Community Build Guide Highlights!

"
iamnotspock wrote:
I like the fact that GGG Highlighted Flame totems as one build, knowing too well they NERFED FT's in 2.0, thats a kicker in the face.

I'm not feeling the nerf in mine.
Isnt't it ironic that the game is based on player choice in creating your character but you are encouraged to follow a guide?
Posting a build and highlighting an aspect of it that doesn' work anymore. Nice touch.

I'm talking about the frost wall + Kinetic blast combo. Kinetic projectives that pierce don't seem to explode anymore, so that's redudant.
going for kinetic blast build next. wondering how pierce and frost wall increase dps but im sure its a good idea anyway. thanks for the advice
RxOvErDoSe
"
puviel wrote:
Isnt't it ironic that the game is based on player choice in creating your character but you are encouraged to follow a guide?

I'm not sure what you see as ironic. Have a large variety of ways to play doesn't mean that everyone is going to be build experts (or want to spend the time becoming build experts). I dare say, most people won't and will turn to those that do for ideas/guides on the various ways to build fun characters in this game.

I think it's a fantastic way of endorsing builds that would be great for first (or 2nd and beyond) characters. That way people can get in the game, actually have fun and enjoy the game without having immediate skill selection remorse, not be frustrated with the learning curve and then learn something about the game that will help them decide on their next builds.

I've been doing Templar Dual Flame totem with terrible pieced together MF gear. It's definitely solid.

Last edited by crzytimes on Jul 28, 2015, 9:45:35 PM
"
NeverSink wrote:
Damn, now I HAVE to finish updating the guide with fancy pictures :(
haha awesome! :D Congratz!
This time the guides are very well presented, keep going GGG
(🌸=◡=)
"
Badr0ck wrote:
"
puviel wrote:

I'm not sure what you see as ironic. Have a large variety of ways to play doesn't mean that everyone is going to be build experts (or want to spend the time becoming build experts). I dare say, most people won't and will turn to those that do for ideas/guides on the various ways to build fun characters in this game.

I think it's a fantastic way of endorsing builds that would be great for first (or 2nd and beyond) characters. That way people can get in the game, actually have fun and enjoy the game without having immediate skill selection remorse, not be frustrated with the learning curve and then learn something about the game that will help them decide on their next builds.

I don't really care how people play the game, I was just pointing out the irony (literally) of providing a game based on choice but you have to follow a guide.
"
puviel wrote:
you have to follow a guide.

Please do explain how you "have to" do it ? Who is forcing you to follow a guide? Are you getting banned if you don't follow a guide? Do you get a 50% exp and IIR/IIQ penalty if you are not following a guide?
I'm sorry but i fail to see how highlighting some guides leads to your conclusion that one "has to follow a guide"
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info