{2.0} Budget Tempest Dagger Reave

"
Siza1337 wrote:
@OP, May i ask what your tooltip is with charges up? I did a similar build and i am sitting at 58k with 5 power and 3 frenzy charges. Finishing lifenodes on tree and then grabbing additional frenzy charges.

Tree:
"
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAAF4FLQW1Bx4NjQ3RDkgRlhUgFr8Zjhm0I_Yk_SaVKgss4S2DLlMvzDBxMHw2PTfUOkJHBkd-SVFKfUt4TZJRR1VLXfJh4mKsYuxjQ2VNZ6BqjGyMbWxwUnBWcNV07XrvfXV944TZhO-HdonTjAuMNo19jb-QG5UumhOdqqLZo4qmf6xmsNixs7VItoq5Prl8vTa-p8GCyBTTb9N-1CPYdtrB29TdqOOf51TndOjW7LDtP-1B7g7vevDV8uHz6vVv9qP8xf66_94=?accountName=Siza1337&characterName=CI_aint_dead

Gear:

I was sitting at 34k or so tooltip, in reality it is quite a bit more with the dual weilding bug. No abyssus is the biggest difference, it is great for damage but straight up bad for Tempest/hardcore. You will die.
"
heybrah wrote:
Hey i am pretty new to this game and i wanna build a reave using your guide but i have some questions :
-is your guide good for a beginner with no currency and a few knowledge about this game ?
-what weapons should i use for leveling up and for what stats should i look for
-as far as i see that death's hand is a pretty expensive weapon and it's nearly impossible to get it for a newbie so what do u suggest replacing it with
-for early leveling what weapons should i get ? bcs i see that all the gear u mentioned are 60+...; and should i focus getting items with more armor or evasion or an equilibrum between them? .
I asked those questions because this build seems to give players a lot of fun playing..
Ty and good luck

Once you get rolling level 60+ I feel like this build is very fun and straightforward, but the fact is that it is a one-handed build makes it more challenging for newer players. Two-hand melee builds are generally more robust as far as being more tanky and ease of learning; if it is your first time playing the game, I would probably recommend something like ground slam/cyclone/sweep. What this build offers is a faster pace when you get to maps (both movement speed and dps). With no currency, this is definitely viable, instead of death's hand, get a relentless fury. Don't dual wield two daggers, seen a few people make this mistake so far. There are not a lot of leveling uniques I would recommend other than the standard goldrim for defense. As far as stats on gear, the priority when leveling is 1) making sure your resistances are high enough (50+) for cruel onwards and 2) life on gear. Any extra armor or evasion you can get is always good, but that isn't your priority. This ends up being an evasion-based character, but don't feel limited to only stick to evasion gear while leveling. Use whatever upgrades you can satisfy the priorities. Sorry for the delayed response, I haven't been on as much lately. Good luck with Path!

edit: Didn't see the previous response to your comment. 6am6p touches on a couple points spot on and a couple I would disagree with. I consider getting this build going cheap and gear independent. This build does NOT require "hundreds of chaos" to get going. Despite the gear I have in my post being nice, that is not what I used for a large portion of mapping. Getting going on the character into maps really only requires having a decent dagger. Other than that, life + resists on your gear is relatively cheap, especially at this point in the league. I had no good unique drops, and did not magic find. A lot of wealth will simply come from play time. You will find more items to sell the more you play, and understand the market better to try to get good deals on gear or what has the potential to sell.
Last edited by theDeliveryMan on Sep 5, 2015, 11:16:35 PM
I'm sorry for disinformation. It was just my personal feeling of build. I'm 70 lvl now and have 11k dps with 2 daggers. With Relentless Fury it is only 6k, even less than with only 1 dagger. Is it tooltip bug and it count as 0 dps for second arm or what? I can understand using 300 dps hammer or axe, but sacrificing 50% dps for onslaught?
ps. Market understanding also important part. I recently sold Andvarius with medium roll for 30 chaos, cause i thought 1 ex = 25 chaos :D Can any1 explain me why exalted so expensive now? They reduce drop chance?

