2.0 Feels Like Beta

"
miljan wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

"Feel like Beta" is a complement.

No its not, it means the game is unbalanced, buggy, unfinished and similar but released as a finished one. The expansion was rushed and there is nothing good about it.

This.
It feels a bit rushed. Welcome to modern gaming it's been like this for ten years now :)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Only because of the closed beta prior in which speudo testers were ignored by GGG.
Arbitrary placeholder decisions should never be embraced as final.
I dont know the beta, but what I didliked is the balancing of map bosses.
Some bosses are like 4 to 10 times as strong as you would exspect and other bosses.

Espacially the desert boss is ridiculous. Seems to have like 50x more HP than same level map bosses.
POE 2.0 feels like BF4 release
MAYBE the testing of the endgame and maps shouldnt have been done in 4 days.

Just the fact that Revenants got into the game, recived one nerfed and now was nerfed again by over 50% should say something about how poorly the game was tested.
I assume they tested the game with a flame totem build (the game is indeed well balanced when you play this).
Last edited by thyrion on Jul 25, 2015, 6:27:18 AM
"
thyrion wrote:
I assume they tested the game with a flame totem build (the game is indeed well balanced when you play this).

Chris: "How's the testing coming along there interns? Release is in 3 days and we have to make sure our end game is balanced."

Tester A: "I'm trying to play melee but my progress really hits a wall in act 4 on all difficulties. Also casters seem to get more use out of this new Phase Run gem than melee do - that doesn't seem right. Anyways I'm level 60 trying to slog through the end of merciless."

Chris: "Come on - you don't have desynch anymore - that's a huge buff! Quit whining and get good. Surely someone has to be at end game here..."

Tester B: "I'm playing a split arrow ranger. I'm level 76 and really having fun in these level 71/72 maps. I die sometimes, but that's because I stack crit and have 1.7k hp lolz. Everything seems balanced, but I haven't found any level 73 or 74 maps yet...I thought the bosses were supposed to drop them?"

Chris: "RNG is fun. Quit whining and build a larger shrine to me. Son of a biscut, isn't anyone at end game yet? The clock is ticking!"

Tester C: *shyly raises hand* "Uh I'm a level 90 flame totem-er."

Chris: "Great! Finally! What do you think of end game? What do you think about the other tester's critiques?"

Tester C: "Idk what they're talking about. Act 4 is easy, Merciless the mobs get a little thicker, but it's not like you need defense or resistances. All the 130% unid'd maps I run give me lots of rewards. Also what are those 'reflect damage' 'blood magic' and other lines I see on my maps sometimes? Are those like buffs? Lol. Idk I'm only running level 80 maps right now, but I think with a little luck I'll be sustaining 81 maps soon. It's pretty cool that I can have 5k life 8k armour (not that I get hit very often) and the only drawback is that my dps is 'A Tier' instead of 'S Tier'. everything seems pretty balanced!"

Chris: "Ship it!"

2.0 isn't perfect, but it's still fun. Then again, nothing is perfect, so that's par for the course.
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
The fact the dupe bug is in game is unacceptable.
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info