[2.0] Hidden Potential Poison Arrow (100% magic gear!)

"
____BS____ wrote:
i am lvl 83 with your build 6l +2 not +3 sadly. i made some changes to it. have 27,8 k chaos dmg. it's a fun build! the only problem is that i cant make atziri. idk. can u make a video of atziri pls? Cheers

Awesome! Nice job with the 6L bow.

I get such huge spikes when I try and record on my terrible computer, so I'm not going to be able to record an Atziri run. But there should be a ton of videos out there of PA and PA trappers running Atziri. It's basically the same thing here. I had very few issues with any of the bosses - though the trio got a little close; I ran in circles while tossing decoy/traps behind me and I was fine, though.
"
____BS____ wrote:
i am lvl 83 with your build 6l +2 not +3 sadly. i made some changes to it. have 27,8 k chaos dmg. it's a fun build! the only problem is that i cant make atziri. idk. can u make a video of atziri pls? Cheers

whaa dat dmg,
we've got about the same equipment and tree, only diffrence ure a trap and im not, and ive got less then 50% of ur dmg(12k to be exact), makes me envy ;_;.
"
erani wrote:

we've got about the same equipment and tree, only diffrence ure a trap and im not, and ive got less then 50% of ur dmg(12k to be exact), makes me envy ;_;.

Yea, the multiplier from not only trap but also the "trap damage" gem gives an insane amount. It's the main reason I'm not self-casting it, even if traps can be a little tricky to use.
This is an interesting build. My question is what would you do with a bigger budget? For example, do you think Le Heup of All with a high damage roll (20% max) would be better for the build overall? What about a +3 rare bow?
Aura Reservation Calculator: https://poe.mikelat.com/
Chromatic Calculator: http://siveran.github.io/calc.html
Tired of using GGG's crappy skill planner? Tell them here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1555283
Hi Yordle, just finished reading over the build guide (btw, fantastic build and very well written when compared to most other build guides I read through on the forums) and was wondering about the bow affixes. Specifically, Tora's signature mod "Causes Bleeding on Hit" and how well it could perform on this build. Since all of the Forsaken Master's signature mods are prefixes, using a magic bow with that prefix wouldn't help much at all over a magic bow with a "+2 to Level of Socketed Bow Gems" prefix but as a rare bow with the prefixes: Tora's Bleeding, +2 to Bow Gems, +1 to Gems; and suffixes: whatever ones you need/get/craft on your own.
Do you have any thoughts on how well that could add on to the overall damage effectiveness of the build?

I was also looking into starting off as a Ranger which has a closer location to the chaos damage and damage over time clusters on that side of the tree and a fair number of jewel sockets to grab. Plus, it's my favorite class so I'm biased (Fight me scrublords, Ranger class best class Kappa). I'd love to hear your input on these ideas so lemme know what you think.

Thanks for the great build mate!
"Eternals were the 'Selection' in "Natural Selection". Without Eternals, all we have is Natural. You're just waiting for a hurricane to blow through the junk yard and magically assemble a 747."
-HoneyBadGerMan
"
MosesXIII wrote:
This is an interesting build. My question is what would you do with a bigger budget? For example, do you think Le Heup of All with a high damage roll (20% max) would be better for the build overall? What about a +3 rare bow?

"
Hi Yordle, just finished reading over the build guide [...] and was wondering about the bow affixes. Specifically, Tora's signature mod "Causes Bleeding on Hit" and how well it could perform on this build. Since all of the Forsaken Master's signature mods are prefixes, using a magic bow with that prefix wouldn't help much at all over a magic bow with a "+2 to Level of Socketed Bow Gems" prefix but as a rare bow with the prefixes: Tora's Bleeding, +2 to Bow Gems, +1 to Gems; and suffixes: whatever ones you need/get/craft on your own.?

Both of these kind of touch on the same thing, mainly the upgrade to a +3 bow.

Yes, the end goal is a 6L +3 bow. 100%. That is what you should always be working towards. In every case it is worth using if you can get it, no matter what.

I touched on this a little in the guide, but I should really explain a bit more.

