[Outdated] Zivko's CI Chaos Incinerate build - 200k dps / 10 000 ES

Well. I just need someone on Tempest to work the magic. :) But first I find me all that currency.. Thanks again for the nice guide!
is the build Tempest viable?
Just one thing.
You should probably add your reply about leveling passive trees on page 2 to your main guide.

Anyway, is there a reason why you only have lvl 10 Clarity?

Also, I'd like to know your opinion on cast speed vs. fire / spell dmg on items.
Which one do you prefer?

Thanks for this guide.
Thanks for the guide this is really funny!!!
banes312
I play it on softcore league, but considering the high survivability and mobility, i think it works for hc leagues as well. Hopefuly, streichholtz, who's playing it on tempest, can write a thing a two about his experience.

nixsuper
If i had mana for it, i would run lvl 20 clarity so i could get more regen and therefore more cast speed. 4% cast speed is better then 11% spell/elemental/fire/projecile damage, if you can support the mana cost.

I'm currently updating a guide with jewels, rings and gems i use fo -20%/-40%/-60% and no regen maps. Check the guide ~15mins from time of this post to see an update.
Due to gear upgrades, only mod i now cannot run is blood magic.
I'm having trouble with mobs interrupting incinerate cast. Even with the unique necklace. It doesn't happen a lot, but when it happens -- near death experience.

I have the 3 avoid interruption nodes at the witch start.

Feels like eye of chayula doesn't work at all..
Last edited by n0diac on Jul 31, 2015, 6:34:54 AM
"
n0diac wrote:
I'm having trouble with mobs interrupting incinerate cast. Even with the unique necklace. It doesn't happen a lot, but when it happens -- near death experience.

I have the 3 avoid interruption nodes at the witch start.

Feels like eye of chayula doesn't work at all..

I don't use eye of chayula and what I like to do is immediately whirl through an entire pack to a corner and leech back. It's worked for me all the way through cause I can whirl even if I'm locked down is what i've noticed.

Also Ziv have you contemplated on attempting uber :P? I'd also like to know if you've experimented running blue elreon gear to see if that would push your damage further using hidden potential of course. I don't run mana regen gear and I'm not going oom even at -40% regen maps with a faster casting linked incinerate.
Last edited by Hakizo on Jul 31, 2015, 7:07:21 AM
Thought I'd write a bit of my experience with this build on Tempest. My passives right now: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAAW8DHgYjDXwPqxBYES8RUBXXFr8W8xmKGyUfAh9BH8ci9CSLJNgmPCo4KlMqjSsKK3gsnCymLL8tiy9vL50yNDQKNbk2xTbYN2ZGcUkbSVFLrlBCUzVWY1xrXfJfKl9qYlpilWwLbRlwu3RVf8aCEIMJhEiExYVthq6HZYt6jDaP-pDWkyeXBpmam7WdY6EvpLGnK6yYr7eycLQMtDi1SLb3vorBxcM6w23EosrT0NDVgdgk2RPZW9-K35jfsOL35RnljukC6rrrY-wY7FXw1fFs99f-sw==?accountName=sampsala&characterName=Poski

I'm level 86 and sitting on 9,4k ES, no spell block right now as I'm poor. I'm also using Eye of Chayula because I found the stuns were really hurting my leech. Fast incoming damage in general is very dangerous with this build if you are lacking stun immunity. Almost ripped to Graveyard Merveil's ice hail once, as she just stunned me in place. Logged out at 1,5k es ;p

My damage is lacking a bit as it's only 9,2k dps (tooltip) with LMP, though my Incinerate is only lvl19 and I'm using an uncorrupted 5L Mantle. I'm using faster proj instead of Empower/q20 Iron Will, because I really like the range. I will be trying Empower out when I finish leveling the gem, seeing as it could improve my leech rate.

Next up I'm saving some currency to buy a shield with a lot of ES, preferably about 500, to raise my pool over 10k. After that I will be focusing more on damage.

Overall, the build has been very enjoyable to play. It's quite tanky and deals enough dps to clear most map content with relative ease. One con I have for this build is that it really doesn't deal well with mistakes made by the player. There's no safety net if you fail using your potions properly, or whirl into an especially dangerous pack of mobs. IC helps a lot, but compare that to some 2h marauders running around with 20k armor, 7 endu charges or a whole bunch of mitigation in general, and AA starts to seem a bit on the weak side :/

Played properly, the build is tanky as ever and right now I'm mostly breezing through maps. Just wish I could derp a bit sometimes ^^

Thanks for the nice build guide Zivko :)
Last edited by tiali123 on Jul 31, 2015, 7:46:46 AM
hi just wanted to say is a funny build and cheap . SO Im a lvl 82 Scion
my current gear.
sitting around 6.5k shield and my dps is 9.8k with lmp..trying an atziri run got rekt an the triboss area, cannot sustain the bleeding and my dps was meh.. i know shoult switch to slower projectile. but still. any tips for a nab :D > ? nice work with the build.
Last edited by Zizooboy on Jul 31, 2015, 8:07:09 AM
It's my first CI-char ever and I'm not that experienced with all it's little differences. That said it's my second incinerate-char this ladder and compared to her bigger sister (62%block/48%spellblock, 4.8k-ish HP/ 1.8k 'mana', mom/eb/gr using cybill's) it's quite squishy but great fun to play.

sampsala summed it up nicely. You have to be on your toes all the time.

I made some changes to the CwDT-setup since I prefer Enfeeble and selfcasting Enduring Cry every now and then. That moved Blind to Tempest Shield and the Chaos golem. My skill-tree differs a little bit, but I'm not that concerned with min-maxing right now, since I need to level my Enlighten a little bit..
I don't want to miss my Chayula or Dream Fragments for a second and I also recommend using Vaal Discipline as well as lining Flame Totem to Culling Strike and Item Rarity. (It's a better Decoy Totem and gives you the short illusion of good drops.)

I now need to switch my jewels for some +es%/damage and find my some 250 vaal-orbs as well as a lvl2 Empower. Also having a +1 Curse Amulet would be crazy good. :(

Played properly, the build is tanky as ever and right now I'm mostly breezing through maps. Just wish I could derp a bit sometimes ^^ - sampsala
Last edited by streichholtz on Jul 31, 2015, 8:53:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info