[2.5 Video Guide] Beginners "End-Game-Viable" Tanky Cyclone Build

"
Marysvillain wrote:
Just curious, once you have reached sufficient armor to reach 90% Dmg reduction is any armor beyond that just a waste? Or is there a benfefit to having more armor even when your damage reduce has reached 90%?

How do you even reach 90% dmg reduction?
"
anvilgod wrote:
"
Marysvillain wrote:
Just curious, once you have reached sufficient armor to reach 90% Dmg reduction is any armor beyond that just a waste? Or is there a benfefit to having more armor even when your damage reduce has reached 90%?

I was referring to physical damage reduction which I had failed to mention originally and its not full time. Fully buffed with (3)endurance charges, fortify(which im not sure if it effects the paper damage reduction) and granite flask up i hit somewhere around 25k armour at level 65 which nets me 90% damage reduction. My original question was because I had taken iron reflexes to use with a jade flask which puts me above 50k armour but still 90% damage reduction. Having noticed i am hitting 90% without the jade/iron reflex combination I was wondering if it was pointless and if I could remove 3 points and spend elsewhere.
Last edited by Marysvillain on Dec 16, 2015, 2:04:57 AM
Hey, Just wanted to ask what gems and things I needed.

If anyone could list the gems so I can begin to level them, then that would be great, thanks.
i'm never playing a caster again... ever

"
GGZII wrote:
Hey, Just wanted to ask what gems and things I needed.

If anyone could list the gems so I can begin to level them, then that would be great, thanks.

dude just reade the first page... is all there, literally
"
Marysvillain wrote:
"
anvilgod wrote:
"
Marysvillain wrote:

I was referring to physical damage reduction which I had failed to mention originally and its not full time. Fully buffed with (3)endurance charges, fortify(which im not sure if it effects the paper damage reduction) and granite flask up i hit somewhere around 25k armour at level 65 which nets me 90% damage reduction. My original question was because I had taken iron reflexes to use with a jade flask which puts me above 50k armour but still 90% damage reduction. Having noticed i am hitting 90% without the jade/iron reflex combination I was wondering if it was pointless and if I could remove 3 points and spend elsewhere.

you could, but the damage reduction is calculated based on the level of content you're playing on, so the higher the map the lower the value will be, and if i remember correctly, represent the value of phys reduction for white mobs only, rares and boses will bypass that value, and heavy hit atacks (bears, giant skeletons and so on) inherently pierce part of the armour, i dont remember the correct amount, but just keep stacking that shit
Hey, got 3 more questions:) :

1. Is 5th link fire damage better than faster attacks?

2. is it worth master crafting weapon elemental dmg on belt?

3. what stats do you recommend for jewels besided increased % damage and increased % life ?
Last edited by anvilgod on Dec 17, 2015, 1:20:35 PM
"
anvilgod wrote:

3. what stats do you recommend for jewels besided increased % damage and increased % life ?

1. No.

2. No.

3. Attack speed is great as well!
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
This build is really fun, this is my first char in this game and I find it really easy to master.
LvL 79 so far!

Thanks for your detailed guide, I think I will try out your ballista styled scion now :D
"
"
anvilgod wrote:

1. No.

2. No.

3. Attack speed is great as well!

But in your original post, you wrote this: "1: Cyclone, Melee Physical Damage, Fortify, Blood Magic, Added Fire Damage (5-link), Faster Attacks/LGoH (6-link)"

and Added Fire Damage is listed as 5th gem for a 5-link. I'm confused... :/
Im level 38 and having issues, like 2 spins and Im out of mana, any ideas?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info