/added/
Holy shit! I tried Fury and dps now feels like tripled despite half lowered by tooltip.
Last edited by 6am6p on Sep 6, 2015, 9:11:22 AM
well ty for your answers guys,so from i've read i need some currency in order to make this build work right?or it's possible to start from scratch and later on farm and get good stuff?,i mean is this build very reliant on good stuff? or i can do decent with what i can afford :D. Ty
"
heybrah wrote:
well ty for your answers guys,so from i've read i need some currency in order to make this build work right?or it's possible to start from scratch and later on farm and get good stuff?,i mean is this build very reliant on good stuff? or i can do decent with what i can afford :D. Ty

Buy cheap dagger with 200+ pdps. Other stuff you can find. Just make sure your resistances close to 75% and you have a lot of life. And again - game starts at 50-60 lvls. Don't worry about currency before this, just level up and learn.
Last edited by 6am6p on Sep 6, 2015, 12:29:30 PM
meh i am not worried and i got it,till lvl 60 or so i shouldnt invest in nothing but i was just curious if i could play at lvl ~60-65 with basic stuff grinding for a better stuff. :D
Sure you could. I am invested about 10 chaos and feel pretty cool on map level 68-71.
"
heybrah wrote:
Hey i am pretty new to this game and i wanna build a reave using your guide but i have some questions :

-is your guide good for a beginner with no currency and a few knowledge about this game ?

For reference, I went with this build with zero currency (first character in Tempest). I'm only 69, but it's been pretty smooth sailing other than lugging around a mana pot when my physical damage was lower. Nothing special, but here's my gear at the moment:

(incomplete of course, please ignore some of the funkier gem (non-)combinations)

price reference:
Body Armor ... 5 chaos
Claw ... 5 chaos
everything else ... ~1 chaos or less or self-found

"
-what weapons should i use for leveling up and for what stats should i look for

I know this is a dagger build, but I've been going with LGOH (life gain on hit) claws most of the time for added safety until I can find a really good dagger. Here are some weapons that carried me through Normal and Cruel:

"
-as far as i see that death's hand is a pretty expensive weapon and it's nearly impossible to get it for a newbie so what do u suggest replacing it with

I'm using Relentless Fury right now as others have suggested. Also, it's not a weapon per se, but I used Dual Strike for a while as a single-target skill.

"
-for early leveling what weapons should i get ? bcs i see that all the gear u mentioned are 60+...; and should i focus getting items with more armor or evasion or an equilibrum between them? .

I think you kinda asked this already above, so I'll add some other suggestions that might make your life easier. Save up your Orbs of Alteration (and higher currency of course) to fund your initial upgrades as they are both easy to get for your first character and in-demand in the market. Familiarize yourself with poe.trade. Search for stuff that fulfills what you need (life, missing resists, etc.). Sort by buyout price and be smart with your currency. You shouldn't need to spend more than 5-15 alts per item usually if you stay within your needs.

Some other good and relatively cheap items that might help you during your journey:

Some things you should avoid for now:
- attempting to fuse a 5 or 6-link
- attempting to roll 6 sockets on your armor (even 5 can be an iffy proposition)
- going toe-to-toe with heavy hitters on HC (basically Kole; Brutus is fine though depending on your gear)

I don't think it makes too much difference whether you focus on eva, armor, or a hybrid during the early levels. If you're playing HC, focus on defense first (life, resists, etc.), level yourself above the content if necessary, pay attention to monster mods, and you should be fine. If you're playing Standard, just go nuts; it's a great environment to experiment and have fun.

Good luck!

On a different topic, how does everybody feel about Relentless Fury? I'm having doubts about it against bosses that don't spawn adds for you to proc Onslaught.
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Sep 6, 2015, 1:33:51 PM
A BIG TY FOR YOUR EFFORT, and i mean it ty :D i understand what i have to do and to do it :P
Happy to help :)
And thanks to the OP for posting the build.
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info