Global chat spamming RMT websites

RMT is not a phenomenon specific to PoE. It happened in Diablo II (which, by the way, wasn't free), and in many other games. It is unrealistic to think that GGG could stop this phenomenon on their game where bigger companies have failed to without making huge sacrifices the players will not be content with.

And for the potential morons that may come here that think RMT is fine for them for whatever reason, I'll just remind you that if these guys get the chance to profit by screwing you, they won't hesitate. These guys not only breach the terms of use of the game, but they most of all steal players' accounts and ingame items by all means available, including using your stupidity to get your account, and using viruses that come with the "free" hacks.
GGG isn't responsible for RMT.
Players are.

Only way except what GGG already made to avoid that " phenomenon " ? Education of players there are none others.

International law ? Dream on
Additional security layer on subscribe ? dream on
Education ? can work.

As soon there is a demand there are sellers. Thats the way it work. Frustrated players in any game involving farming are creating this demand without even knowing it.
Hf :)
At the end of the day, global chat is cancer and should be avoided. I dont think I've had global chat open in the last year, instead preferring guild chat (also quite cancerous). The only time global chat gets opened is when a rip message appears and even then it's purely to observe the chimpout that follows.
Put a 3 level limit on global. You have to kill hillock, enter Lionseye and get to level 3 before you can use global chat. It takes a new player 5 mins to do this and there's no quick easy way for a spammer to do this without investing time. It wont stop it, but it will slow it.

Until then, trading board when? Not forum, but trading post for wanted ads similar to the social tab that is universal across difficulties. Leave trade chat as is, but a trading post so people can sell and trade currency.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info