Emberwake, Event 27: Brutus Kill

To see your points in the current season (and its prizes), go to this page.

You are also able to view your season and events history on your profile page, under the Seasons & Events section.

Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.
A guide has been posted here which covers general aspects and strategies of racing.

A summary of Time based events:

Time based events are designed to create a competitive environment where players compete not by character experience, but by their ability to progress through the game and complete specific objectives, such as killing bosses.

The boss required to be defeated for this race is: Brutus, located in The Upper Prison.

• The time recorded is based from the beginning of the race, not when your character is created.
  • Characters will not appear on the ladder until they have completed the objective.
  • Characters are not required to have completed the time based objective in order to receive points for the other objectives, such as points awarded for reaching certain levels.
  • Characters who die after completing the objective, will still be counted for receiving reward points except for the level-specific prizes.
  • Points are awarded at the end of the race, do not delete your characters until they have been moved to the permanent leagues.

Boss Kill Prizes:
The following are awarded to all players to complete them, not just the first.
  • Kill Brutus in Normal difficulty: 3 Reward Points.

Top Prizes:

The overall top player by time will receive 3 Reward Points.

The top 20 players of each class by time will receive:
  • #1 player of each class: Demigod's Beacon (Unique Golden Flame) and 10 Reward Points.
  • #2 player of each class: 6 Reward Points.
  • #3 player of each class: 5 Reward Points.
  • #4 player of each class: 4 Reward Points.
  • #5 player of each class: 3 Reward Points.
  • #6-10 player of each class: 2 Reward Points.
  • #11-20 player of each class: 1 Reward Point.

Prizes for reaching specific levels and staying alive:
  • Level 8: 5 Reward Points.
  • Level 6-7: 4 Reward Points.
  • Level 5: 3 Reward Points.
  • Level 4: 1 Reward Point.

Quest Prizes:
The first player to complete each of these quests wins the prize listed.
  • Normal difficulty Mercy Mission (The Tidal Island): 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty The Dweller of the Deep (The Flooded Depths): 2 Reward Points.

Full-clear Prizes:
The first player to kill all of the monsters in any of the following areas will receive:
  • Normal difficulty The Fetid Pool: 2 Reward Points.

Random Prizes:
Reward points earned in this race grant tickets in a random draw for the following items:
  • Alternate Art Ungil's Harmony Unique Item (50 available to be won)
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
I like these Kill races (second place after Tempest).

You have much time and get the most points out of it, even if you dont rush.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Jul 27, 2015, 3:07:20 PM
"
gandhar0 wrote:

I totally agree with you, they are a great way to get some solid points.
"
gandhar0 wrote:

Sooo, basically you like the race because it's easy to pretend it's not a race.
I think the point values on this need to be lowered, it's pretty insane that you can get 8 points in an hour race while not even trying to 'race'. Or at least lower the time limit down to 40(?) minutes to create some pressure to finish more quickly. Or maybe I'm just salty.
You are just salty. If people enjoy something, you shouldn't make it harder so they enjoy it less. It is after all a game, played for enjoyment.
Indeed the timelimit is very generous for a Brutus kill.
But even if it was only 40 minutes that wouldnt change much.

But thats not the point. I level everytime to the last second and the Brutus kill is just a 'free bonus' or motivation to rush even farther ino act 2.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

"
BlueThingPro wrote:
"
gandhar0 wrote:

I think the point values on this need to be lowered, it's pretty insane that you can get 8 points in an hour race while not even trying to 'race'. Or at least lower the time limit down to 40(?) minutes to create some pressure to finish more quickly. Or maybe I'm just salty.

I'll agree with this one. I'd set it to 30 or 35 minutes so it's open to everyone. I've seen people kill Brutus in 12 minute bursts in the past, to put some perspective on it.

"

Or maybe they should make the other races give more points? Why shouldn't we get an extra point for Brutus and one for Merveil in the ember race? They do more damage and getting to them is harder. No reason to be so stingy on the "Signature" races. Seems like lots of people are just skipping them.
resolved. can be deleted
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore

Last edited by gandhar0 on Jul 29, 2015, 6:12:25 PM
"
BlueThingPro wrote:
"
gandhar0 wrote:

Yeah. As you figured out, you're just salty.

This is a way to lure more people in. It's just a game, after all.

The leader board is there for the very few who are actually competitive in races. That's where all of the chest beating happens.

As long as people are having fun, who cares?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info