Your game BALANCE in this patch is ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING (playing for 3 years)

"
Veroth wrote:
I hope GGG will be first, becouse with all my heart I root for PoE, this game have SO much potential In so many field.

I sincerely do, because if they keep being so stubborn, it will get replaced by another game that learns from its glories and mistakes.
Their specific goal was to kill you. Their specific goal with 2.0 was to make everything deadlier. Their specific goal was to make getting to 100 a lot harder.

Their specific goal was to punish you for daring to pick up DPS nodes instead of defense nodes. Which for the most part they were successful on, except by upping monster damage they made increasing your defenses just a way to get back to where you were before, and reducing your own damage means they're hitting you more before they're dead, so you haven't actually upped your defenses at all. You're just worse off. Which basically means the previous three goals are a resounding success.

Their specific goal was to remove mandatory gems like Reduced Mana, apparently by introducing gems that are even more mandatory than that, like Fortify.

Their specific goal may or may not have been formulated with a proper accounting of who comprised the majority of their current player base. Making it the way you wanted need not make you the money or acclaim you wanted.
One thing i think people are not taking into account is just how absurdly strong CODT+EC+IC+ID really was! The damage spikes have always been this way in this game especially in maps! Taking EC out of the automatic defense setup as well as the tremendous nerf to Immortal Call is one reason why people are REALLY starting to notice these damage spikes even more than ever before!

The reason i say this is because i made a Stun based build with a Marohi mace! I simply run End Charge on Melee Stun in my links on my Cyclone and then with 7 End Charges and running CODT+IC+ID (ID can almost be taken out it really doesnt do much to begin with) and then because i run Blood Rage and have free Frenzy charges coming in i run Phase run in place of EC and ive pretty much got that build to the point the damage feels no different than 1.3 because when i take a big hit from that spikey phys damage i proc and get the same effect as we did before i just have to keep those 7 charges stocked full at all times in order to do so!

Also making EC not work with Spell Echo means Stun is about the most efficient way to keep said charges up at all times! But really like i said taking out auto phys immunity on the fly for every single build in the game is just making that spikey damage in maps and thoughout the game just stick out like a sore thumb now is all thats going on with the damage spikes! It was like that before too if you didnt run that CODT setup which EVERYONE did so no one is going to notice till no one can use the free immunity anymore!

Im not saying the damage is good but what i am saying is now with that absolutely necessary auto defense setup everyone run not in use like it was now those imperfections in the damage from certain mobs just sticks out more so maybe GGG can now better tune this damage since everyone is feeling it instead of an immunity setup on every build covering up those unbalanced damage spikes!
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Jul 28, 2015, 12:40:20 AM
same experience here for a late gamer
"
TimeDilation wrote:
Their specific goal was to kill you. Their specific goal with 2.0 was to make everything deadlier. Their specific goal was to make getting to 100 a lot harder.

Their specific goal was to punish you for daring to pick up DPS nodes instead of defense nodes. Which for the most part they were successful on, except by upping monster damage they made increasing your defenses just a way to get back to where you were before, and reducing your own damage means they're hitting you more before they're dead, so you haven't actually upped your defenses at all. You're just worse off. Which basically means the previous three goals are a resounding success.

Their specific goal was to remove mandatory gems like Reduced Mana, apparently by introducing gems that are even more mandatory than that, like Fortify.

Their specific goal may or may not have been formulated with a proper accounting of who comprised the majority of their current player base. Making it the way you wanted need not make you the money or acclaim you wanted.

So in short you're saying they fucked it up, yeah?
Their specific goal was to make it so hard the average player would simply join the herd and play a Cheese-Build like Flame Totem or Cyclone and then the player can bypass all the Hardness.
"
TimeDilation wrote:

100%
"
mjk78 wrote:
"
Rangers wrote:
THERE is that alkaizzer streamer died to white wolf suddenly don't even understand why. I watched its' video like 10 times.

He died to the fire degen (which is based on max hp), not the white wolves. Don't mess with zombies or dogs lol.

He didn't die to the fire degen, if you look at the video you see the animation of a volatile iceblood since he got a freezing stack.

He probably had a map with a lot of +% elemental damage and very likely with - resistance. Or it was a very high level map (80+) I don't know the damage values on those maps.

He was indeed careless he shouldn't have run that map it was 100% due to the mods on that map.
alkaizer died because the rare fractured into 14 other dogs that all autoattacked him at once.

They could because the map had "monster cannot be stunned" so his cyclone did not stun the mobs
all 14 white mobs auto attacked him - he died

all auto attacks did go through his immortal call because a flaw of poe's engine

/ http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3esai8/ggg_can_we_please_talk_about_monster_snapshotting/
Last edited by voodoojin on Jul 28, 2015, 9:28:23 PM
Not into act IV... I've done it 20+ times now and it's simply too hard to be "fun".

I remember when D2 added act V. It was hard too... but added to the fun rather than lowered it. Act IV lowers the fun of PoE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info