Friday-Sunday Only - The Ember Mystery Box!

"
guidoo wrote:
Had I known you could get hideout decorations as rewards I would not have bought these. Too bad.

Yeah, I'm not too thrilled about the inclusion of hideout decorations, myself. Might still take a chance on one (or more) of these mystery boxes, but the hideout decorations definitely give me pause. Not really my thing.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
"
It's possible to win pieces of the unreleased Infernal Armour Set from these Mystery Boxes! There's a 10% chance of receiving one of those armour pieces in each box. If you don't manage to complete the set this weekend, that's okay - we will be releasing the Infernal Armour Set as regular purchasable microtransactions in approximately three weeks. Here are videos of the Complete Set, Body Armour, Helmet, Boots and Gloves.

See that's disappointing I used up so much points to try and get the full set and then to find out it will be released later....

I truly wish that the armor set only came from the mystery boxes and not on later release.
"
Chris wrote:
It's for three days. This is fixed now, thanks!

you're welcome .

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Bought 3, far more satisfying results compared to the St. Patrick's Day Box, although I do already own the fiery visage.

On the fields of Trenzalore, at the fall of the eleventh, when no living creature can speak falsely or fail to answer, a Question will be asked, a question that must never, ever be answered
"
CorranHorn wrote:
40 points for a firefly swarm set? WTF GGG!

REkkit'd ?
Strength and Honor,
Phatboi
I think I just won.

Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Newish player here. Bought 6 of these, got 3 anger auras, 2 fireplaces, and 1 firefly. 3 duplicate auras I can never use together? Really?

I guess I assumed it worked similar to other chests from steam games (no duplicates, all items have an equal chance of dropping), I didn't realise it was such a scam.

I'm never spending money on PoE ever again. I hope it was worth it, GGG.
"
HorribleRube wrote:
Newish player here. Bought 6 of these, got 3 anger auras, 2 fireplaces, and 1 firefly. 3 duplicate auras I can never use together? Really?

I guess I assumed it worked similar to other chests from steam games (no duplicates, all items have an equal chance of dropping), I didn't realise it was such a scam.

I'm never spending money on PoE ever again. I hope it was worth it, GGG.

I love how people that can't read blame GGG for their own dumb assumptions.

From the OP:

"
Chris wrote:
Each box grants you one random fire-themed microtransaction, with value equal to at least that of the box (45 points).

Each box costs 45 points and has an expected value of 118 points. You'll win something worth at least as much as you paid! Many of the prizes are ones that you could use multiple of, such as premium fire-themed pets and hideout decorations.

Note the word random in the first bit. Random means just that, random. It can be any one of the 17 possible effects.

Now, each box gives you an item guaranteed to be worth at least what you paid, meaning that you never end up getting less than you spent.

Finally, that last paragraph specifically says that "[m]any of the prizes are ones that you could use multiple of...."

I seriously don't understand how people can possibly expect there to be no duplicates. If that were the case, everyone would just buy 17 boxes and get all the mtxes possible at a serious discount. This is not at all a scam for anyone that knows how to read and takes half a second to think about it.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Last edited by Archwizard on Jul 18, 2015, 7:48:52 PM
"
Archwizard wrote:

Oh looks, it's the expected apologist fanboy! My dumb assumption was assuming that it wasn't a scam, right? If something you're selling has the proviso that you have to read smallprint that isn't present anywhere on the storefront you're actually selling the item, it might just be a scam! Not everyone scours forums to see if everything they buy is a ripoff.

If I had bought 2 fireplaces, 1 anger aura, and 1 firefly it would have cost less than buying 6 boxes, so it wasn't cheaper. Not that I would have bought them anyway, because these items are of embarrasingly low quality. The firefly is literally just some particle effects floating around. I could create that item in 4 minutes in particle universe.

If I had known these items were not only in the box, but dramatically more likely to drop than any other item I would never have bought them and I doubt 90% of the other people who did would either. Funny how they didn't mention drop rates anywhere, isn't it?

Half this thread is people complaining, the other half is people making excuses. That should tell you something.
"
HorribleRube wrote:
"
Archwizard wrote:

Oh looks, it's the expected apologist fanboy! My dumb assumption was assuming that it wasn't a scam, right? If something you're selling has the proviso that you have to read smallprint that isn't present anywhere on the storefront you're actually selling the item, it might just be a scam! Not everyone scours forums to see if everything they buy is a ripoff.

If I had bought 2 fireplaces, 1 anger aura, and 1 firefly it would have cost less than buying 6 boxes, so it wasn't cheaper. Not that I would have bought them anyway, because these items are of embarrasingly low quality. The firefly is literally just some particle effects floating around. I could create that item in 4 minutes in particle universe.

If I had known these items were not only in the box, but dramatically more likely to drop than any other item I would never have bought them and I doubt 90% of the other people who did would either. Funny how they didn't mention drop rates anywhere, isn't it?

Half this thread is people complaining, the other half is people making excuses. That should tell you something.

From the store:

"Receive a random microtransaction with a fiery theme! It'll appear inside your microtransaction stash, waiting to be unwrapped. Only available this weekend!

Mystery packs contain one random microtransaction that is guaranteed to cost at least as much as the pack."

What part of the word random do you and people like you fail to understand?

You cannot change the parameters of your purchase to say "well this way would be cheaper!" No shit getting fewer mtxes, including removing 2 expensive auras, would be cheaper. That's like me saying "well, if I take out the skull mtx I got, I paid more for the boxes!"

How on earth does that make any sense? You can use all 3 aura mtxes, on 3 different characters.

And yes, it is a bunch of people complaining here, and many with the same complaint as you re: duplicates. And yes, I would categorize them all as idiots.

The buyer's failure to read what the seller puts out there is not the seller's fault. It is that damned simple. I have no sympathy at all for people that don't read, and don't read the Announcements section of game they play.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info