Friday-Sunday Only - The Ember Mystery Box!

"
Archwizard wrote:
"
HorribleRube wrote:
"
Archwizard wrote:
I love how people that can't read blame GGG for their own dumb assumptions.

Oh looks, it's the expected apologist fanboy! My dumb assumption was assuming that it wasn't a scam, right? If something you're selling has the proviso that you have to read smallprint that isn't present anywhere on the storefront you're actually selling the item, it might just be a scam! Not everyone scours forums to see if everything they buy is a ripoff.

If I had bought 2 fireplaces, 1 anger aura, and 1 firefly it would have cost less than buying 6 boxes, so it wasn't cheaper. Not that I would have bought them anyway, because these items are of embarrasingly low quality. The firefly is literally just some particle effects floating around. I could create that item in 4 minutes in particle universe.

If I had known these items were not only in the box, but dramatically more likely to drop than any other item I would never have bought them and I doubt 90% of the other people who did would either. Funny how they didn't mention drop rates anywhere, isn't it?

Half this thread is people complaining, the other half is people making excuses. That should tell you something.

From the store:

"Receive a random microtransaction with a fiery theme! It'll appear inside your microtransaction stash, waiting to be unwrapped. Only available this weekend!

Mystery packs contain one random microtransaction that is guaranteed to cost at least as much as the pack."

What part of the word random do you and people like you fail to understand?

You cannot change the parameters of your purchase to say "well this way would be cheaper!" No shit getting fewer mtxes, including removing 2 expensive auras, would be cheaper. That's like me saying "well, if I take out the skull mtx I got, I paid more for the boxes!"

How on earth does that make any sense? You can use all 3 aura mtxes, on 3 different characters.

And yes, it is a bunch of people complaining here, and many with the same complaint as you re: duplicates. And yes, I would categorize them all as idiots.

The buyer's failure to read what the seller puts out there is not the seller's fault. It is that damned simple. I have no sympathy at all for people that don't read, and don't read the Announcements section of game they play.

/signed
#rekt

No sympathy from me, illiteracy strikes hard these days.

Some people here need to look up the definition of a scam. Then again, some people here simply just need to learn to process words, take them in, fully comprehend them and then compute an action.

As in "hmm it's random, can i really afford to get multiple of these xx17xx effects?"

If yes --> move to purchase
If not --> Sit on your hands for half an hour staring at the screen, or whatever fills up your time.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
So, I bought a "few." Who says you can't use multiples? (Some items definitely showed up more than others. Fireflies, Fireplaces...)

Mystery boxes are always fun, but can get punishing if you get lots of dupes you can't use. Also, they're tough to design because I've yet to see anyone anticipate the perceived or emotional value (which is the true currency measure of in-game items) of an item when it comes to duplicates.

I.e. 1 infernal fox is worth 250, but the 2nd (as you can only use one) is not. You can place it in your hideout, so it still has some value, but definitely not as much as the pet. Unless you're an interior design genius with a flair for the fires of hell look, you probably wouldn't spend 60 points on multiple fireplaces either. Ok fine, I suck at interior design, but I'll be damned if I'm letting those things rot in my inventory :) It does take a while for my hideout to load now though lol.

Don't forget the video event! MMORPG & Plays.tv Video Event - http://goo.gl/mKSKAL

[playstv id="55aafb666a023892e2"][/playstv]
"
Archwizard wrote:
"
HorribleRube wrote:
"
Archwizard wrote:
I love how people that can't read blame GGG for their own dumb assumptions.

Oh looks, it's the expected apologist fanboy! My dumb assumption was assuming that it wasn't a scam, right? If something you're selling has the proviso that you have to read smallprint that isn't present anywhere on the storefront you're actually selling the item, it might just be a scam! Not everyone scours forums to see if everything they buy is a ripoff.

If I had bought 2 fireplaces, 1 anger aura, and 1 firefly it would have cost less than buying 6 boxes, so it wasn't cheaper. Not that I would have bought them anyway, because these items are of embarrasingly low quality. The firefly is literally just some particle effects floating around. I could create that item in 4 minutes in particle universe.

