[2.2]The CoC Slam - Groundslam AoE Cast on Crit - Build Guide [SC]

"
fulger_x wrote:
Hi can i make this build as a scion ? and why use ground slam instead of barrage with GMP ?

Hi!

I don´t think the tree can be simply swapped to Scion. Shadow and Witch are no Problem but Scion would have to do a whole diffrent tree so its not a simple starting node swap.

"
and why use ground slam instead of barrage with GMP ?

Because... you can´t use Barrage with a Scepter?

There are no Wands with a Vagan mod, so you would have to get Accuracy.

Barrage would not profit from AoE Nodes, so you can´t scale the attack and the spells at te same time.

You can´t use Whirling blades as Wander, so no Fortify option.

Doing CoC Barrage is a whole different build honestly.

Its also a nice build but the playstyle is really different.
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Jul 30, 2015, 6:20:59 AM
This build looks awesome, and that name is priceless. I'm going to have to try this build out at some point, looks very fun.
This build seems to be really nice , i am leveling my templar and i will try this but i have a question :
Does the vagan Mod "hit's can't be evaded " is absolutely necessary ? because dps on vagan weapon sucks and i want try some synergies with uniques weapons ...
Thanks for this build and thanks for the awnsers
If you notice, the OP keeps Ground Slam at level one (I assume for minimal mana consumption). As GS is the only part of the offense that scales from weapon damage the dps will never get especially high. That said, it doesn't need to. The AoE spells that you link to cast on crit are the build's damage source. Ground slam is simply the means of delivery. You just need Ground slam to crit, not to deal your damage.

That said, you can go with other weapons but the ability to miss if you don't stack accuracy will most likely hamstring your dps more than using a low dps Vagan weapon. You can't crit if you don't hit.

-EDIT-

Fixed the typos I can't help but get when using a stupid phone to post.
Last edited by Thaelyn on Jul 30, 2015, 8:22:36 PM
"
Remilord wrote:
This build seems to be really nice , i am leveling my templar and i will try this but i have a question :
Does the vagan Mod "hit's can't be evaded " is absolutely necessary ? because dps on vagan weapon sucks and i want try some synergies with uniques weapons ...
Thanks for this build and thanks for the awnsers

What Thaelyn said!

To explain it it my words:

This is not a Attack Build, this is a caster that uses Groundslam to cast his instead of castspeed.

The Attack itselfe does not deal damage at all, only the spells do the damage.

You keep your groundslam at level 1 and use a weapon that supports the spells and your "casting condition", the critical stike with the weapon.

You can use other weapons, i tried a Death´s hand i had from my other current build and it did work.

But: Even with a decent Phys Crit Mace like Deaths Hand your groundslam will deal near to no damage.

and

You will need to get accuracy on the tree and on your gear to make the crits as consistent as possible.

To decide if you deal a Critical Strike with a Attack,your accuracy gets checked twice in PoE.

First you need to pass one Accuracy test to hit, then it rolls if you crit, then again if you hit.

If you fail the 2nd "to hit" roll, you will hit, but not crit.
As Cast on Crit build this means dealing no damage at all.

Because of this the Vagan mod is really great, because it lets you pass 2 of the three checks you need to crit with 100% success rate.

Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Thanks a lot for answers , i tought ground slam was the damage dealer here :/ , I'm sorry this is my first CoC build my question seemed like a stupid question ...

I have an other question : does the vagan mod weapon must be in main hand or it can be in off hand ? ( i know that the mace need to be in main hand for ground slam )
hey i'm currently leveling my templar im level 40 right now, though im having a hard time leveling ive maxed out my resist and all still super weak and getting almost one shot sometimes and not dealing alot of damage yet. do you have any tips for leveling besides the onee you provided on the build page ? first time CoC here. Thanks!
"
Remilord wrote:
Thanks a lot for answers , i tought ground slam was the damage dealer here :/ , I'm sorry this is my first CoC build my question seemed like a stupid question ...

I have an other question : does the vagan mod weapon must be in main hand or it can be in off hand ? ( i know that the mace need to be in main hand for ground slam )

No Problem, no shame to ask :)

The Vagan Mod is local, so yes the weapon needs to be the one you are attacking with.

For offhand a Dagger with 80% Global Crit is the best as its the only way to increase your mainhands critchance with the offhand weapon.

"
do you have any tips for leveling besides the onee you provided on the build page ? first time CoC here. Thanks!

Could you provide some more details?

Whats your gear atm and what skill are you leveling with?
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
BTW, OP, my apologies for jumping in and speaking for you here. I generally suck out loud at build theory so when I actually understand (or think I understand) why some choices are made in a build, I tend to enjoy using that understanding to answer questions where I can. Not trying to steal your thunder in any way.
"
Could you provide some more details?

Whats your gear atm and what skill are you leveling with?

i'm currently using frost blades and fire totem with some yellows and tabula rasa!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info