If GGG patches one thing this weekend...

what would you want it to be?

Technical things aside (yes I still had map crashes after 'the fix'), I'd like to see droprates of two of my favorite things get some attention (I know, kind of cheating with a two in one, but piss off, it's my thread =P):

Map drops. If they continue be this scarce, we might need a floor for map levels. I.E. if you're in a level 73 map, nothing lower than a 70 will drop. I had a friend do a level 72, 135% quantity map and his return was two 69s. My first NINE level 74 maps yielded no 75s or 76s and 3 of them were alched and chisled.

I want to be rewarded for the risk, the currency, and the full clear I'm putting into these.

Divination Card drops. There's already a great thread on this with some good ideas. I'd like to see just about any of them implemented. If I'm spending time in PoE, I'd like to either be A) making leveling progress or B) getting wealthier in game so I can buy things that will help me make level progress. Divination Cards are not delivering on either of these, so I'll just keep mapping. Although that's disappointing because...oh right, covered above.
Hmm..

Overall gameplay:

- REVISITED COLOURBLIND MODE
*A lot of reports on Doedre Darktongue encounter as an example some colourblind people can't see what circle is what

- Reduced all physical damage done by enemies throughout the game after Act 2 Normal, by 25%, to reduce the feel of the mandatory Fortify buff for melee
- Damage done by enemies have been revisited, sudden one-shots shouldn't happen anymore, people can finally take less life nodes as planned all along

- Droprates been revisited:
*Currency droprate should feel more rewarding, hopefully players will now use them whilst leveling up, instead of storing them in their stash until Merciless difficulty
*Divination Cards should now drop in all zone, doesn't matter which it is and more often
(They do however still have a higher droprate in the old zones if people want to farm for them)
*Itemdrops will now have a better chance of rolling Tiers close to their itemlevel to ensure a feel of getting upgrades
(This however is only a small boost)

Malachai:
- Malachai's area have been increased by 15%
- Malachai should teleport less frequently now
- Reduced the zombie density whilst fighting Malachai in 2nd phase so you can actually see shit
- Reduced the amount of shit flying around constantly whilst fighting Malachai in 2nd phase so players WON'T FPS Drop like mad
- Changed the colours on many of Malachai's skills to make sure people can see his skill pattern, such as the mines (please GGG)
- Reduced Malachai's health to make sure the fight isn't too boring and long for no reason at all

Doedre Darktongue:
- Added a tongue slap skill
*Wide arc like Cleave dealing moderate damage and applying fear for X second(s)
- The curse circles will now change zones faster this less health Doedre have
- The curse circles will now fuse together to one big triple curse ring for X second(s) after Doedre lose 25% health
*75%/50%/25%

Maligaro:
- Changed his shit to physical, dumb way of forcing Chaos dmg

EVASION:
- Reverted most of the evasion nerfs, but lowered the overall %evasion you get from the evasion from gear

Skill gems:

Incinerate:
- Early game damage have been nerfed with around 20%, an unlinked Incinerate can cheese the game, this is really a big issue, and the mana cost is dealt with by buying a ring from Elreon
- Incinerate now gives the player channeling it a reduction to turn rate by up to 60%, depending on how long you channel for
- Incinerate now provides faster projectile speed (this will not match the old quality bonus, but will result in 1,5% pr. level up)
*This is to remove mandatory quality bonus but still make the quality bonus worth it
(You can simply stop channeling to stop the turn delay)

Quality bonus changed:
- Now increases the turn rate of the player by 2% pr. Quality

Flame totems:
- NERFED TO THE GROUND

Lightning Strike:
- Somehow fixed, no clue how, abandon thread

MTX:
- Added qt Tiki totem skin from Kaom's Dream for BOTH Spell Totem, Ranged Attack Totem support gem and actual Totem Skills
*This will follow up as making the Totem Skin work with both Spell Totem, Ranged Attack Totem and actual Totem Skill
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
Last edited by Derpey on Jul 17, 2015, 2:47:52 PM
Spoiler
"
Derpey wrote:
Hmm..

Overall gameplay:

- REVISITED COLOURBLIND MODE
*A lot of reports on Doedre Darktongue encounter as an example some colourblind people can't see what circle is what

- Reduced all physical damage done by enemies throughout the game after Act 2 Normal, by 25%, to reduce the feel of the mandatory Fortify buff for melee
- Damage done by enemies have been revisited, sudden one-shots shouldn't happen anymore, people can finally take less life nodes as planned all along

- Droprates been revisited:
*Currency droprate should feel more rewarding, hopefully players will now use them whilst leveling up, instead of storing them in their stash until Merciless difficulty
*Divination Cards should now drop in all zone, doesn't matter which it is and more often
(They do however still have a higher droprate in the old zones if people want to farm for them)
*Itemdrops will now have a better chance of rolling Tiers close to their itemlevel to ensure a feel of getting upgrades
(This however is only a small boost)

Malachai:
- Malachai's area have been increased by 15%
- Malachai should teleport less frequently now
- Reduced the zombie density whilst fighting Malachai in 2nd phase so you can actually see shit
- Reduced the amount of shit flying around constantly whilst fighting Malachai in 2nd phase so players WON'T FPS Drop like mad
- Changed the colours on many of Malachai's skills to make sure people can see his skill pattern, such as the mines (please GGG)
- Reduced Malachai's health to make sure the fight isn't too boring and long for no reason at all