My END end end game perfect bow would be the following:

• Maraketh base (6% movespeed implicit)
  • Rare & 6L
  • +1 to gems
  • +2 to bow gems
  • +30% damage over time (crafted with Leo)
  • Triple resists

Now, of course not all of that is needed. A 6L with +3 is all you need - the base, leo craft and resists are all extra.

As for a Tora mod, that would NOT be helpful - the bleed is based on your physical damage, so it will deal virtually no damage at all, and PA cannot benefit from the Bloodlust support gem as far as I'm aware, meaning bleeding is not very useful.

As for Le Heup, you are taking a massive hit to your life and don't get much in return - especially since you also drop 25% damage per ring due to the loss of magic items.

"
I was also looking into starting off as a Ranger which has a closer location to the chaos damage and damage over time clusters on that side of the tree and a fair number of jewel sockets to grab. Plus, it's my favorite class so I'm biased (Fight me scrublords, Ranger class best class Kappa). I'd love to hear your input on these ideas so lemme know what you think.

Thanks for the great build mate!

Ranger would be fine, but you would want to tweak a few things. It would mean you are cut off to the 12% radius from Scion (it's a very hard stat to gain, and with limit amount of traps you can throw out there, you really want each one to hit as much stuff as possible) but you could get some extra life/ev as you path out of Ranger.

There is definitely no benefit to going ranger, and you do lose a small amount, but I'd say go for it if that is the class you love.
Last edited by Yordle on Aug 14, 2015, 3:54:40 PM
Currently lvl 68 in Warbands with a variant of this build. Mobs melt and the build is quite fun to play... however, do not be deceived, this build is not cheap. Be prepared to spam A LOT of alteration orbs if you are attempting to craft and if you're attempting to purchase items from poe.trade...be prepared for the insane pricing you will find. Overall I would definitely recommend the build and the OP has done a wonderful job with his build & guide, but it is a little misleading in regards to the effort and amount of currency required to achieve optimal gear/dps.
"
Shazmo wrote:
Currently lvl 68 in Warbands with a variant of this build. Mobs melt and the build is quite fun to play... however, do not be deceived, this build is not cheap. Be prepared to spam A LOT of alteration orbs if you are attempting to craft and if you're attempting to purchase items from poe.trade...be prepared for the insane pricing you will find. Overall I would definitely recommend the build and the OP has done a wonderful job with his build & guide, but it is a little misleading in regards to the effort and amount of currency required to achieve optimal gear/dps.

Really? That's interesting. Maybe a lot of that is just some bad RNG. I've had many people I know play my build and they've all had a similar experience to me - a lot of good finds on poe.trade for 1 alch ~ 5 chaos (good life + good resist magic is generally cheap) and been able to fill spots with some alt spamming.

The alt spamming is hard to "price" - but usually it is VERY easy to get some "starter" gear going (any mix of decent life and a decent resist / master crafting a resist) with just the alts you collect as you go. Your "end" game gear can be a little trickier, especially if you want T1 life and a specific T1 resist, but that's not needed to get the build going in any way and can be more of a fun thing you do over a longer period with alts you collect from mapping. To get over 3.5k life + resist capped and into mapping should not cost you multiple exalts of alts. That seems crazy to me, as someone who has alt spammed a LOT of magic gear at this point.

How did you go about alt spamming? Did you make sure the base was a good enough item level? Did you master craft resists onto pieces that you could? Did you go for *just* T1 life, or were you open to T2 or maybe even T3? Did you augment every 20%~+ resist roll for a chance at a really good life roll? Were you using Purity of Elements to ease the resists you need on gear? All these things make a huge difference at helping your starter gear cost a lot less.
Crafted myself a 5L +3 bow and picked up a 23% Hidden Potential jewel for cheap, so I'm thinking I'm going to give this one a shot soon in Standard, especially as I also have a level 3 Empower to use -- +6 level PA gem for the win! Still debating whether I want to go the trap route or not, but since the tree is light on trap-related nodes anyway I can always fiddle around with both.
OPA Guild Officer: to join see http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1119502

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info