[Outdated] Zivko's CI Chaos Incinerate build - 200k dps / 10 000 ES

Can this be done on HC?
"
boogy06 wrote:
Faster Proj for six link/slower proj for atziri instead of lmp correct?

Personal preference tbh.
Faster projectiles would allow you to offscreen, but it would also increase your mana cost. If you have enough mana regen to support it and want to shoot really far way, go for it. For 40/60% less regen maps you can replace it with mana leech and see if you can get enough mana regen that way. I haven't tested it so cannot comment on the matter. If you try it out, pls post here the results.

Iron will with 100 str and 20% quality gives more damage then lvl2 empower (+1 to level of skill gem), but it does not have a mana multiplier. Since its red, you can also replace it with reduced mana for 40/60% less regen maps. That is an option i tested and if mana leech doesnt work, this is a better option if you want to be able to do more map mods.

"
paulee wrote:
Thoughts on taking the cast speed nodes by shadow instead of the three elemental dmg nodes?

If you can support mana cost with more cast speed, those 4% cast speed nodes are better then 10% elemental damage nodes and you should definitely take them. I went with elemental nodes to keep the mana cost down.
Last edited by ogrec on Jul 28, 2015, 2:23:47 PM
Hello,

I'm actually playing ur build and some things look "strange" on ur dps screenshot.

my stuff :

Spoiler

my dps full buff (without atziri's promise) = 12.600 dps

my dps full buff (with atziri's promise) = 14.362 dps

MY incinerate tooltip chaos dmg (last line) = 805 - 1211 chaos damage

UR incinerate tooltip chaos dmg (last line) = 1270 - 1907 chaos damage

How u can get this awesome stats of chaos damage ?

My stuff isnt bad so far, 4 points and build finish, u can check my profile.

Thanks in advance for ur reply.

--------------------

Btw, it's a really cool build and i love to play with it, nice job on it !

Hey there Ogrec, I really appreciate the time you have put into this build, and responding to questions.

I would like you to take a look at this potential spin off from this build that I am theory crafting at the moment, and would like your feedback. Basically its more fire damage, more resists, higher mana pool with reduced cost of skills, at the cost of some ES.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBAW8DHgN1EFgRUBpsHwIk2CqNLJwyNDW5NsU22EbXSRtYd18EXypj_WZUbRlxhXIPdFV65oIQgpuFbYV7h2WLepErlG-aO52upwinK6yYr7fVgdWm2CTfit-w5CLpAuvk7DjsVe0g7TzxbCt4H8cti0uuGyXZW-L3hEhca8NtIvRsC5Mnf8YPqySLwzoqOMHF7BiP-tDQX2osvxXXhq5WY13ynWPljqSxjDblGbQ4-_WXl0V8Fr8fQQYj5oHLvQdjUzVQQrb3KwoRL-tjmZodTwQHtoaWdHxL_rNXK72C

Thanks again for the help here, and I will look forward to your response.
Pantherz
Incinerate, like any other spell, benefits a lot form +x level to skill gems item. One of the reason why i chose infernal mantle for this build because it already has +1 to level of fire gems and, since its cheap, its easier to corrupt it to '+1 to socketed gems' implicit.
Reason why there's such a big difference in tooltip is because you're comparing lvl 20 incinerate which is boosted to lvl21 by mantle with lvl21 incinerate which is boosted to lvl25 by +1 mantle and lvl 2 empower (which is lvl3 in +1 mantle).
Lvl 21 incinerate deals 161-242 damage (average 201,5)
Lvl 25 incinerate deals 233-350 damage (average 291,5)
As you can see lvl 25 incinerate has almost 50% more damage then lvl 21 incinerate.
When i planned this build i planned from the start to corrupt mantles knowing thats what i need to push this build to extreme.

