[2.0] ✮ MrKasor's Tri-Curse Icestorm High Maiden ✮ [HC] Affordable CI Safe High Damage 7-Jewels

"
mezmery wrote:
ok, here we go. i like frost sorc gameplay, and i was happy to see this new staff released, as in d3 there no viable frost builds atm.

1) while having pretty moderate damage(comparing to inci and srs, as my fav spells) and high gear requierments this build, as every CI build nowadays makes you heartattack every exile, leaping increased damage or just white devourer you meet. im not running AA atm, but i dont think i will feel much better when hits for 50% of my 8k shield will hit me for 45%.
2) without astramentis you cant hit any gem reqs(you need to take 2 dex and 2 str 30sh nodes, or not to convert rangers zone to int, which is counteproductive), so it is mandatory, as you cant stack stats on your items, because you need high int.
3) recommended scorn and gentle touch sink your ES in unacceptable manner.
4) resists are painful to get, the only way to fix- 1-2 ex triple pieces, or taking templar tree(you need to take it anyway if you want to run aa). godly 3 ex gems are fun, but they are not even sold.
5) curse setups override each other in heartattack manner(you dont want that elite dovurer to lose temp-enf-bite, cause you killed some little spider next to it)
6) mana issue, you cant sustain yourself untill early 80th. pure leveling is impossible. geofri firestorm only way.
7) colouring es pieces in ggrb manner is fun
8) almost impossible to farm tempests in correct way.
9) makes you play in extremly conservative style, unless you want scrubcore ticket.

TL;DR
not for novices, first char in league, for someone who got used to agressive play and is really fun to play in group as semi-support(kappa, no one needs nonmf support). prepare you exalts, but keep in mind that currency wise this is quite ineffective build with no power spikes upon investmens(unlike crit builds)

Your Points have been logged and I was using the HoI as a place holder I don't like it. Any Suggestions as to what you would run instead?
[3.2] ✮ MrBones Wild Ride Dancing Dervish Melee Skeleton Summoner ✮ [400%+ Movement Speed]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2094226
"
MrKasor wrote:
"
mezmery wrote:
ok, here we go. i like frost sorc gameplay, and i was happy to see this new staff released, as in d3 there no viable frost builds atm.

1) while having pretty moderate damage(comparing to inci and srs, as my fav spells) and high gear requierments this build, as every CI build nowadays makes you heartattack every exile, leaping increased damage or just white devourer you meet. im not running AA atm, but i dont think i will feel much better when hits for 50% of my 8k shield will hit me for 45%.
2) without astramentis you cant hit any gem reqs(you need to take 2 dex and 2 str 30sh nodes, or not to convert rangers zone to int, which is counteproductive), so it is mandatory, as you cant stack stats on your items, because you need high int.
4) resists are painful to get, the only way to fix- 1-2 ex triple pieces, or taking templar tree(you need to take it anyway if you want to run aa). godly 3 ex gems are fun, but they are not even sold.
5) curse setups override each other in heartattack manner(you dont want that elite dovurer to lose temp-enf-bite, cause you killed some little spider next to it)
6) mana issue, you cant sustain yourself untill early 80th. pure leveling is impossible. geofri firestorm only way.
9) makes you play in extremly conservative style, unless you want scrubcore ticket.

TL;DR
not for novices, first char in league, for someone who got used to agressive play and is really fun to play in group as semi-support(kappa, no one needs nonmf support). prepare you exalts, but keep in mind that currency wise this is quite ineffective build with no power spikes upon investmens(unlike crit builds)

Your Points have been logged and I was using the HoI as a place holder I don't like it. Any Suggestions as to what you would run instead?

point where i started actually getting fun from this build was level 80. before - it's very scary to play.
level 86 tempest running aa, hoi, hot, clarity, disc
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAv4NfA5IEQ8RLxFQEZYV1xcvGGoZihqPGyUdFB1PHaofxyL0KU8qOCsKK3gsnCymLL8tHy2LLag0CjW5N2Y5UjsNQsNGcUuuTLNV1lZjWAdca13yXypfal-wYlpk52aebAttGW-ecLt0VXxLf8aApIKbgwmESITFhq6MNox2j0aP-pDWkyeWdJcGm6GbtZ48oS-nK6yYsZC0DLaGtve3MbfWu-O-gL6KwcXDOsNtxKLKSsrT0B_Q0Nlb21nfhN-Y4YjpAuq67BjsOO0g7-v22vfX-tL7Cf66?accountName=mezmery&characterName=Caster

current gear
Spoiler

PS phase run is completely pointles, as in 9 of 10 cases you spend it's offensive pdamage buff.
PPS i actually think witch start is better, but harder to level up

im at 9800 es atm and considering doedre's scorn. but really doubting that, as to maintain healthy ~10k es you need really godly pieces, like 300 es boots, 200 gloves and 700 chest
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on Aug 11, 2015, 10:57:45 AM
As a casual noob (started just before the Awakening ), I've been looking forward to try this since day 1. I finally got my staff through cards and can't wait to try it out. Thanks for the write up.
Does projectile damage, faster projectiles work with ice storm?
Is ice storm a projectile skill?
"
mezmery wrote:
"
MrKasor wrote:
"
mezmery wrote:

TL;DR

point where i started actually getting fun from this build was level 80. before - it's very scary to play.
level 86 tempest running aa, hoi, hot, clarity, disc
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAv4NfA5IEQ8RLxFQEZYV1xcvGGoZihqPGyUdFB1PHaofxyL0KU8qOCsKK3gsnCymLL8tHy2LLag0CjW5N2Y5UjsNQsNGcUuuTLNV1lZjWAdca13yXypfal-wYlpk52aebAttGW-ecLt0VXxLf8aApIKbgwmESITFhq6MNox2j0aP-pDWkyeWdJcGm6GbtZ48oS-nK6yYsZC0DLaGtve3MbfWu-O-gL6KwcXDOsNtxKLKSsrT0B_Q0Nlb21nfhN-Y4YjpAuq67BjsOO0g7-v22vfX-tL7Cf66?accountName=mezmery&characterName=Caster

current gear
Spoiler

PS phase run is completely pointles, as in 9 of 10 cases you spend it's offensive pdamage buff.
PPS i actually think witch start is better, but harder to level up

im at 9800 es atm and considering doedre's scorn. but really doubting that, as to maintain healthy ~10k es you need really godly pieces, like 300 es boots, 200 gloves and 700 chest

Hi im little new to the game just somequestions.
hoi is vs reflect damage right?
Why u use call of the brothergood?
How curse on hit works on your body armor?
I dont get the concept.
Last edited by PsyonicTerror on Oct 15, 2015, 9:14:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info