[2.0] ✮ MrKasor's Tri-Curse Icestorm High Maiden ✮ [HC] Affordable CI Safe High Damage 7-Jewels

I like the changes! Can't wait to get this build really going, farming incantation cards now in western forest. These things must be crazy rare, as I've yet to find one .. YET!
"
HOLLA wrote:
I like the changes! Can't wait to get this build really going, farming incantation cards now in western forest. These things must be crazy rare, as I've yet to find one .. YET!

It is quite rare but I've heard of people getting 4 reliably takes a couple hours each card. Unless you do spring maps then its faster but you need the map pool and probably have a better chance of a drop of equal value.
[3.2] ✮ MrBones Wild Ride Dancing Dervish Melee Skeleton Summoner ✮ [400%+ Movement Speed]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2094226
Eh, I started leveling already but now I wonder why do we actually go Scion? I mean we can take all the same nodes as witch and would be probably easier to lvl up with. Also, dont understand the +10% res bandit quest at all, never had any problems in getting my res capped.

Ok, mby some clarification. I only looked at the trap version 120+ skill tree where you don't take the Vaal Pact. On the other hand in the trap version 120+ skill tree you still have thw quick recovery notable taken, which is an obvious mistake? I dunno, I really want to like this bulid but at the moment it seems just too messy.
Last edited by YUsoEvil on Jul 27, 2015, 5:23:52 PM
"
YUsoEvil wrote:
Eh, I started leveling already but now I wonder why do we actually go Scion? I mean we can take all the same nodes as witch and would be probably easier to lvl up with. Also, dont understand the +10% res bandit quest at all, never had any problems in getting my res capped.

Ok, mby some clarification. I only looked at the trap version 120+ skill tree where you don't take the Vaal Pact. On the other hand in the trap version 120+ skill tree you still have thw quick recovery notable taken, which is an obvious mistake? I dunno, I really want to like this bulid but at the moment it seems just too messy.

I haven't really touched the trap build at the moment as I ran into problems and It had to take a back burner. I really like the way this build was progressing so I focused on this until I remake the Trap Build. I figured when I finish this one only a few changes and then the trap is done.

You are CI so the only thing that matters is Resists from bandits for one. The reason you don't have problems capping is because I designed it that way as having capped resists is the first step and second only to a large health pool in terms of importance. Resists become a problem only in MERC so getting overcapped early will pay off much better later and lets you save a lot of currency and time grinding.

You go Scion so you can get access to the 8 jewel slots easily and for the early scion wheel. I also prefer the scion look and find its starting position really easy for leveling most builds. Efficiently this build works best with the scion. The tree I don't think will change much from where it is right now as it's pretty much maxing out for this build.

I can tell you for a fact that THIS build is not messy in the tree, gear, or skill sections. In fact its pretty much the most Efficient Icestorm build out there.
[3.2] ✮ MrBones Wild Ride Dancing Dervish Melee Skeleton Summoner ✮ [400%+ Movement Speed]
Last edited by MrKasor on Jul 28, 2015, 12:05:45 AM
Does Curse on Hit work with Herald of Ice?
I'm somehow having serious mana issues...I only have enough mana to cast Icestorm once and after that I either am lucky that there are enough mobs to make another cast possible or otherwise I have to wait 1sec for mana to recharge.
"
Polypropylen wrote:
I'm somehow having serious mana issues...I only have enough mana to cast Icestorm once and after that I either am lucky that there are enough mobs to make another cast possible or otherwise I have to wait 1sec for mana to recharge.

Does Curse on Hit work with Herald of Ice?

Lol howww you have so much mana and mena regen. Unreserve a aura until you can support a better cast or use a long duration mana pot until then.

Yes but only the shatter effect not the on hit.
Standard prices for this staff on poe.trade is sick, after i farmed the cards for some time and only found one card i gave up and decided to buy it instead.

I use ball lightning to proc curses because i never even once got a curse from using curse on hit + herald of ice.

Ill probably change that later on when im a higher lvl

I like the build and its a good guide.
Last edited by zkin on Jul 28, 2015, 8:23:01 PM
"
zkin wrote:
Standard prices for this staff on poe.trade is sick, after i farmed the cards for some time and only found one card i gave up and decided to buy it instead.

I use ball lightning to proc curses because i never even once got a curse from using curse on hit + herald of ice.

Ill probably change that later on when im a higher lvl

I like the build and its a good guide.

Look closely only charge producing curses on on it. When the monster is dealt the final blow. It is cursed with the Curse then dies. Which allows for Charge Generation and doesn't mess with the effectiveness of our other curses you get it now? Yeah it's a new staff and skill it's gonna be pricey. But it is low level so not out of reach
"
MrKasor wrote:

Look closely only charge producing curses on on it. When the monster is dealt the final blow. It is cursed with the Curse then dies. Which allows for Charge Generation and doesn't mess with the effectiveness of our other curses you get it now? Yeah it's a new staff and skill it's gonna be pricey. But it is low level so not out of reach

Yeah i understand the concept.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info