Here is how my leveling and gear upgrade process looked like:
1) Level high enough to equip 4L mantle and consuming dark.
2) Get a good -8 mana cost of skills elreon ring
3) Get good rare items that have lots of es, spell damage and resistances (for overcap)
4) Get 5L mantle
5) Save up currency (chaos and vaal orbs) to buy lots of mantles and corrupt them
6) Use vorici to force 4L on +1 gems corrupted mantle (with gear similar to yours this gave me 15.4k tooltip at lvl 89)
7) Save up 70 jeweler orbs, 150 fusing orbs and roughly 120 chromatic orbs... and buy 340 vaal orbs. That is what was needed to force 5L on corrupted mantle and get the right colors (using 1R vorici option which costs 4chromatics and 4 vaal orbs per try, but has lowest expected chroma+vaal orbs cost to get RRGBB mantle)
8) Grind up enough currency to buy 21/20 Incinerate. I also had 2x 20% incinerate leveling on weapon swap in case no 21/20 incinerates show up on poe.trade

Next on my list of upgrades would be getting lvl 3 enlighten and after that lvl 3 empower. At that point only possible upgrade would be lvl 4 empower which will probably cost 50ex. It would also be final upgrade for the build as i cant think of anything else that could improve it (other then maybe trying to vaal rainbowstride for +1 gems to boos auras :p)

The further you go the more expensive the upgrades get, but currency is always needed to push builds to extreme. At step 6 i had already 15.4k dps which trivialized maps and atziri farming (i killed her first time with 9.8k dps lmp). For casual players, getting ~3-4ex for their endgame +1gems mantle shouldn't be a problem over the course of the league.

Edit: i've linked on one of the previous pages jewels i'm using, they also increase dps so make sure you check them.

Hax4Snax
That skill tree looks fine to me. I've just hit lvl 90 and 9400ES. Frankly, its an absurd amount of es and i dont think more then 8k is needed, but i think with your tree i would still be able to hit at least 8.5k. If you want more damage, go for it.

Only change i would make to that tree is grab Ballistic Mastery notable (ranger area) which gives 20% increased projectile speed. Its such a huge clear speed boost and it also helps a lot with out-ranging mobs and bosses which is a direct boos to survivability as well.
Definitely dont skip it, unless you plan on using faster projectiles as one of your links.
Last edited by ogrec on Jul 28, 2015, 6:53:52 PM
Hi,

I finally got to 74 and dealing with hard map mods has not been a problem so far.
I worked on 5 linking my mantle as I don't have the patience to do what you did with corrupting it and force 5 linking a +1 corrupted one. I'm currently using faster casting as my 5th link. I've always gotten more dps out of faster casting in the past on incinerate but now I'm wondering if it's worth recoloring my mantle to put in iron will instead of faster casting. I also have a level 2 empower but I don't wanna waste chromes unnecessarily only to find out that my dps would go down by switching to iron will/empower. I was wondering if you have any thoughts on this.
Could this build also run RF late game to increased damage that much more?
(3.9) | Poison BV Assassin (Crush T15 Metamorphs on a budget)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2714125

(3.9) | Burning Arrow Starter build
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2688339
Going to level as this now that my chaos totem shadow hit 82

Can you post a screenshot of your tooltip with a level 20 incinerate in a 5L without a +1 Mantle or Empower?
IGN shdowe
Updated the guide with new jewels and latest passive tree.

Hakizo
Faster casting should give you more dps then empower (didnt test it, but i'm pretty sure it will).
Reason why i personally prefer empower/iron will over faster casting is because it allows you to run more map modes. Currently only map mods i cannot run are no regen and blod magic. I can do -20% regen by switching empower with iron will and -40% by switching a jewel in addition to switching emp with IW.
For -60% regen i switch empower with reduced mana.
I do a lot of unidentified maps and dont like sinking too much currency into rolling rare maps so i always try to adjust builds so they can do as many map mods as possible. If you dont mind re-rolling -20/40/60% regen mods, then faster casting is a best choice.

charl1992
No, you can't run Righteous Fire in a Chaos Innoculation build. Text on Righteous Fire is misleading, developers are aware of the problem as they have been notified about it multiple times by multiple people and acknowledged that wording should be changed. Why it wasn't changed for over a year is beyond me...

shadowstride
I dont have a non-corrupted mantle atm. I'll try to borrow one.
For now i've added the screenshot without empower so you can see the tooltip in 4L '+1 gems infernal manlte'. It gives slightly more dps then 5L mantle with lvl2 empower, but we could say its comparable.
Last edited by ogrec on Jul 29, 2015, 6:17:38 AM
At what level/dps do you think should I attempt atziri?

I currently run 12.4k dps LMP and have a leveld slower projectiles gem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info