[2.0] Boxsalesman SRS hybrid life/ES low budget - Insane damage

"
Just a quick question, for this build, would a 6L +3 fire gem staff or a 6L Pledge work better?

6L +3 will be slightly better, you can use empower in it which has the added benefit of also buffing the SRS their health by a ton, the SRS are definitely not immortal and die quite often on some of the more AOE spam boss fights, having extra levels on them has more benefit than just dps, I've seen some build makers taking pledge of hands because their calculations made it give 1% dps more or something like that, but I'd rather have them survive better against the most difficult bossfights out there.

Crematorium just to name one often kills my SRS in 2 seconds, making me lose a ton of dps and the fight takes quite a while longer, using a 6L +3 staff and empower would make that boss so much faster than my 4L.
IGN : boxxboxx ( Domination )
http://www.youtube.com/user/Boxsalesman?feature=mhee

I have a question: why didn't you help alira in cruel for the +5% cast speed? I think it would have been more beneficial instead of the skill point.
Just came back to PoE for 2.0 and started with this build. I respecced my old SRS witch to this, and I'm loving it! I definitely see some improvement from before 2.0. I did change things up a little bit from the build as listed, like keeping my Alpha's Howl so I can run arctic armour, haste, discipline, hatred+generosity, and clarity+blood magic. I also kept using the arc+spell+totem+curse on hit+elemental weakness I had on the character before, since I'm more comfortable with it and my playstyle. I twiddled with a gear a bit to get capped resistances, but it could be better. I also kept using the staff I had before (only +2 fire; hopefully I'll get something better eventually). At lvl 84, I have 5.5k effective life and 87 mana with enough mana regen to keep 24-25 srs's out on vaal haste. I can't wait to fine tune the gear and get a few more levels to get some passives I particularly want. Thanks for your build guide!

My gear:

"
Light77788 wrote:
I have a question: why didn't you help alira in cruel for the +5% cast speed? I think it would have been more beneficial instead of the skill point.

There are several jewel nodes we could take in 3 SP , A great Minion damage jewel is more than 3 times as good as 5% cast speed ( Minion dmg + 5% cast speed with fire skills ... )

I'd rather give 3 SP for a great minion dmg + cast speed or minion dmg + life/ES jewel than 1 SP for 5% cast speed.

Also, the 2 nodes taken to get to the jewels aren't an entire waste, they're not great but they're a nice extra as well.

At scion west side we can take 16% mana or 0.8 life regen to reach a jewel node.

18% light + 18% cold resist at scion south side

Also, cast speed makes mana management at high links more difficult, minion damage has the same endresult as raising cast speed but without giving added mana issues.

Last edited by magier556 on Jul 29, 2015, 1:02:03 PM
"
magier556 wrote:
"
Light77788 wrote:

There are several jewel nodes we could take in 3 SP , A great Minion damage jewel is more than 3 times as good as 5% cast speed ( Minion dmg + 5% cast speed with fire skills ... )

I'd rather give 3 SP for a great minion dmg + cast speed or minion dmg + life/ES jewel than 1 SP for 5% cast speed.

Also, the 2 nodes taken to get to the jewels aren't an entire waste, they're not great but they're a nice extra as well.

At scion west side we can take 16% mana or 0.8 life regen to reach a jewel node.

18% light + 18% cold resist at scion south side

Also, cast speed makes mana management at high links more difficult, minion damage has the same endresult as raising cast speed but without giving added mana issues.

Sounds logical.

Thanks for the explanation. I'm lvl 65 in 21 hours. Loving the build so far.
Last edited by Light77788 on Jul 29, 2015, 3:45:00 PM
54 now following the guide. When can I switch to srs.
I am sooo tired of flame totem lol

doing this on warbands and drops suck big time.
I don't have one 4 link anything for this build
Last edited by Daddyboo on Jul 30, 2015, 9:56:30 PM
I realize this might be a far off question to ask, but as I'm building a Templar for the achieve (already have scion and witch) would passives would be best to give up in exchange for the Templar start? I'm guessing it comes down to life/es but I'd figure I would just sacrifice some of the life nodes? If you could post a try at least showing the optimal pathing to link up I would greatly appreciate it. Build looks great!
"
Loi wrote:
I realize this might be a far off question to ask, but as I'm building a Templar for the achieve (already have scion and witch) would passives would be best to give up in exchange for the Templar start? I'm guessing it comes down to life/es but I'd figure I would just sacrifice some of the life nodes? If you could post a try at least showing the optimal pathing to link up I would greatly appreciate it. Build looks great!

Been trying a few templar variants but just can't get it to work efficiently, only at like lvl 100 where you'd just connect the current tree to templar with the life nodes and the mana regen /

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBA-4Esw18EVAWbxcvGYoajxslHNwdFB2qHb4i9CSwKPosnDLRM4c1kjW5PydBh0PIRARFR0WdRnFJsUrIS65NuU8EU1JV1lfJWW1akVugXGtewF-YX7Bk52jyaqxr22wLbRluqm-efA58S30YgKSCx4MJhEiExYVgiECIWo8aj0aTJ5Z0mK2a4Juhm7WhL6IApqynCKcrp1WofarEtAy18rc-uJO-isBmwzrDbcpKytPMvM8y0_vXz9i92VvfiuGI42rpAuq66-7siu-I8B_22vfX-Tf56PrS-wn-Cv5J

Something like this, but you'll need to either level really high to get the 4% mana reserve at top right of witch, or run the % reserve unique jewel ( can be obtained from a quest I think, check wiki ) or run alpha's howl, or link a levelled enlighten to some of your aura's. Just dropping the 4% reserve node without any replacement will give issues with aura's.

Last edited by magier556 on Aug 1, 2015, 2:49:21 PM
bump

bump

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type