Final 0.9.4 Patch Notes

About curses: in a party is there only 1 curse allowed or 1 curse per player?
Is the effect on temporal chains "Effects on cursed enemies last 50% longer" now useless?

-

With Avatar of Fire is it possible to link "Chance to Ignite" support gem to a usually non fire attack skill like sweep or cleave and increase their change to ignite?

-

About the item mod changes:
-can you mark old items, for example with a red text like "0.9.3 item" or recolor the old mods to red or something, because chat discussions ingame will become very confusing with people posting old gear
-if possible I would preffer that you mark old items and flag them as unusable in a future patch, please no char wipe but do delete old items/mods
looks very good, can't wait to test it.
"
faerwin wrote:
Resolute Technique: Never get critical strikes.
Always hit.

I don't think you should suffer a performance nerf when you take a passive node. This one will do that without a doubt
On the contrary; no crit is a small price to pay for 100% accuracy. Consider that this keystone may be more intended for the classes that don't have high crit chances in the first place, and are therefore very unlikely to try to build around crit chance. A marauder or melee-based templar could take this to alleviate the need for taking dex to get accuracy, and free up property slots on gear in lieu of +accuracy. That base 5% crit chance pales in comparison to an additional 30-40% hit rate.

"
faerwin wrote:
Unwavering Stance: You cannot be stunned. You cannot evade enemy attacks.

evade as evasion only? How will it interact with iron reflexes?
Unwavering Stance removes your ability to evade (you don't get to roll it), but it doesn't remove your evasion rating. Iron Reflexes would still convert your evasion rating to armor.

"
faerwin wrote:
Blood Magic: Removes all mana. Spends life instead of mana for skills.

Fairly awful for casters, very good for those with tons of lifeleech?
Since you won't care about mana, you can run with 5 health flasks. Leech isn't necessary, although it still helps quite a bit. Gain life on hit and on kill are also very effective. This is another one that's not intended to be great for casters. It's probably a rather foolish choice for most of them, unless they build specifically around this keystone. In my experience, it's great for a marauder, and I can certainly think of a good duelist build that includes it.

"
siis wrote:
About curses: in a party is there only 1 curse allowed or 1 curse per player?
Is the effect on temporal chains "Effects on cursed enemies last 50% longer" now useless?
1 curse active on an enemy at a time. Any new curse cast on that enemy will overwrite the previous curse. I would think that property on Temporal Chains would still be very useful for elemental status ailments, such as making an enemy burn for a longer amount of time, or remain frozen longer.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Last edited by WhiteBoy on Dec 2, 2011, 6:40:00 AM
Nice update... cant wait to test it out on a new char.
Love RPG games :)
"
Chris wrote:
There's now a limit of one curse per enemy. The most recently cast one overwrites any existing ones. There will be ways soon to increase this per-monster limit.

How will this per-monster curse limit apply to party members?

1. If I have the ability to use 2 curses per enemy and someone casts another on top of my two, will it overwrite both or the least recent one?

2. What happens if I (2 curse limit) cast a curse on the enemy which has a curse already - will it be the second curse or, again will it wipe previous one?

"
DrTenma wrote:
Where is the power charge granting skill? I don't want to spec power charges if there is no way to get them besides the unique armor.

I'm playing Infernal Blow Templar who benefits greatly from the power charges. My friend is playing another Templar who benefits from power, frenzy and endurance charges and mostly, the discharge skill.

"
drezdenfonpux wrote:
-The "all resistances" mods now only on shields, rings, and amulets (removed from belt, weapons and other armour pieces)

is that a joke or smt ? ... how do u suppose people that are playind with dw characters are gona react to that ... i personally have my rez on everything

There is certain quest reward that gives you permanent +8% elemental resists. You can't have all. But of course, it this will be an issue in 0.9.4, devs will be waiting on our feedback.
ingame: FeelLuckyPunk standard
"
Ugm wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
There's now a limit of one curse per enemy. The most recently cast one overwrites any existing ones. There will be ways soon to increase this per-monster limit.

How will this per-monster curse limit apply to party members?

1. If I have the ability to use 2 curses per enemy and someone casts another on top of my two, will it overwrite both or the least recent one?

2. What happens if I (2 curse limit) cast a curse on the enemy which has a curse already - will it be the second curse or, again will it wipe previous one?

"
DrTenma wrote:
Where is the power charge granting skill? I don't want to spec power charges if there is no way to get them besides the unique armor.

I'm playing Infernal Blow Templar who benefits greatly from the power charges. My friend is playing another Templar who benefits from power, frenzy and endurance charges and mostly, the discharge skill.

"
drezdenfonpux wrote:
-The "all resistances" mods now only on shields, rings, and amulets (removed from belt, weapons and other armour pieces)

is that a joke or smt ? ... how do u suppose people that are playind with dw characters are gona react to that ... i personally have my rez on everything

There is certain quest reward that gives you permanent +8% elemental resists. You can't have all. But of course, it this will be an issue in 0.9.4, devs will be waiting on our feedback.

My understanding is that the second persons curse will overwrite the most recent curse to be applied by the first guy. I could be wrong though...

Also your correct, if you chose to help kraitlyn (spelt right?) in the killing the bandit leaders quest in act two you rewarded with 8% to all resists. So effectively you can complete this 4 times and end up with 32% resist before equipment. Anyway rings/amulets are the best sources of resist that I've seen so far, I can't see any harm in these mods being stripped from other items.

Atleast it would mean you have a better chance of rolling a nicer mods on other equipment. For example I don't want to see lightning resist on my bow, I'd much prefer leech or IAS, now theres a greater chance of getting that.
Last edited by Lonexs on Dec 2, 2011, 8:16:44 AM
"
Ugm wrote:

"
DrTenma wrote:

Well i'm asking for something like frenzy/blood something/enduring cry so i don't have to melee as a wizard to be able to get power charges.
Well, I haven't read everything yet but the keystone passives sound awesome. I can't wait to try them out.

ps:
Fixed a bug where shift-attacks performed on out-of-range enemies were not able to hit in-range enemies.
thank god. i love you. very very much. i knew I wasn't crazy.
Last edited by Ixath on Dec 2, 2011, 9:28:38 AM
Cant push this patch in a little early so we get a good weekend in? Would make a good Bday present =p
Last edited by acrisius on Dec 2, 2011, 9:27:41 AM
"
DrTenma wrote:
"
Ugm wrote:

"
DrTenma wrote:

Well i'm asking for something like frenzy/blood something/enduring cry so i don't have to melee as a wizard to be able to get power charges.

As nice as it may be for your Templar to get the power charges, casters can't really be expected to melee just to get them. Right now Witches do quite well without, but I'd like to know too if I can spec for power charges this patch.

Not having a skill like frenzy/blood rage/enduring cry makes it kind of hard to get them. Chris mentioned some time ago that there will be an active skill to get power charges, is that going to be in this patch? (I don't want to rely on a piece of unique equipment I'll never find anyways).
IGN: Nazhand (Standard), Gaurithoth (Anarchy)
Last edited by Helheim on Dec 2, 2011, 11:11:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info