If I had known these items were not only in the box, but dramatically more likely to drop than any other item I would never have bought them and I doubt 90% of the other people who did would either. Funny how they didn't mention drop rates anywhere, isn't it?

Half this thread is people complaining, the other half is people making excuses. That should tell you something.

From the store:

"Receive a random microtransaction with a fiery theme! It'll appear inside your microtransaction stash, waiting to be unwrapped. Only available this weekend!

Mystery packs contain one random microtransaction that is guaranteed to cost at least as much as the pack."

What part of the word random do you and people like you fail to understand?

You cannot change the parameters of your purchase to say "well this way would be cheaper!" No shit getting fewer mtxes, including removing 2 expensive auras, would be cheaper. That's like me saying "well, if I take out the skull mtx I got, I paid more for the boxes!"

How on earth does that make any sense? You can use all 3 aura mtxes, on 3 different characters.

And yes, it is a bunch of people complaining here, and many with the same complaint as you re: duplicates. And yes, I would categorize them all as idiots.

The buyer's failure to read what the seller puts out there is not the seller's fault. It is that damned simple. I have no sympathy at all for people that don't read, and don't read the Announcements section of game they play.

Of all the terrible apologist excuses I've heard from fanboys in my day, "use the auras on different characters!" is probably the stupidest. I have to move all my other cosmetics when I change characters anyway, what's one more? Having 2 extra auras makes no difference, so they're worthless.

And I know what random means. I've spent over £400 on Valve's chests (GGG won't be seeing any of that money lol) and never once felt scammed. Guess why? Because they don't fill the chests with goodies and a few turds like the firefly, imply that you have an equal chance of getting any of them, and then give the turds a hidden 90% drop chance. That isn't random. That's pseudo-random. That's a scam.

Mindless fanboys like you never realise that making weak excuses doesn't convince the regular players of anything. If something gets this many complaints then GGG will listen or go out of business because fanboy excuses don't pay bills.

At the end of the day I'm never spending any money on PoE again. GGG just lost all that money I'll give to Valve instead. :)
Farewell? No? Aww, dang it.
"
HorribleRube wrote:
snip

You won't be missed...

Edit: If high-end skins/effects/other micros were transferable, I would gladly send them to you, so that you could shut it.

I don't need them. Nor do these shinies affect my gameplay. I am getting the exact same experience with or without pets etc. Everyone knows it. Why do I bother buying them then? Because I support the game and I like GGG's vision. It's because of people like us that you are enjoying Act 3 and 4 and the 3 Addons for FREE.

Buying a 'mystery box' and getting something you don't want is not pleasant. But think about it... If you really wanted something in particular, BUY it! Don't Gamble. Or wait for Sales.
Bitching because you gamble and lost is the same as Betting on a horse and losing. And nowhere did GGG state that you have an equal chance of winning every prize.
Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum - That's nature for you.
Last edited by KhelThuzad on Jul 19, 2015, 1:27:18 AM
Just going to say that I don't like the idea of "lockboxes". I hope they don't ever get to the point where you can't buy the items outside of purchasing a lockbox.
(🌸=◡=)

I lose.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
Last edited by p0t on Jul 19, 2015, 1:46:11 AM
Opened six boxes and got (is worth 270 coins):

x2 =

x1 = Infernal Throne

250 ( Throne)
220 (Infernal Skull Head MTX)
120 (Infernal Footprints)
120 (2x fireplace)
90 (infernal skull anger)

all stuff together is worth 800 coins

I think i got very lucky, and will not gamble a second time. Will buy the infernal armor pieces when they got released.

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Jul 19, 2015, 3:50:50 AM
i bought two boxes, got
and
seems fair for me
"
KhelThuzad wrote:
snap

it works! now I never have to read a stupid white knight post again!
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Jul 19, 2015, 4:31:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info