Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

getting the same problem, started this afternoon.
Game lunch and crash, pc reboot
Forum pvp
"
lolozori wrote:
getting the same problem, started this afternoon.
Game lunch and crash, pc reboot

Difference type of error. Driver failed / recovery is not fatal application crash
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
looks like 2.0.0h fixed my problem, no driver crashes yesterday/today
thanks i guess :<
what fixed it for me is

go into energy options

pci-express and turn it off

never had restarting drivers since than but got 2 blackscreens so far after playing since launch and i played alot, so its fine.
I'm having this issue aswell. Had it since 2.0 and I've tried everything posted in the thread but it hasn't fixed it.

Incredibly annoying while playing Tempest.
"
Marxone wrote:
I have this problem with Drivers stopped working and bla bla bla, game freezes for like 20 seconds and the come back. I am unable to kill the process during that time so i am just waiting to die on tempest with this error, but anyway...

I have noticed that this error occures more likely when i am running other 2d application

- so primary this happend when running in windowed mode (even full screen windowed)
- when i am running video on background - including flash/HTML5 player in browser - youtube playlists? no no no!

Some drivers are better than others - as AMD, 15.4 (?)(beta) drivers were fcked and it crashed the driver every time i entered a zone. So it might be driver version specific error.

And then the overclocking - i am running my AMD R9 280x with slight OC (1100Hz on chip, memory intact) with increased powerlimit - it is stable, have no effect on crashes. I tried to pull to 1200 and then i crashed like 3 times in 5 minutes - so , OC is a possibility.

Clean install of drivers - there is possible that some components after installing new drivers remains in the PC, so best is to use some cleaning utility and reintalling drivers on clean system.

And regarding how PoE is demanding - it is funny, but the optimization is very very poor, yet it is demanding as hell. CPU/GPU usage won't exceed 40% of usage in PoE and my system has no obvious bottlenecks, other games can use easily up to 100% of GPU, even crappy F2P asian mmo's i play some times for fun.

Sam problem for me. R9 270x.

Been having these weird driver crashes every few days since 2.0. Screen freezes and comes back after a few seconds.

Just ripped my level 88 on Tempest due to this.

Really nice............ And prior to this I tried to install like 5 different versions of drivers and playing the game on full-screen / windowed. Nothing makes any difference. Never had a driver crash in any other game but POE.

Getting really annoyed with this and also with the general performance issues with the game. It's sad that all this effort is made to improve the game in all other areas, yet performance and optimization is so abysmal.
the driver crashes are back for me as well after 2-3 days of playing uninterrupted after my last post, i just didnt update the thread because ggg doesnt seem to pay attention to this part of the forum anyway.

i've tried some more fixes i found online (looks like people are having the same problem since 2013) like playing around with settings in the nvidia control panel or --softwareaudio but so far nothing seems to work. i've also clean removed my drivers and changed my os but the problem still persists. will try the pci fix and report back

but at this point im probably just dropping the game and checking back every patch to see if i still get crashes/bsod

/e: nope, pci-fix did nothing
Last edited by Nethqz on Aug 18, 2015, 8:32:59 AM
already wrote this in another thread yesterday which was only similar to an issue i had in battlefield some months ago.. but this is actually the same issue. my gfx driver kept crashing and when looking up the error code it said that the gfx card got plugged out.
the cause for this is that the gfx gets not enough power for just a milisecond and the pc loses connection to it and reporting "it has been plugged out".

fix for me was to underclock the GPU by 50MHz, GMem by 30Mhz and increasing GPU voltage by 0.02 volt.
give it a try even if it sounds really weird (maybe you need to change the values for ur issue, more underclocking, more voltage) but well, its worth a try i guess.
bump because this shit is still not fixed and i had 2 people in my party yesterday with the exact same problem :)
Before the hotfix on 21 December I was getting constant display driver crashes.

Since the hotfix I still get the display driver crashes, but now the game freezes and locks my PC. Have to hard reboot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info