Community Build Guide Highlights!

Sorry man, i built this character when 2.0 released and it simply wasn't viable in a few ways.

Mana cost of Ice crash is too expensive.

I had over 1 percent mana leech(which is dog crap, but it's a lot of point and gear investment) but of course its only phys leech and Ice Crash splits your damage so you leech a teensy little amount and i had to run a mana potion. Which is silly for a melee build.

I had specced into 7 endurance charges, had a koams heart and a 6 link pledge with a legacy rumi's pot and IR off the tree.

With charges, grace aura i was around 75 percent physical mitigation, with rumi's, i had 61 block and whatever that armor increase amounts to.

Level 75. In a 68 pit map. I'm ice crashing away on the boss and he multi strike crit cyclones through all my rumi's, my OTHER granite, a double tap of an insta pot, my "leech", all while being chilled and critted before my initial rumi's pre pot runs out with no pertinent damage mods on the map.

It's silly to play melee now against certain bosses and situations.

Ice crash is only viable with blood magic and physical mitigation does not do enough actual mitigating because of the negative returns on high armor amounts and big physical hits in higher maps(and some lower ones).

I switched up chars after this. It was brutally, terribly disappointing in the end game as a character as you HAD TO STAND IN MELEE RANGE AKA DIE TO EVERYTHING.

Staff nodes are far, far, far too spread out on the tree. This build is way too skinny for not much reason. GGG needs to consolidate.

I ended up just revamping a crappy little crit/dodge character and it's fine. I do high maps with little trouble. Being a big, slow, fat marauder with no access to movement speed, leap slamming short distances slowly and being "tanky" is vastly inferior to simply avoiding most of the damage on the screen by being ranged, and by being fast. Until GGG changes the simple truth of that statement, melee will continue to be dog crap in this game.
Flame totem nerf confirmed after enough MT have been sold.
"
Ronskibonski wrote:
Incinerate totems still superior to Flame Totems tho

I prefer Flame Totem + Self-cast Incinerate over dual Flame Totem. Flame Totem handles AOE needs. Incinerate handles single target needs. Drop the totem and then target what's most dangerous.
The big deal was create your own build and go at it but: you are basically stuck with no DPS or no survivability if you do not follow a fairy strict guide. Could be I misread something but as a casual player it is tough to do. That said too bad it not that easy to diversify builds. Food for thought
I did a templar cast on crit- sweep build a while back that was just really entertaining and even late game viable, I am now doing the ice crash marauder build and it reminds me a lot of that, and it is just as entertaining/satisfying to play.
Last edited by Boanger on Jul 28, 2015, 11:16:54 AM
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Shadow - Life Crit Ele Kinetic Blaster - Cheap, Easy, Effective by Mathil
This build is described as suitable for beginners and won't cost too much to get into! To get the most damage out of the build, it's recommended to maximise your DPS by using pierce and Frost Wall.

It is a right time to ask about giving Shadow Frost Wall as early quest reward or vendor reward. Frost Wall is a crucial skill for Kinetic Blaster.
Last edited by SevenKnives on Jul 28, 2015, 11:20:03 AM
why didnt u take the old build of the week Version of wandering?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1162760

Overall better described&supported if you ask me
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
Last edited by Doe on Jul 28, 2015, 11:49:11 AM
Hi

Flame totem so boring and seems like the most viable build for Malachai, all other builds get basically squashed, least this is what I noticed when in party with others.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
I dont like promoting these builds even more.
Poe is a game with so much diversity and yet alot of people play pretty much the samne build. I know , i know, its about dat clear speed and working out of the box, thats what people want. Consider me a special little snow flake, i never copyed a build and i think i never will. The greatest pleasure in poe comes from making things your own way, atleast for me.

Why does it concern me?
Because when i team up i only see the same things and it makes me pretty sad.

Atm i play a shadow with freezing pulse and frost nova in tempest and i reached lvl 80. I know nothing special but i enjoy my time even tho i dont have the best clear speed.

End of text wall.
You have to remember to chase and catch your dreams, because if you don't, your imagination will live in empty spaces, and that's nowhere land.
"
No offense, but the first two are generic and the other two aren't really viable on Tempest. Appreciate this post though Bex :)

Fairly certain these are meant for newer players who are just looking to jump in and get started with something fun, inexpensive and effective. Given that there are so many builds out there, without any idea which of them are actually good/well built or not, it's nice that Bex/GGG are providing some officially recommended options.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info