{2.0} Budget Tempest Dagger Reave

"
Damages17 wrote:
Hey, I'm currently leveling with the Ranger variation of your build and I'm having mana issues. I see you don't even use a mana potion or have any mana leech yet I'm assuming you have no issues. What's your trick? I'm level 39 and everything seems to be going really well but the mana issue is restricting me. Are you running a mana Jewel?

zenimxmoo already responded, but I just wanted to add that for late game mapping, with enfeeble + monster phys reduction + endurance charges etc., getting mana gained on hit jewels would be very useful. So far I have a combo of these mods and been fine, but I can see it being an issue depending on your dagger.
"
MaSterX_BG wrote:
Hi,

I'm rolling your build in tempest. Will try to report my progress here if I don't RIP soon.
For the moment going mainly for HP nodes.

Started Reaving at level 12 and the damage is pretty good. I find it hard to keep my stacks but thats not really an issue.

And I think will have to break my habbit of jumping right in the middle of big packs :D

Using reave over cleave is super viable now that it only takes 4 stacks to max out the aoe, great change for 2.0. Once you get multistrike is becomes even better. Whirling blades with the attack speed of dual wielding is definitely fun :D
dodge vs Iron Reflex, which one to take? and why?

I c you r taking Dodge, why not IR and Block

Thank you
"
vantex wrote:
dodge vs Iron Reflex, which one to take? and why?

I c you r taking Dodge, why not IR and Block

Thank you

Dodge + evasion is easier form of defense to obtain on the right side of the skill tree. Going crit with all the nodes I want to take and filling in the life necessary leaves no room for block. There are block nodes on the shadow/ranger side of the tree, but I don't think it is worth going just halfway on block. If you are only hitting 50% block, it is simply an poor use of points on almost any tree. IR is something I though about, but then I would want to run Grace, and it would really change the build. Physical mitigation of my build at the moment is is AA + 3 endurance charges, and immortal call for just under 3 seconds when I get hit. Along with that I have just over 30% evasion, 46% dodge, and 30% spell dodge.

My take on how you I would run if I went armor with crit dagger: use soul taker offhand with Herald of Ash + Grace + Arctic Armor and take IR. Use a nice rare chest or a Coil if you are rich, don't use Daresso's. Maintain endurance charges manually with enduring cry and don't use CWDT - IC. Take the endurance charge in merc instead of the power charge as well as the dualist charge. And actually if you have a coil, Grace would probably be less necessary, I would go back to using Hatred + AA and the Death's Hand.
Last edited by theDeliveryMan on Aug 5, 2015, 5:17:08 PM
Currently level 60 and it's going pretty well. Just curious, is Death's Hand the only Power Charge generater we use? It's the only one I can see on your posted set up, unless I'm missing something. And how does Death's Hand generate Power Charges? Is there a 'mini stun' that occurs when you crit?
How would you go about getting power charges without Death's hand? Just pop in a power charge on crit instead of increased aoe?
"
Damages17 wrote:
Currently level 60 and it's going pretty well. Just curious, is Death's Hand the only Power Charge generater we use? It's the only one I can see on your posted set up, unless I'm missing something. And how does Death's Hand generate Power Charges? Is there a 'mini stun' that occurs when you crit?

"
Ginnryu wrote:
How would you go about getting power charges without Death's hand? Just pop in a power charge on crit instead of increased aoe?

Yea, before I ran Death's Hand I was indeed running PCoC instead of Increased AoE. I'll update the main post. As far as the stuns mechanic in PoE, every time you hit a mob, you have a chance to stun it. If you do low damage, you have a lot less chance to stun, but the higher percentage of the mobs life you do in damage, the higher chance you have to stun.
"
Yea, before I ran Death's Hand I was indeed running PCoC instead of Increased AoE. I'll update the main post. As far as the stuns mechanic in PoE, every time you hit a mob, you have a chance to stun it. If you do low damage, you have a lot less chance to stun, but the higher percentage of the mobs life you do in damage, the higher chance you have to stun.

Ahhh alright that makes sense. So, before I could pick up a Death's Hand I actually found a Soul Taker. Now in your guide you have Death's Hand as BiS, but you also recommend Soul Taker for higher level maps and if you're willing to invest in it. Since I have one now, should I just stick with it? Or would a Death's Hand still be the better option?
Last edited by Damages17 on Aug 10, 2015, 6:09:31 AM
"
Damages17 wrote:
"

Ahhh alright that makes sense. So, before I could pick up a Death's Hand I actually found a Soul Taker. Now in your guide you have Death's Hand as BiS, but you also recommend Soul Taker for higher level maps and if you're willing to invest in it. Since I have one now, should I just stick with it? Or would a Death's Hand still be the better option?

Death's Hand is definitely better. Soul Taker is nice to have as an option for no regen maps and other late game maps with phys reduction mods, but it really isn't necessary.
What is your opinion on Bino's with this build? Would it be better to just get a high pDPS dagger instead?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info