Global chat spamming RMT websites

"
Dan_GGG wrote:
"
VomitChrist wrote:
Thats the thing, they hit and run. They create a character that has a name of random letters, spam a site for a straight up 3 seconds and then are gone. There is nothing to report because it's a throw away character that I am sure is using some type of proxy. These aint players who are doing this.

It would be a circle jerk of Wack A Mole if you tried to do this player at a time...

Oh, right. Yeah, that would be support getting to them, not them running away. Player reports do improve that response time though.

Oh I always figured it was them logging off real quick....regardless I always report just in case (maybe they can log IP's or what not)
GGG SHOULD REALLY MAKE LEVEL 10 requirement to chat👌 Seeing these spams more and more makes me sick, knowing GGG Cant handle that amount any other way.

GGG DOO EEEET
No Problem,
Exile
Can't wait for biometrics to become mainstream.

FUN THING TO DO ! when i used to report spammers regularly the last time they were aroundin force id write a small part of my epic to support in the report : Sherlock hillock saves the day. A wraeclastian/steampunk comedy . im sure it brightened their day up a little so put a nice msg in as well :) there are people behind them there keyboards :DDD
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett :'(
Last edited by BAD9eR on Jul 31, 2015, 11:32:50 AM
"
TheExile777 wrote:
GGG SHOULD REALLY MAKE LEVEL 10 requirement to chat👌 Seeing these spams more and more makes me sick, knowing GGG Cant handle that amount any other way.

GGG DOO EEEET

WoW did this (finally) after many years of chat spam but level 1s selling Gold
You know what , it worked too.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
What pisses me off is when I report these people in trade/global chat and notice the same character, spamming the same message 1 hour later.

I think active mods in global channels that actually talk could help keep things like this away.
Ugh effort
imo ggg silences reportet rmt-bots very fast, just what i can say bout this

but to solve the problem in future, i vote for:

use tradechat with level 25+ (u cant trade anyways under level 25)
use globalchat with level 5+ (makes it a bit harder to make new bots)
and overall: make a tradechat-cooldown after every message around +- 10 secs
Guild "Metal" /// mostly EU /// league + standard /// NO voice-chat necessary
"

use tradechat with level 25+ (u cant trade anyways under level 25)
use globalchat with level 5+ (makes it a bit harder to make new bots)
and overall: make a tradechat-cooldown after every message around +- 10 secs

This is a really good idea. I hope GGG can get behind something like this.
"
xxxcobaltxxx wrote:
best way to kill RMT??? increase the drop rate in quantity and quality for everybody....so,no one would pay to get a shav,mjolner or mirrored items.....problem solved.

But economy, my precious.

Honestly though, I used to think this would work. Never underestimate just how stupid people can be.

The difference between genius and stupidity, is genius has it's limits.
<3 Free Tibet <3
"
aStrayGami wrote:
What pisses me off is when I report these people in trade/global chat and notice the same character, spamming the same message 1 hour later.

In a lot of cases though, it could be that the character who you reported was banned and they simply made a new one with the same name.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info