How Warbands Works

Im pretty happy with the idea of warbands and the loot is pretty legit when you run into more then a few of the lowest tier guys. in general play tho you dont come across em all that often, checking the map randomly more often then not theres no tier 4 zones and when they are there, the only good way to farm em i find is to make 3-5 instances depending on the zone, work thru em and if there still there create a load more instances, since then once they change you still have maybe 3 instances to run.

on maps however... your completely in the dark unless you go to huge lengths to work out what maps effect each other and then farm the 1s around it, until you hope you have made a tier 4 area to then run that and if your successful then maybe you get a general spawn...

since you cant open a whole bunch of maps to stack up some tier 4 spawns i feel they need to be alot more common in maps, both in how likely they are to spawn there top level and also how many zones are effected. it seems to me that half the maps i run have no influence at all, and so far iv encounted 1 tier 4 map which didnt spawn a general. other then that id say there fine late game.

oh and in normal they were no threat to me, even as a summoner but man did they tank damage.
IMO, Warbands are a bit boring. Even when against a group, they are weaker and give worse loot than Rogue Exikes.

I would rather see a "Rogue Exiles everywhere" League than this.
Overall I really like the idea over global events like this, but I sort of think that 10 minute turnovers might be too fast to really work with.
"
KGabQr wrote:
All report -> Act 4 merc diff - Piety the abomination NERFED BEAM OPPPPPPPPPPP 1HIT KILL. NEED NERFED LOW DAMAGE OR SLOW BEAM!

Warbands.
Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink
I get a warband in maybe 1 in 15 maps (73/74s)

And even then, sometimes they die so fast I was unaware they were there. One time I fought a leader, that was fun. Essentially I enjoyed the warband experience in 1 map out of 200.
honestly just have no inspiration to play this league, at least an exile might have something about it that changes how I fight it, the warbands might as well just not be there. Theres nothing exciting about it, the synergy between them is paper thin.

I played it for like 4 days and then went back to standard, I want to go back, sort of, but I just dont 'get' the league at all. We got the little dots on the map for game zones, I still dont really understand how to know what maps to run to find them or why id even want to find them in a map, whats the point? what do they do? No loot, no challenge, just more life than a normal mob, thats all they are, uninteresting mobs that drop nothing and take a bit longer to kill. I have enlighten on softcore so I can make far more interesting builds there, whats the point in playing a sc league now days? If there is one, its certainly not warbands.

I dunno guys, Im finding more ghosts in warbands than I was finding in torment. When torment landed we said this is boring as fuck, theres no ghosts I find 4x as many ambush boxes as ghosts wtf is this? Crap league please fix... and they got a little buff but nowhere near enough. Then later you did a hc+sc mini league for the armour set rewards, all the hc streamers got to play torment for the first time and what did they say? This is bullshit theres no ghosts, shit league, and then you properly buffed them... like we told you that from the start and you didnt listen until RaizQT etc said it months later. Well, this is another league with nothing in it, and I hope unlike torment you actually change something about it based on sc players feedback while the league is still running rather than ignore it until the league is dead like you did with torment and suddenly make changes when hc streamers in a mini league tell you the exact same thing we were telling you from like day 3.

the actual warbands need redesigned, they dont do anything. Its not like torment where the ghosts were awesome but you just rarely found them, I find warbands and yet it feels the same because they dont do anything except take a bit more damage. the idea that they work together and stuff, no they dont, theres frost walls and stuff and then guys can cyclone through it... but it doesnt mean anything, am I get trapped by walls and having to actually change how I play? No lol, its meaningless. Magnus shows up, suddenly its like ok, we got a fight here, I need to kite and bait, pick my moment to go in and get out again etc, its actually a fight that means something. Warbands dont do anything, nothing they do has any impact outside of the ones who dont want to fight and just annoy you by running away endlessly. Then you kill them all and get white and blue items drop... so some of the blues have new mods or whatever, right but we dont have eternals to craft them into something worth having. Are you expecting me to go into a currency famine situation like a new temp league and start yolo exalt crafting? Do you know how bullshit gamble crafting like that is if you dont have 100s of exalts to just burn for lols? A binos costs 2ex right now, so you find a binos, super rare endgame crazy weapon, sell it for 2ex and then yolo 2 ex onto some anti freeze boots you auged then regaled? So youve got what? 99% chance of bricking your entire currency from selling that crazy unique find putting 2 stats on an item you are about to vendor 1 minute later? Is that something that is supposed to make me want to play that league? I dunno, its all just feeling pointless to me, everything about it sad to say.

Is there like a Warbands timer so we know when this happens? I also don't really see a way to track how many warbands we've killed or how many have been killed in a zone which make it a little bit difficult.
Some information about warbands would be nice. Like global messages "Warband X has taken over area Y after warband Z being crushed by exiles"
Very interesting mechanic in theory, global events are pretty cool. However, the warbands themselves seem a bit...weak. The only time I had trouble with one was when I walked into Lunaris 1 and got instantly jumped by Leli Goya, Daughter of Ash and her gang. Cool fight overall, but the only thing that made it challenging is that her multiple AoEs killed my zombies and spectres in about 10 seconds, leaving me almost entirely without damage. If I had been anything other than a summoner, it would have been fairly easy.

In short, buff the warbands. Maybe make them stay closer to each other during fights, maybe make more spawn per pack.
thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info