybe at very high levels as a last moment saving grace but mid-level CWDT + IC did not work for me.
you can get 2k armour with 14 k evasion which is %52 evade on my level 93. and you can get %40 dodge + %46 dodge spells.

+ lightning coil if you can

+ AA

+ granite flask

+ armour on your belt

+ immortal call

+ endurance charges.

SO PLEASE LEARN HOW TO PLAY.
My_Bloody_Valentine
Last edited by Rangers on Jul 31, 2015, 5:32:42 AM
"
shaunus wrote:
Screw that.

Did they up the rarity tier of Lightning Coils?
Cloak of Defiance was going for 1 exalt towards the end of Bloodlines.

If the intention was to make Coil as elusive as Shavs, then hey, good job. I was tired of the one-size-fits-all Cloak of Defiance meta. I don't care to see the same thing all over again with Coil.
The problem with evasion has always been it's spikey nature.
in 2.0 the spikes have become too big.
honestly if in instead of dubbel damage mobs would just hit you twice as often
evasion would be just fine.
Last edited by SjakaWaka on Jul 31, 2015, 6:30:23 AM
"
"
shaunus wrote:
Screw that.

Did they up the rarity tier of Lightning Coils?
Cloak of Defiance was going for 1 exalt towards the end of Bloodlines.

If the intention was to make Coil as elusive as Shavs, then hey, good job. I was tired of the one-size-fits-all Cloak of Defiance meta. I don't care to see the same thing all over again with Coil.

They did. Let's also have a look at the meta before and after 2.0:

before - everyone wants cloak, lightning coil, belly of the beast, carcass jack, shavs, kaom's. All but Kaom's and Shavs are easily affordable, Kaom's is a bit expensive but within reason, Shavs is an endgame luxury.

after - everyone wants coil. Cloak is useless. Other chest pieces are subpar. Coils are rare and difficult to obtain.

How exactly is this a step in the right direction?
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jul 31, 2015, 6:35:00 AM
"
Bars wrote:
How exactly is this a step in the right direction?

And now it's just in the rarity tier of things like Shavs and Mjolner. Because let's be honest, it needs to be that rare to begin with because of how stupidly min-maxed it is. You can neuter Cloak of Defiance by targeting EB. But there just isn't an easy mechanical way to do that for Coil. I think it'll make players improvise around what they have, not around the best-case scenario.

I'm sure they can just make it legacy, but that's never proven popular.

The silver-lining to evasion falling out of favor is that Queen of the Forest is stupidly cheap now. I picked up a ~2k eva chest for a fusing and 6s 1,6k evasion chest for 4 chaos.
Last edited by DeviantLightning on Jul 31, 2015, 7:15:29 AM
Evasion is baller along with block and dodge. If you Evade, block and dodge attacks, and pop a granite flask in silly situations, you are GOOD TO GO man.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info