Doedre Darktongue:
- Added a tongue slap skill
*Wide arc like Cleave dealing moderate damage and applying fear for X second(s)
- The curse circles will now change zones faster this less health Doedre have
- The curse circles will now fuse together to one big triple curse ring for X second(s) after Doedre lose 25% health
*75%/50%/25%

Maligaro:
- Changed his shit to physical, dumb way of forcing Chaos dmg

EVASION:
- Reverted most of the evasion nerfs, but lowered the overall %evasion you get from the evasion from gear

Skill gems:

Incinerate:
- Early game damage have been nerfed with around 20%, an unlinked Incinerate can cheese the game, this is really a big issue, and the mana cost is dealt with by buying a ring from Elreon
- Incinerate now gives the player channeling it a reduction to turn rate by up to 60%, depending on how long you channel for
- Incinerate now provides faster projectile speed (this will not match the old quality bonus, but will result in 1,5% pr. level up)
*This is to remove mandatory quality bonus but still make the quality bonus worth it
(You can simply stop channeling to stop the turn delay)

Quality bonus changed:
- Now increases the turn rate of the player by 2% pr. Quality

Flame totems:
- NERFED TO THE GROUND

Lightning Strike:
- Somehow fixed, no clue how, abandon thread

MTX:
- Added qt Tiki totem skin from Kaom's Dream for BOTH Spell Totem, Ranged Attack Totem support gem and actual Totem Skills
*This will follow up as making the Totem Skin work with both Spell Totem, Ranged Attack Totem and actual Totem Skill
Nice

Also
ran docks for 5 hours straight today, around 5 minutes per run max
guess what? not a single jack in the box but a tabula rasa and enough 6s items/jewelers to get me around 40 fus
i mean isn't it kinda dumb that you have to collect 4 of them, wich would probably take a good amount of time now, just to get a chance for ANY unique item? Sure you get a FREE UNIQUE(not actually free) but it can be ANYTHING from ezomyte peak up to shavs(has anyone ever gotten anything really good from jack in the box) Does anyone else see this? pls
i'd really like the drop rate to be risen at least slightly so it drops at least every 30 runs
Last edited by resonanz on Jul 17, 2015, 3:01:01 PM
I can't put technical issues aside because the game is unplayable for me. I would like it to be optimized better for 32 bit OS or the minimum requirements revised to state that PoE now only works on 64 bit OS.

I can't make progress in the game because I have to rush through areas to the next waypoint and hope I find it so I can port and go from there after the game inevitably crashes.

I haven't even seen Act 4 yet... So until the memory issue with 32 bit OS is addressed no other features matter.
The whole divination card system needs to be looked at. I understand the problem: how do you make something "deterministic" without making it so the people with no lives can just farm that item easily and break the game? Although that question is important I think there are lower hanging fruit in the divination system that could be address:

First is the currency penalty applying to the divination cards. Are these cards a deterministic way to get an item or not? Having them be subject to the penalty shifts it towards the later.

Second, some cards (mostly for currency) seem backwards, and some item cards just seem like they were randomly placed. For example, 5 cards to get a single chaos orb? Not a bad idea in itself but making those cards as rare as they are seems odd. Why don't they drop in more areas? Why don't they drop more often?

Lifesprig or the blue life armor card are another example but dealing with items. Why does it take 9 cards to get a lifesprig and why do these cards. for what is a low level item, drop in higher level areas? Some of it just doesn't seem well thought out and could be organized better.

The bigger problem is more difficult to answer. The cards for the better items are either deterministic, like they were marketed to us, or they aren't. GGG has to decide what direction they want to go. Should game policy in this area be dictated by the very top end part of the bell curve that is the player base? If these cards are supposed to be deterministic I don't think its justified to sacrifice the enjoyment of the huge majority of the player base to try to stop the 5% of players that can play 20 hours a day from farming them.
Id patch the numerical values of all the a4 monsters when in maps, while i dont really mind the dificulty in non map areas, in map ones, it feel ridiculous that low lvl maps with a4 mobs are more dangerous than +4 lvl maps with old mobs, i feel that its not worth risking my exp doing maps with those monsters
Fix map drops 68-79

80+ can be rare as mirrors, i dont care
Dran, drauf, drüber !
"
Hannibus wrote:
Fix map drops 68-79

80+ can be rare as mirrors, i dont care

Hell just to 78 would be great then the 79-81 could be rare as divines or exalts and then have 82 be the ultra rare ones! And to still keep the main goal which is to slow down the push to 100... Exponentially increase the exp needed for lvls 91-100! The Community and GGG BOTH get what they want! \m/
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
I have run 40+ chisled alched and chaosed 78 maps and only gotten 6 79's. Not only that but +1 maps at any level rarely drop and I have only seen two +2 maps and all the maps I have run. However I have had the bosses drop several -10 level maps. Overall bosses are not worth the risk because IF they drop a map it probably wont even be a +-0 level map never mind a "progression" map.
"
Nazgul77 wrote:
I have run 40+ chisled alched and chaosed 78 maps and only gotten 6 79's. Not only that but +1 maps at any level rarely drop and I have only seen two +2 maps and all the maps I have run. However I have had the bosses drop several -10 level maps. Overall bosses are not worth the risk because IF they drop a map it probably wont even be a +-0 level map never mind a "progression" map.

Yeah map drops have an artificial ceiling, I think its time they got an artificial floor.

Normal monsters -3 to 0 (same level)
Magic + Rare -2 to +1
Boss -1 to +2

And if your map is over 100% quant the floor goes up by 1.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info