Mapping in the awakening is retarded...........

"
0RadiusTwo wrote:
[...]I'm interested to see what more people think about the changes and if they think it helps or doesn't help them.

Personally, I think the map changes are total bullshit. There's no other way to put it. Give me hard content and make that rewarding. But don't gate it behind crazy RNG. I know that this is intended to keep us playing longer, but frankly, if I start losing my sense of progression because of this, I'm out. There are, after all, a lot of other games out there.

I can live with the super-nerfs of 2.0, but give me back my maps. Revert the map drops, return carto-boxes to their former glory, and I'll buy an addtional supporter pack, 100%. Fail to do this, and I'll surely lose interest. I know this sounds cliche "qq or I quit", but there it is.

Please GGG, allow us mere mortals to progress to higher levels, please... The super-hardcore-nolifers are going to reach lvl 100 anyway.

Just my 2 cents.
If my post contains typos, blame my phone and my fat fingers.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Mapping in this game is retarded. It's a terrible design. Players should be able to easily maintain a map pool of the hardest content they can manage. Anything else is poor design because it makes people run content that's too easy for them and they get bored and end up not enjoying themselves.

I never seen a end game like this. All other game from tetris to D3 rifts you go until brick wall. Not this one you spend 90% of your time face rolling content too easy for you for a shot at something decent.

1. It was always GGG's intention to keep the highest tier of maps rare. So don't expect to see them.

2. The difficulty of the map mainly comes from the mods that are being rolled on. A lvl 78 would be difficult but a lvl 75 not? If people get bored of doing maps, they are not enjoying their character anymore and they should simply reroll since they have done almost anything what this game had to offer. If you magically think that playing the highest level maps would make it less boring .... Think it is all just an excuse from your part.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
I ran all my 72-73 maps, never saw a 74 drop. Chiseled, alched, prayed... nope. Not even another 73 map. Now I'm running 71 maps and can't even get a 72. And I haven't skipped a single boss.

I'm level 84 and getting like 2% xp per map, while getting 1-shot from the odd mob pack.

I just wanna quit the game until they fix map drops.

Meanwhile, the top players are leveling faster than all previous leagues.

Thanks a lot GGG.
Last edited by StunnisBaratheon on Jul 25, 2015, 7:56:46 AM
"
Reinhart wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Mapping in this game is retarded. It's a terrible design. Players should be able to easily maintain a map pool of the hardest content they can manage. Anything else is poor design because it makes people run content that's too easy for them and they get bored and end up not enjoying themselves.

I never seen a end game like this. All other game from tetris to D3 rifts you go until brick wall. Not this one you spend 90% of your time face rolling content too easy for you for a shot at something decent.

1. It was always GGG's intention to keep the highest tier of maps rare. So don't expect to see them.

2. The difficulty of the map mainly comes from the mods that are being rolled on. A lvl 78 would be difficult but a lvl 75 not? If people get bored of doing maps, they are not enjoying their character anymore and they should simply reroll since they have done almost anything what this game had to offer. If you magically think that playing the highest level maps would make it less boring .... Think it is all just an excuse from your part.

I agree with you that it was always their intention to keep the highest tier of maps rare. I'll never disagree with that. They just shouldn't be gated from the mid tier maps 'that is almost impossible to not just sustain but almost impossible to produce. Quantity and rolling your maps literally doesn't help if you think that.

I Ran 150Q maps in tempest and they blanked. It's rng. WAY to much rng...

Bored!
"
I ran all my 72-73 maps, never saw a 74 drop. Chiseled, alched, prayed... nope. Not even another 73 map. Now I'm running 71 maps and can't even get a 72. And I haven't skipped a single boss.

I'm level 84 and getting like 2% xp per map, while getting 1-shot from the odd mob pack.

I just wanna quit the game until they fix map drops.

Meanwhile, the top players are leveling faster than all previous leagues.

Thanks a lot GGG.

Exactly. They gate higher content although etups is reaching 100 much faster than he ever has with almost a playtime less than 10 days.
Bored!
Last edited by 0RadiusTwo on Jul 25, 2015, 8:44:16 AM
"
medder666 wrote:
"
0RadiusTwo wrote:
[...]I'm interested to see what more people think about the changes and if they think it helps or doesn't help them.

Personally, I think the map changes are total bullshit. There's no other way to put it. Give me hard content and make that rewarding. But don't gate it behind crazy RNG. I know that this is intended to keep us playing longer, but frankly, if I start losing my sense of progression because of this, I'm out. There are, after all, a lot of other games out there.

I can live with the super-nerfs of 2.0, but give me back my maps. Revert the map drops, return carto-boxes to their former glory, and I'll buy an addtional supporter pack, 100%. Fail to do this, and I'll surely lose interest. I know this sounds cliche "qq or I quit", but there it is.

Please GGG, allow us mere mortals to progress to higher levels, please... The super-hardcore-nolifers are going to reach lvl 100 anyway.

Just my 2 cents.

Story of my life right now.

To me it's never been about wanting 100. It's just hearing the frustration amongst everyone in my group including mine when we blank after spending x-amount of currency into making it the 'best' we can possibly make it.

I wish I knew what I want from them to make it better but chris wont listen as usual..
Bored!
It is harder to progress and maintain a map pool something will have to be done. Also go to look for folks running maps and it is all sell adds????
Last edited by BKJohnsen on Aug 11, 2020, 9:13:44 AM
"
0RadiusTwo wrote:
- Rares no longer drop +2's.

As much as they have made bosses drop a map with a flat 20% chance to do so I still think relying on the boss to drop a +2 is very very stupid. Especially 74-tilesets. Not a lot of builds do jungle valley boss, Torture chamber boss, Labyrinth boss. That pretty much eliminates the chances of getting a +2 because a lot of people dodge those bosses because they're not exactly friendly to fight in comparison to every 75 boss that exists such as the golem in dry pen, lord of the bow in canyon, oak in dark forest, the dog in cells and so on (I am talking hardcore not softcore related). The fights in the 75 tilesets are so much more basic and easy compared to those in 74s.

This is a good point and it's something that needs to be focused upon. In a game like Path of Exile, no normal build can do it all, and there are all sorts of bosses for every type of build, to interact with their strengths and weaknesses. There are bosses that are meant for ranged builds, bosses that are meant for evasion instead of armor, bosses that are meant for high chaos resist, bosses that are meant for kiting instead of facetanking.

The game has always been about this, and it's always given us the option to "opt out" from any of these encounters if we know that our build is simply not designed to go against it.

But now we introduce map bosses being necessary for sustaining map pools... and when you get to the higher levels in particular, there are a lot of cases of certain builds not being able to do certain bosses! We are being effectively told to rip, or to bend over and go buy maps, because we will just not be able to sustain them.

The system is flawed, honestly. +2s should still be allowed to drop from rares and uniques. And bosses should simply have an even higher chance of dropping them.
Etup 100 in two weeks only confirms everything we said in the beta... Yet their brains just couldnt comprehend the ugly facts...

Sorry but its US - players that play this demn game, and know how balance should look like.

After release bosses were do retarded in act 4 almost every new player did quit. So GGG nerfed them to please complete casuals. Now they are going to face same shit with US intermidiet - advanced players that have no problem in facerolling content thats too easy. We will just quit waiting for changes. And they WILL come like always coz we are demn customer and you need our money not other way around ( market is flooded with games to kill time )...
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info