Ranger dialogue is terrible - she hates animals

"I've done for you what I would do for any wounded animal, Brutus"

Ok. Starting a new toon and just realized the ranger is really fucked up.

A normal person would nurse a wounded animal back to life. Not shoot the wounded animal with an arrow. Animal cruelty, hello?

Why would GGG add this kind of dialogue into the game?

This kind of dialogue is NOT OK. It makes you hate playing as the ranger.

I don't really see when nursing an animal back to health would be a viable strategy for survival in Wraeclast.

Ain't gonna waste my precious flask charges on dat.
When a good portion of animals are injured beyond a certain point (when a horse breaks its' leg, perhaps) there is little humans can do. The animal will not recover fully and are generally suffering. She speaks in how hunters and those versed in animals put them out of their misery after being injured beyond healing.

That was the nice portion of what I have to say.
Are you seriously that pro-animal vegan uneducated mindset that you think the ranger is fucked for saying she puts wounded animals out of their misery? And in a videogame too....
This is just like everyone getting so offended by Greust.. seriously grow up.
"
AnimatedGamer wrote:

Are you seriously that pro-animal vegan uneducated mindset that you think the ranger is fucked for saying she puts wounded animals out of their misery? And in a videogame too....

This was put so much nicer than I was going to post.

/AGREE!

"
AnimatedGamer wrote:
When a good portion of animals are injured beyond a certain point (when a horse breaks its' leg, perhaps) there is little humans can do. The animal will not recover fully and are generally suffering. She speaks in how hunters and those versed in animals put them out of their misery after being injured beyond healing.

This is it.

I thought it was quite obvious what the ranger meant when she said that to brutus considering the lore about him. So I hope you are trolling. I really do.
Umm ok? What would you do for food in Wraeclast? Such animal cruelty. Blatant really.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
[Quote]

The Marauder is a former slave who revolted, one way or another.
The Duelist murdered someone because they slighted him, and all he wants to do is get back in the arena and kill more people.
The Witch took a village's children because they wouldn't stop harrassing her.
The Shadow is, well, a fucking contract killer.
The Scion decided she was better than an arranged marriage, so offed her husband on their wedding night.
The Templar is an apostate who clearly asked the wrong questions.
And your precious Ranger is a poacher who appears to have no respect for other people's property. She isn't an animal lover, she's a fucking hunter.
[/quote]

u have some 'screwed' perspective on these caracters I'd say

these caracters are victims of their Society ...

what I read is the hunter wants to reestablish natures balance against the corruption of the lands
What is the Matrix? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XDNGBTsi5U
"
Hitomo wrote:

u have some 'screwed' perspective on these caracters I'd say

these caracters are victims of their Society ...

what I read is the hunter wants to reestablish natures balance against the corruption of the lands

You cannot blame society for what these assailants have done.

It is entirely their responsibility to act accordingly.

For example, you didn't see Katie Holmes killing Tom Cruise, she merely divorced him when things went sour.

There are still some morals left in (some) people.

Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink
"
I should have looked at who posted the OP before expecting too much in the way of reasoned, experienced argumentation. You can't talk about 'normal people' when you're discussing Exiles, coatofarms. They're criminals kicked out of a religiously oppressive, corrupted society. Did you just skip the intro dialogue or something?

The Marauder is a former slave who revolted, one way or another.
The Duelist murdered someone because they slighted him, and all he wants to do is get back in the arena and kill more people.
The Witch took a village's children because they wouldn't stop harrassing her.
The Shadow is, well, a fucking contract killer.
The Scion decided she was better than an arranged marriage, so offed her husband on their wedding night.
The Templar is an apostate who clearly asked the wrong questions.
And your precious Ranger is a poacher who appears to have no respect for other people's property. She isn't an animal lover, she's a fucking hunter.

Projecting your real world, cushioned-wall, PC-as-hell morals and rationale onto fantasy characters raised and forced to live in a world vastly different to ours in its savagery and cruelty *is foolish*.

I bet you use the word 'triggering' without even a shred of irony too.

LOL.

PS The Ranger is a LESBIAN. Just in case you missed the oh-so-subtle subtext. I hope that doesn't make things any worse for you playing 'as' her.

__

From the Terms of Service for this forum and game:
Posting Policy: The following provisions (“Posting Policy”) apply to any comments you post or any statements you make in any manner on the Website (which includes for the avoidance of doubt any associated forums) or any messages you send to other users of the Materials and Services (including as part of the POE gameplay) by any manner whether facilitated or otherwise allowable by the Materials and Services (“Posts”):

(a) All Posts must represent your genuine opinion of the matter in question;

I didn't know the ranger is a lesbian. Curiously, why did you think it would bother me? There's nothing wrong with being lesbian. But there is something srsly wrong with killing defenseless, wounded animals. Do you understand the difference?

And I don't like your implication I'm a troll just because we disagree on a lot of issues. That's silly.

no, they all acted accordingly but were shafted by their 'friends' and 'comrades'

thats what I read in the biographies of the chars

like the duelist, who was exiled because he acted against a 'noble' man

thats the tragedy of 'the path of exile'

What is the Matrix? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XDNGBTsi5U

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info