Friday-Sunday Only - The Ember Mystery Box!

"
There's a 10% chance of receiving one of those armour pieces in each box.

Fuck this RNG

"
GGG = Goddamn Greedy Goblins

Literally scumbags. Worst part is I'll be probably buying the suit when it comes out. Doesnt change the fact that I despise GGG.

If GGG held a gun to your head and made you buy those (presumably all at once without opening any, first), call a cop. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Demanimal wrote:
I don't get why people are complaining so much, it does say a low chance to get the infernal pieces and that its basically random. To many gambling addicts roam free here it seems.

Because there's another modifier inside that 10% chance to get an armour piece. It's not 25/25/25/25.

Boots and gloves are FAR more common. That's not what'd I'd expect from this company. Not when it comes to mtx.
"
Demanimal wrote:
I don't get why people are complaining so much, it does say a low chance to get the infernal pieces and that its basically random. To many gambling addicts roam free here it seems.

Well for one its the infernal set that makes the box interesting to gamble. I doubt if there would be so much interest if the infernal set was not in the package, so it kind of makes it relevant to the complains, cause most people want that. On the other hand the complains are valid when you spend 500 or 1000 points to get the same microtransactions over and over again.

To me the whole "box" idea is wrong, the way its done here. They should add more different microtransactions if they want to lower the chances for you to get the set (and exclude the same ones from the next box), and that way give you the opportunity to get the value for your money. They do say that you will get something that costs at least the value of the box, what they don't say is that you might get that multiple times, so once you get the same microtransaction more than once, the value for the rest is zero.

Eventually the way its done you pay way much more for the ones you want, if you buy more than one box, which eventually you will, if you are aiming for the infernal set.
Don't fool yourself exile... your end is just around the corner!
Last edited by Mihalis on Jul 17, 2015, 5:18:44 AM
OP states 10% chance to win one of the armour pieces, which would imply equal chance across all 4 pieces. This is the problem, I purchased assuming equal chance within the set based off the information given. Only to find out, that it's not a 10% chance to get one of the pieces. The *highest* chance is 10%. Others are much much lower.

Thanks GGG
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
OP states 10% chance to win one of the armour pieces, which would imply equal chance across all 4 pieces. This is the problem, I purchased assuming equal chance within the set based off the information given. Only to find out, that it's not a 10% chance to get one of the pieces. The *highest* chance is 10%. Others are much much lower.

Thanks GGG

It implies nothing, you inferred it.

It says 10% to win one piece. Then, when you win one piece, there's 100% divvied up among the four pieces. Now it maybe 40/40/10/10 for boots/gloves/body/helm instead of your desired 25/25/25/25, but that doesn't change the fact that the initial 10% to get A piece happened as the OP said it would. It could never be 10% to get a SPECIFIC piece. (Basically, what you said 2 posts above the quoted one is accurate.)

I also don't get people complaining about dupe mtxes, I got an infernal skull and infernal footprints, both of which I already own, and I am very happy to have gotten them. I love those effects and since mtxes can only be used on one character at a time, I can now deck out two characters with those effects without having to worry about reclaiming and applying to a new char.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
Archwizard wrote:
I also don't get people complaining about dupe mtxes, I got an infernal skull and infernal footprints, both of which I already own, and I am very happy to have gotten them.

So you are happy that you had to pay twice for the same thing. Well thats a new economic model. We should extend that to other products and services as well, like smartphones, tvs, internet services, operating systems and so on.
Don't fool yourself exile... your end is just around the corner!
WTF are we supposed to do with ALL the duplicates ggg?

Hopefully we can do something with the dupes...

I got 4 different duplicates (a triple of one of these)... makes me feel like not spending another penny & leaves a really bad taste in the mouth. Plus I have to look at them each time I go into my transactions page as we cannot organise that space.

To anyone who is yet to buy... only get a few (at most)... But get none, would be my first advice.
Last edited by Rafe13 on Jul 17, 2015, 5:59:23 AM
"
Mihalis wrote:
"
Archwizard wrote:
I also don't get people complaining about dupe mtxes, I got an infernal skull and infernal footprints, both of which I already own, and I am very happy to have gotten them.

So you are happy that you had to pay twice for the same thing. Well thats a new economic model. We should extend that to other products and services as well, like smartphones, tvs, internet services, operating systems and so on.

I didn't have to pay a damn thing. I felt like spending 45 points to see what I got. I got an infernal skull, and despite already owning one I was happy to get the second one. I could have bought a second skull for 220 points normal price, or the 150 or whatever it is on sale, instead I got it for 45.

I have flat out purchased multiple copies of other mtxes I like a lot (e,g, clarity, discipline, skull hood), so again, I don't see why people are complaining about getting dupes.

If you are strictly doing this to win the infernal armor set, you're an idiot. It is virtually impossible to get that set for cheaper than it will be when it's released.

Let's just assume the 10% rate is evenly distributed for which piece you get. Let's also assume you get super lucky and don't get a dupe. It still take 40 boxes to complete the set if the odds hold. That's 45 * 40 = 1800 points. Armor sets range from 320-420 right now, and I bet this one will be on the expensive side. For fun, let's say 450. That's 10 boxes max to come out EVEN, not AHEAD. Good luck with that. And the Steam Powered Armor set was just on sale for like 250, which means you get 5 boxes to come out ahead. May RNGesus be with you.

-Galileo Galilei
"
Rafe13 wrote:
WTF are we supposed to do with ALL the duplicates ggg?

Hopefully we can do something with the dupes...

I got 4 duplicates... makes me feel like not spending another penny & leaves a really bad taste in the mouth.

Use them on more than 1 character? Use them in more than 1 hideout? Don't fucking gamble if you can't handle the rules of the game?

-Galileo Galilei

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info