Emberwake, Event 27: Brutus Kill

"
BlueThingPro wrote:
"
gandhar0 wrote:
I like these Kill races (second place after Tempest).

You have much time and get the most points out of it, even if you dont rush.

Sooo, basically you like the race because it's easy to pretend it's not a race.
I think the point values on this need to be lowered, it's pretty insane that you can get 8 points in an hour race while not even trying to 'race'. Or at least lower the time limit down to 40(?) minutes to create some pressure to finish more quickly. Or maybe I'm just salty.
Yeah well without a top speed computer how is someone like me ever going to have a chance huh? These races give someone like me a reason to play, I try to get fast at other races I maybe just need some coaching i usually go magma orb and totem but Brutus is always a tough fight for me.
"
gandhar0 wrote:

Dont tell me that you logout after Brutus kill when there is so much extra time.

Uh yea i get to lvl 8 kill brutus by 18 mins and log... like most people who actually compete in the race season

edit* boom, rank 15, actually practice racing and participate in most. Try hard to learn game and do well. Still will only get like 3 more points than someone who just sees race as a joke and free points. Doesn't make much sense from the eyes of racers who actually are doing it for the competition.

I understand the fun factor and giving people a reason to race, but there's no reward in it for those who actually take the time to be good at racing compared to those who just see easy points. High reward, low risk is my basic argument i guess.

Just my 2 cents, nothing to get your panties in a bundle over
Last edited by BlueThingPro on Jul 29, 2015, 5:19:09 PM
TIL you will still desync like a motherfucker on brutus with lockstep
Hmm, now I wonder if bothering with:
Spoiler

was a good idea or not, had to turn two more corners in upper to get lv 8 for it and then go to town to grab them.
ProjectPT was right.
Best RNG ever item-wise, but the maps ... fuck that layout, seriously. Got lost for 2,5 min in upper prison :/ cost me rank 1 witch probably zzzzzz

RNG why do you only bless me in non max level races
Surprisingly straight forward upper prison this time, seen much more aids
Spoiler
wanderlust off brutus on reroll ok
"
BlueThingPro wrote:
"
gandhar0 wrote:

Dont tell me that you logout after Brutus kill when there is so much extra time.

Uh yea i get to lvl 8 kill brutus by 18 mins and log... like most people who actually compete in the race season

edit* boom, rank 15, actually practice racing and participate in most. Try hard to learn game and do well. Still will only get like 3 more points than someone who just sees race as a joke and free points. Doesn't make much sense from the eyes of racers who actually are doing it for the competition.

I understand the fun factor and giving people a reason to race, but there's no reward in it for those who actually take the time to be good at racing compared to those who just see easy points. High reward, low risk is my basic argument i guess.

Just my 2 cents, nothing to get your panties in a bundle over

I've highlighted the rewards exclusive to the best racer(s).

There's plenty of extra points available for those who are great at racing. If you wish to achieve that level, you'll need to practice more.

The very best don't give a hoot about the points. It's about demis. Get better, get after those and stop worrying about the rest of us who don't play PoE professionally. :)
I try to race as often as I can and even when I do, I'm not that fast. Killed Brutus in 39 minutes at lvl 9. One day I'll be faster... better than last season tho! :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info