2.0 Feels Like Beta

I can't be the only one who thinks this feels like a beta.
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
It is. I mean come on 2/3rds of act 4 was not even done when beta started. They were burning midnight oil putting expansion together/completing it and just called it beta. skills and whatnot beta started with 2.0 release.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 23, 2015, 5:10:04 AM
Even tho it doesnt feel finished, i still think they did a great job. Only thing im hating them for is the overtuned damage of some bosses. But then again its PoE and it is supposed to be hard.
no
stop whining.
never bothered to play beta wouldn't know, however live is just an update of beta so........of course it does, this needs a thread why?
Mark_GGG 2012
If you put on your full plate mail, and I throw hundreds of toothpicks at you, you'll basically not feel it.

If someone catapults a whole tree at you, don't expect the Armour to prevent as much of the damage.
Well, they seem to have ironed out most of the gamebreaking bugs in the beta, but the balancing needs alot of more tweaks. But Id rather play while they keep balancing than wait.
I am 100% sure act 4x is coming out just like act3 and act3x since after killing the beast you kinda just do nothing with no closure.
There hasn't been a point in the game were it doesn't "feel like beta". GGG is always changing stuff up and fixing aspects of the game. They work under the hood too, with stuff we don't even fully understand.

"Feel like Beta" is a complement.
I prefer to think of it as ever evolving.

I have actually come to enjoy the fact that the game changes constantly.

I'm not sure I would have the same outlook if I was a hardcore player and lost my character to a boss that is overturned or a monster that has crazy spike damage though and watch as next day they fixed it while my character was back at lvl 1.
IGN- Shaeyaena
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

"Feel like Beta" is a complement.

No its not, it means the game is unbalanced, buggy, unfinished and similar but released as a finished one. The expansion was rushed and there is nothing good about it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info