Final 0.9.4 Patch Notes

"
Chris wrote:
Avatar of Fire: Converts all physical damage to fire damage.

Is there a major not-so-obvious drawback of this keystone passive which makes all avatars of fire unable to leech?
Or melee elemental damage is leechable as well?

"
Helheim wrote:
As nice as it may be for your Templar to get the power charges, casters can't really expected to melee just to get them.

You are absolutely right, but I was referring to false generalization that there's no way to get power charges right now. I agree that some sort of skill is needed (and will be implemented). Power charges are just not meant for witches at the moment. On the other side, they are (like you said) doing pretty well without them.
ingame: FeelLuckyPunk standard
"
konfeta wrote:
Oh ya, need another wipe lol.

Unless they want to see what an economy looks like with people trading supremely rare, overpowered legacy gear.

I am pretty much remaking my Witch because of this, I will have to drop all of my gear for it to even be remotely similar to what the game is intended to be like.

Could they not just make legacy items untradable and undropable?
"
Ugm wrote:
You are absolutely right, but I was referring to false generalization that there's no way to get power charges right now. I agree that some sort of skill is needed (and will be implemented). Power charges are just not meant for witches at the moment. On the other side, they are (like you said) doing pretty well without them.

Don't give me "wizards are op so they don't need power charges" bullcrap, everything is balanceable.

Power charges is THE charge mechanic for wizards and charges are a major mechanic of this game, i have a good part of my int skill tree devoted to improving power charges and can't spec it at all because there's no viable way to utilize power charges.

I was not so disheartened by this issue cause the main point i liked about the wizard was the use of curses, but now this is gone and there's no interesting mechanic left, so being able to use power charges could at least soothe the pain.
"
Ugm wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Avatar of Fire: Converts all physical damage to fire damage.

Is there a major not-so-obvious drawback of this keystone passive which makes all avatars of fire unable to leech?
Or melee elemental damage is leechable as well?

Life leech mods specifically state they work off of Physical damage, so there's your drawback.

Dex/Str armor has equal amounts of evasion/armor that totals up to the same amount of armor pure Str armor has correct? Seems like an underwhelming passive as it puts you only slightly ahead of a Marauder due to evasion from Dexterity.

Will movement penalties from heavy armor be a mod they all get? I really hope it's not hidden like it was in Diablo 2, and would help us know just how effective Armor Master really is. Which by the way sounds like it should increase your total armor a little bit as well.

Is Chaos Inoculation a true Energy Shield multiplier or is it additive with other multipliers? The former is useful and makes it a good passive, the latter is useless.

Blood magic some convert some part of your lost mana into health else the risk seems to outweigh the reward. Though there is potential there for using it not on a caster but on a physical build and lots of life leech...
"
DrTenma wrote:
"
Ugm wrote:

Don't give me "wizards are op so they don't need power charges" bullcrap, everything is balanceable.

I didn't say anything like that.
Besides that everything I said is true so I don't know what's your rage coming from.

"
DrTenma wrote:
Power charges is THE charge mechanic for wizards and charges are a major mechanic of this game, i have a good part of my int skill tree devoted to improving power charges and can't spec it at all because there's no viable way to utilize power charges.

This is not true. Int skill tree is not YOURS, it's int skill tree for everyone who wants to specialize there. Like for templars who want to specialize in power charges and can do that because THERE IS a viable way to utilize them.
It's just your build which can't benefit from them at the moment.

Other note - there are 17 power charges related passives. This is your "good part of int skill tree devoted to improving them"? Now that's a bullcrap.
Last edited by Ugm on Dec 2, 2011, 10:49:31 AM
"
Added the ability to manually level a skill gem up.

YESSSS, god yes! I dont know why but i really love pressing shiny buttons when something levels up :D Its what makes games like this addictive!
"
Ugm wrote:
"
DrTenma wrote:
"
Ugm wrote:

I didn't say anything like that.
Besides that everything I said is true so I don't know what's your rage coming from.

"
DrTenma wrote:

This is not true. Int skill tree is not YOURS, it's int skill tree for everyone who wants to specialize there. Like for templars who want to specialize in power charges and can do that because THERE IS a viable way to utilize them.
It's just your build which can't benefit from them at the moment.

Other note - there are 17 power charges related passives. This is your "good part of int skill tree devoted to improving them"? Now that's a bullcrap.

Rage comes from the shortsightedness of the argument, so i'm culling in it's roots.

Yes a skill tree for everyone INCLUDING me and other wizards, i'm at level 81 and i'm being forced to invest in random dex tree stuff because i can't spend points in the power charges mechanic.
And it is indeed a big part of my int tree, since it's the only "play with a new mechanic" choice, the rest are boring passives.
Soon we will have the keystone but none of them caught my interest and regardless of keystones i do want to play with power charges.

This is me so you might disagree, but don't make an argument containing wizards are op in it.
Last edited by DrTenma on Dec 2, 2011, 12:20:59 PM
"
DrTenma wrote:
Yes a skill tree for everyone INCLUDING me and other wizards, i'm at level 81 and i'm being forced to invest in random dex tree stuff because i can't spend points in the power charges mechanic.
And it is indeed a big part of my int tree, since meaningful choices are pretty few and far between.
I'm actually someone who is not impressed by the 700 point skill tree since almost everything are meaningless choices in themselves, only stacking them actually provide real benefits, an illusion of choice.

It seems to me that you are dissatisfied with current passive tree layout. Why haven't you provided any feedback regarding it yet? You are ladder #1 at the moment, it would be valuable to know where 80+ passive points lead to.
I remade the passive argument, i'm not totally unhappy with it since you can create your own unique builds but as i said i do want to play with power charges, and if you don't want me to play with it remove them from the int tree extremities and give me something else, personally i would like curse improvement stuff.
Great changes out there, congratz GGG ! Really appreciated that most of our problems are solved in this upcoming 0.9.4 patch. Though people still do not know how to show some respect after all those long nights' efforts.

@To witches: Call it "nerf" or find another name, these were expected from much earlier days, most of them were obligatory balance issues, and would implemented. it was "witches" who were the all-time favourite, just because of their supremacy over other classes, and without any threat on their back. And witches have been already aware of that their class was uber strong among others, so they've been winding down until now. Now, even if not to be called that witches are nerfed totally, most of you owe thanks to Chris and co that they are more than nice guys already, and never want witch players lack from having fun hereafter.

So stop being selfish, immature and feed your rages until after playing at least for 24 hours or so. Denigrating changes will not return you any good. Just forget about your biases.

"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
Last edited by BrecMadak on Dec 2, 2011, 12:22:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info