Ranger dialogue is terrible - she hates animals

"
You call my view 'screwed', I call yours 'painfully naive and simplistic'.

Impasse.

I'm outs. Pointless thread going nowhere real fast.

But I never personally attacked you. When did I say your view was 'screwed' ?? Please tell me. I can't remember when I did that. I don't think I would ever do that!
reminds me of

Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
coatofarms wrote:
there is something srsly wrong with killing defenseless, wounded animals. Do you understand the difference?

you ever owned a pet? you ever been to a vet when they put your pet down because its suffering? do you eat meat? Is it ok to kill the defenseless, wounded animal if you are the one who wounded it in the first place? Is it ok to eat its dead corpse if someone else killed it? What if you paid him to kill it? Is the man who killed your last beef burger seriously wrong? Or is it ok to shoot a cow in the face with a bolter at point blank because its not already wounded? What about slicing a baby animals throat open while its still alive and letting it bleed to death, then devouring its corpse because a voice in someones head 4,000 years ago told you that was how to do it? You ever eaten a kebab?

I dunno man, morality when it comes to killing/devouring other creatures, kind of a grey area tbh. Maybe its ok if its a fair fight? A burger isnt wrong if you duel the cow personally? Perhaps a practical solution is that you kill a cow with your bare hands once every 2 years or so and you get back a coupon book that lets you eat X amount of beef morally for the next however long.
Start this thread again when you matured a little bit, thanks.

Putting wounded animals out of there misery is an act of kindness.

Eating them afterwards an act of respect towards nature.

That you can't even grasp the context she is referring to when she says those things tells us more about you then about the ranger.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
coatofarms wrote:
there is something srsly wrong with killing defenseless, wounded animals. Do you understand the difference?

you ever owned a pet? you ever been to a vet when they put your pet down because its suffering? do you eat meat? Is it ok to kill the defenseless, wounded animal if you are the one who wounded it in the first place? Is it ok to eat its dead corpse if someone else killed it? What if you paid him to kill it? Is the man who killed your last beef burger seriously wrong? Or is it ok to shoot a cow in the face with a bolter at point blank because its not already wounded? What about slicing a baby animals throat open while its still alive and letting it bleed to death, then devouring its corpse because a voice in someones head 4,000 years ago told you that was how to do it? You ever eaten a kebab?

I dunno man, morality when it comes to killing/devouring other creatures, kind of a grey area tbh. Maybe its ok if its a fair fight? A burger isnt wrong if you duel the cow personally? Perhaps a practical solution is that you kill a cow with your bare hands once every 2 years or so and you get back a coupon book that lets you eat X amount of beef morally for the next however long.

Good philosophical questions! I don't know the answers to them. I do know I was upset when I found out the ranger hated animals (Or maybe she just has no respect for them? Or values their lives at 6 cents?). It's interesting because I see now that I've been projecting my own beliefs into these toons. I used to think the ranger loved nature (which includes animals). Consequently, I just assumed she loved animals. I was wrong.
"
Boem wrote:

Peace,

-Boem-

The above statement is so wrong and sad to me.
"
coatofarms wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

Peace,

-Boem-

The above statement is so wrong and sad to me.

the fact you don't grasp that the context imply's "mortally wounded" is more saddening though.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
But there's a huge difference between the following sentences, "Putting wounded animals out of there misery is an act of kindness." and "Putting MORTALLY wounded animals out of there misery is an act of kindness."

I understand you better now. And can agree with you in some cases. But you should have put the word "mortally" in front of the word "wounded" to make yourself clear.

Because what if an animal hit it's head and suffered a concussion? Then it would be just wounded. Perhaps a little confused. It would not be OK to euthanize the animal or straight up kill the animal.
"
coatofarms wrote:
But there's a huge difference between the following sentences, "Putting wounded animals out of there misery is an act of kindness." and "Putting MORTALLY wounded animals out of there misery is an act of kindness."

I understand you better now. And can agree with you in some cases. But you should have put the word "mortally" in front of the word "wounded" to make yourself clear.

Because what if an animal hit it's head and suffered a concussion? Then it would be just wounded. Perhaps a little confused. It would not be OK to euthanize the animal or straight up kill the animal.

Moral would imply there is a right or wrong thing to do, a animal suffering concussion would be quick food for any predator. If you (person that eats meat) happens to come across the animal, you are no better or worse then the next animal eating it or killing it. Nature is nature, it doesn't adhere to "moral" created by what is right and wrong in human society.

Also ignoring the fact brutus murders anyone coming by to get to the other side, I have no idea why you think her killing brutus which is a corrupted soul that should be killed to be released from his curse a bad thing.

You also mass murder a trillion human beings, animals, spirits, and other lifeforms on the entire island.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Jul 26, 2015, 8:53:56 PM
"
coatofarms wrote:

The phrase "wounded animal" is almost always used in the context of the animal being wounded to the point of defenselessness as you pointed out in your original post.

A defenseless predator will die a slow painful death of starvation while suffering from the wound the entire time. Defenseless prey will be brutally slaughtered and eaten by an opportunistic predator and will suffer with whatever pain has been inflicted on them in the process.

The notion of putting such an animal down has been part of the noble hunter cliche for I don't know how long. There's no need to add additional specifiers that make line sound like it was copy-edited by PETA.

"

The Witch took a village's children because they wouldn't stop harrassing her.

I take issue with this sentence. The witch says "if they hadn't taken my home with fire, I would not have taken their children." I'd say there's a pretty strong implication there that she killed them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info